The comma touch: Jacob Rees-Mogg's aides send language rules to staff

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016

A list of rules has been sent to Jacob Rees-Mogg’s staff asking them to stop using words such as “hopefully” and demanding that they use imperial measurements only and give all non-titled males the suffix Esq.

Aides to the new leader of the House of Commons sent out the list shortly after Rees-Mogg’s appointment to the role by the new prime minister on Wednesday night.

Among the words and phrases considered unacceptable were: “very”, “due to” and “ongoing”, as well as “equal”, “yourself” and “unacceptable”. Rees-Mogg’s aides also barred the use of “lot”, “got” and “I am pleased to learn”.

Oh Lord. What have they done ?

A list of rules has been sent to Jacob Rees-Mogg’s staff asking them to stop using words such as “hopefully” and demanding that they use imperial measurements only and give all non-titled males the suffix Esq.

Aides to the new leader of the House of Commons sent out the list shortly after Rees-Mogg’s appointment to the role by the new prime minister on Wednesday night.

Among the words and phrases considered unacceptable were: “very”, “due to” and “ongoing”, as well as “equal”, “yourself” and “unacceptable”. Rees-Mogg’s aides also barred the use of “lot”, “got” and “I am pleased to learn”.

Gawd, what a hardass.

But then, Tom, shouldn't you scream, "Oh Lord. What have we done?"

Like, getting the government "we" deserve?

Gawd, what a hardass.

But then, Tom, shouldn't you scream, "Oh Lord. What have we done?"

Like, getting the government "we" deserve?
Boris actually stood for my constituency many years ago. Its only ever returned a labour member and he was there on a learning exercise before being parachuted into a tory safe seat.
Local legend has it that he came to the Rhos and got talking to some old fella. After a few minutes chatting the old chap shook his hand and promised his vote to Boris.

"Gotta keep that fuckin tory out see"

Of course we are civilised in the Rhos. I understand someone twatted him in Ruabon.

Boris actually stood for my constituency many years ago. Its only ever returned a labour member and he was there on a learning exercise before being parachuted into a tory safe seat.
Local legend has it that he came to the Rhos and got talking to some old fella. After a few minutes chatting the old chap shook his hand and promised his vote to Boris.

Of course we are civilised in the Rhos. I understand someone twatted him in Ruabon.

Darn if I can figure out whereof you speak above. Wasn't this supposed to be about Jacob? Rees-Mogg, that is?

And what has Ruabon to do with all of that? Care to help me out here?

Darn if I can figure out whereof you speak above. Wasn't this supposed to be about Jacob? Rees-Mogg, that is?

And what has Ruabon to do with all of that? Care to help me out here?
Boris is his boss and cut from the same cloth. Ruabon is a village near Wrexham as is the Rhos (which is short for Rhosllanerchrugog)

Boris is his boss and cut from the same cloth. Ruabon is a village near Wrexham as is the Rhos (which is short for Rhosllanerchrugog)

Chuckle. Whatever, Tom. It'll probably take me months of digging into the electoral history of Wales to figure all that out, or how Boris BoJo was "twatted" in some village or other, or what that even means. And no, I won't even try to pronounce "Rhosllanerchrugog". Not a chance...

Forum List

Back