The college majors that make you the most and the least money

Should students who attend college choose their major based on interest/affinity/ability, or on the expectation of a specific future career, or purely on a cost/benefit analysis, or some combination of all these?

It's fun to watch you try to fit your entire vocabulary into one sentence.

Should students who attend college choose their major based on interest/affinity/ability, or on the expectation of a specific future career, or purely on a cost/benefit analysis, or some combination of all these?

It's fun to watch you try to fit your entire vocabulary into one sentence.

You do realize that you just admitted to having a fairly low vocabulary, right?

The oil and gas industries need thousands more engineers. And the demand will only increase with time.

Demand will taper off in the future. It's a good field for someone entering now, but it won't be in ten years.

I think that in 10 years this field will be just hitting its stride.

Unless there's a Democrat in the White House.

Alternative energy sources become cheaper every year and oil deposits are increasing in places that are difficult to extract from. It's a recipe for declining market.

The Study of Action-Apologetics

I remember that scene in "The Color of Money" (1986) when Tom Cruise's character (Vince) tells Paul Newman's character (Eddie) that he believes he can pick up a lot of information about 'modern intelligence' just by playing video games, since, supposedly, the military was designing all kinds of computer-controlled weaponry that functioned with buttons and required operators with quick hand-eye-coordination and mental reflexes (almost as if they were video game experts).

If you studied electrical engineering, you might be aware of what materials are good conductors (i.e., copper) of electricity and what materials are good insulators (i.e., rubber). Even if you do not use this information in a job (maybe you decide to join the priesthood), you still might find the information useful. For example, your kid asks you something like, "Why are copper wires wrapped with rubber?"

What college majors make for lucrative employment prospects should not be a guiding factor for students. Why do we criticize student athletes who take scholarships based purely on sports performance? If we think like this, then we're in danger of saying things like, "The world needs more youngsters who are simply business students or law students" (since we live in a Burger King export/tariff modern market).

Anyways, you can almost blind-guess the answer to this question/topic: BUSINESS/ECONOMICS.

:afro:

The Color of Money (Film)

video-man.jpg

Forum List

Back