The conflict is happening in the USA now.

buddhallah_the_christ

Dec 4, 2014
I can't help keeping silence.
Gun control is a just a symptom of a much bigger problem in the US...small groups of extremists on both sides are getting all the media attention while moderates are marginalized and as a consequence the extreme polarization of the entire populace on just about any issue you can think of. It has been going on for a while, but it really started gaining speed at the end 2003/beginning of the Iraq war and was continued at the time of Afghanistan campaign.

What is a "moderate" in the gun rights issue?

You can have some guns, but just not one that looks scary?

There are too many gun laws on the books as it is.

I think a lot of the polarization in recent years has been due to the rise of the 24 hour news channel.

In order to keep your eyeballs glued to the screen, and thus bring in ad revenue, every little thing has to be a BOMBSHELL drama. Eek! Scandal! HORROR! SHIT YOUR PANTS THE WORLD IS ENDING!!! BREAKING: YOU'RE BEING ROBBED GOING TO DIE BLEEDING FROM YOUR EYEBALLS AND KIDNEYS THERE'S A TERRORIST UNDER YOUR BED RIGHT NOW AND THE OTHER PARTY WANTS TO EAT YOUR BABY'S FLESH!!!!!!

There were no swooshing sound effects or doom music during the news before these hucksters came along. Those are the instruments of propagandists. Not kidding, I saw these tactics presaged long ago watching over the air broadcasts from communist Cuba when I was stationed in Gitmo. I can't believe the rubes have allowed themselves to be so easily taken in and let their emotions be manipulated like that.

Last edited:
certain things like gun RIGHTS would only be watered down into Gun PERMISSIONS if the so called moderate view was adopted Buddha . I don't support that moderate kind of thinking .

I can tolerate the 1934 NFA, but the GCA of 68 and GCA of 86 need to be repealed.

I think a lot of the polarization in recent years has been due to the rise of the 24 hour news channel.

In order to keep your eyeballs glued to the screen, and thus bring in ad revenue, every little thing has to be a BOMBSHELL drama. Eek! Scandal! HORROR! SHIT YOUR PANTS THE WORLD IS ENDING!!! BREAKING: YOU'RE BEING ROBBED GOING TO DIE BLEEDING FROM YOUR EYEBALLS AND KIDNEYS THERE'S A TERRORIST UNDER YOUR BED RIGHT NOW AND THE OTHER PARTY WANTS TO EAT YOUR BABY'S FLESH!!!!!!

There were no swooshing sound effects or doom music during the news before these hucksters came along. Those are the instruments of propagandists. Not kidding, I saw these tactics presaged long ago watching over the air broadcasts from communist Cuba when I was stationed in Gitmo. I can't believe the rubes have allowed themselves to be so easily taken in and let their emotions be manipulated like that.

I agree. A few days ago, someone posted a poll that showed people feared terrorists more than anything else. WTH is up with that?

NRA wanted to increase gun sales and the scared little Chicken Littles were ripe for the picking.

My hope is that most gun owners are like me. I have quite a few guns but I own them. Not the other way around.

uh oh , the old evil NRA made them buy guns , fortunately gun owners like buying guns . New woman and black people and new imports to the USA like buying guns Luddley !!

well , even if they worked for the gun manufacturers that wouldn't bother me . And why would it bother me ?? Gun makers are in business to supply guns to me and other Americans plus to make a profit and if NRA were to help them supply guns and make profit , well good Luddley !!

Last edited:
then again , NRA mostly lobbies amongst politicians to try to keep anti gunners off the backs of pro gun people , same as GOA and JPFO and others . I applaud the work that all pro gun orgs that I mention do . Then there is gun safety courses , shooting events and gun and history education . NRA is good people Luddley !!

The right to keep and bare arms is not up to government or gun control freaks, my right to keep and bare arms is unalienable so eat it!

Do you call this an actual reason of coming conflict?
Too many people in my country live off welfare since it pays better than the minimum wage jobs that are too few and far between to even be worth the effort of having them to slowly climb the ladder. This will cause a conflict even sooner.

Forum List

Back