The Controlled Substances Act of 1970

KNB

Nov 4, 2013
The Controlled Substances Act of 1970 is wrong. The law states that Cannabis Sativa is a dangerous narcotic which has no known medical value.
Controlled Substances Act

I use medical Cannabis for seizures, as do many other Americans all over the country.
Cannabinoids: Defending the Epileptic Brain
Georgia state lawmakers OK medical marijuana as seizure treatment | Reuters
Florida Bill Would Allow Medical Marijuana For Child Seizures : Shots - Health News : NPR
Compound in cannabis may help treat epilepsy, researchers say - Los Angeles Times
Marijuana-Derived Epilepsy Drug in Clinical Trial for Children with Uncontrolled Seizures | ucsf.edu

This is US Federal medical marijuana patient and advocate Mr. Irvin Rosenfeld.

bookfrontcover.jpg

Irvin Rosenfeld | How Irvin Rosenfeld convinced the U.S. Government to Provide His Marijuana & Helped Launch a National Movement
Man Sets Marijuana Record, Smokes 115,000 Joints Provided by Federal Government - ABC News

The National Institutes of Health reports that Cannabis Sativa has medicinal value.
Cannabis and Cannabinoids (PDQ®) - National Cancer Institute

Cannabis Sativa, now commonly known as "Marijuana" due to decades of ignorant propaganda, was outlawed for frivolous reasons with passage of the 1937 Marihuana Tax Act. This law was found to be unconstitutional in 1969.
Leary v. United States - 395 U.S. 6 (1969) :: Justia US Supreme Court Center

There was a brief three-year period from 1942 to 1945 when the US Department of Agriculture encouraged Americans to grow the evil "Demon Weed" to make equipment for our soldiers fighting overseas.
https://archive.org/details/Hemp_for_victory_1942_FIXED
Hemp_for_victory_1942.png

Hemp%20for%20Victory%20-%201942%20-%20Special%20tax%20stamp%20-%20producer%20of%20marihuana.jpg

grow-hemp-for-the-war-poster.jpg

The Controlled Substances Act was passed to replace the Marihuana Tax Act, keeping Cannabis Sativa illegal in the United States of America.

The 1972 National Commission on Marihuana and Drug Abuse reported that the effects of marijuana prohibition were more harmful to American society than the use of marijuana. The report states, "We would deemphasize marihuana as a problem."
1972 Shafer Commission - Table of Contents

Since that report was issued, prosecutions for Cannabis possession have remained the number one drug law violation in the United States, even though legal prescription drugs are responsible for the majority of addictions and medical emergencies.
FBI ? Persons Arrested

It took just over 30 years for the Marihuana Tax Act to be repealed. It has now been almost 45 years since the Controlled Substances Act was passed. How much longer will Americans continue to tolerate this terrible law?

Last edited:
Once we have some time to see the crime stat differences between it being illegal, and legal in states like Washington and Colorado, and see how much tax money it generates, I expect a domino-like effect as more states make it legal recreationally.

As states are doing with gay marriage, once someone takes the title 'first to do so' other states follow suit. There's little choice but to do what other states have since the precedent has been set. Especially in a decade seeing mass uprisings replacing unjust governments, I think this is the decade that will finally see many status quos fall by the wayside of history when they're unjust or unfair.

I truly object to the way Colorado has imposed heavy taxes on MJ

Basically they are gouging the public.

The public seems to be just fine with the taxation. Its really no different from how alcohol is taxed, we just don't notice it because those taxes have been around for decades.

I'd assume that was the result of backroom deals and compromises. 'Want it legal ok, but we're gonna insist on it being taxed more tobacco.' - 'Oh ok.' :)

Fortunately, along with retail legalization, they also made growing your own legal which would be a great way around ridiculous taxes.

As I think about this particular issue it's funny. I haven't had any interest in cannabis since college 20+ years ago. I'd smoke it again if Missouri made it legal like, but I'm not about to travel to someplace where it already is. As with other issues my interest is purely academic. I don't care if Missouri ever legalizes it, but if it did yay. I don't drink alcohol but for a strawberry daquiri at Mom's if my sis-in-law offers to make em. But watching my Mom, her, and my brother drinking I often think of the comparison of grass. Would they all be pot-snobs like they are about wines? :)

Fortunately, along with retail legalization, they also made growing your own legal which would be a great way around ridiculous taxes.

As I think about this particular issue it's funny. I haven't had any interest in cannabis since college 20+ years ago. I'd smoke it again if Missouri made it legal like, but I'm not about to travel to someplace where it already is. As with other issues my interest is purely academic. I don't care if Missouri ever legalizes it, but if it did yay. I don't drink alcohol but for a strawberry daquiri at Mom's if my sis-in-law offers to make em. But watching my Mom, her, and my brother drinking I often think of the comparison of grass. Would they all be pot-snobs like they are about wines? :)

There are snobs for just about every form of intoxication. I myself consider myself a "beer connoisseur." The difference between that and a beer snob is that while I do enjoy a good craft beer or microbrew, and my tastes tend toward darker, hoppier beers, If I roll into a party and all the have is a keg of Bud or the Beast, I'm good to go with that.

Just legalize marijuana and all drugs, so it can be decriminalized. We can even put taxes on it.

Just legalize marijuana and all drugs, so it can be decriminalized. We can even put taxes on it.

I would welcome an agreement per State to implement decriminalization in order to reform state systems and budgets to pay for health care with the same resources that would be saved, to avoid the contested federal insurance mandates.

If that could be worked out, I believe it would create a win-win situation.

However, I am NOT okay with pushing the insurance mandates at the same time as legalizing drugs without studying, implementing and promoting natural healing methods known to cure the causes of both physical disease, mental illness, and criminal addiction and abuse.

I would want medical research, proof, and free and equal access to natural spiritual healing methods to reduce the incidence and costs of disease and crime as much as possible,
IF I am expected to pay for public health care for all people. I do not agree to pay for waste of resources on NOT solving the issues of crime, addiction and abuse, as argued by either side of the drug enforcement policies and health care debates.

I do not agree to pay without reducing the costs as much as possible and focusing on cure.
Since spiritual healing is free and natural, that is the most cost effective methods I have found to address the root cause of sickness on all levels, and working WITH science, medicine and mental health professionals AFTER the spiritual causes are addressed first.

So I do not support legalizing drugs without also implementing and promoting systems to make sure all "addictions and abuses" can be diagnosed, treated and cured in cases where this is possible; which I have found require spiritual diagnosis and treatment of the CAUSE.

Until knowledge is publicly established by medical research on the causes, effects, and process of curing addiction and abuse, I do not believe the public is fully informed enough to make comprehensive decisions and reforms on drug policy. If we were fully informed, we'd have a consensus on proven solutions to correct problems and conflicts we see now.

The results of medical research on the process of spiritual healing, and its impact on curing cancer, schizophrenia, and other physical and mental illness including criminal sickness, would save resources through greater prevention and cure. We would save millions if not billions currently spent on pharmaceuticals and medical services to "placate symptoms," and potentially change the focus of our criminal justice and mental health systems to "medical models" of early intervention and cure, instead of wasting resources just medicating or incarcerating people for symptoms and damages "after the fact."

Forum List

Back