The cops are useless

This is what's sad about the world. Very little if anything can be done if nothing bad has taken place yet. A perfect example? Madonna after saying that she wanted the White House blown up.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

From the article ...

“During our contact with her, she was asked a series of questions, including, but not limited to, if she was a danger to herself or others. At no point during our roughly 20-minute interaction with her did she mention anything about YouTube, if she was upset with them, or that she had planned to harm herself or others. Throughout our entire interaction with her, she was calm and cooperative. At the conclusion of our interaction with her, she in no way met any reason for us to speak with her further or possibly detain her.”

Based on that, there seemed to be no reason to detain her. Police can only act if a there is a belief on reasonable grounds that a person is a danger to themselves or others. I'm not seeing anything the police could have legally done to prevent the incident.

Nonsense.

From your linked article:

‘Police added: “At no point did her father or brother mention anything about potential acts of violence or a possibility of Aghdam lashing out as a result of her issues with her videos. They remained calm throughout this second phone call.”’

Law enforcement cannot detain someone absent justification for doing so.

Are conservatives truly this ignorant.

Look, there's more:

[The brother] “I googled ‘Mountain View,’ and it was close to YouTube headquarters. And she had a problem with YouTube,” he told the ABC affiliate. “So I called that cop again and told him there’s a reason she went all the way from San Diego to there, so she might do something. So they didn’t do anything, and she got killed.”

Mountain View police dismissed the suggestion they did nothing and refuted the brother’s description of the call.

“Her father called us back to let us know that she made a series of vegan videos for her channel on YouTube and that the company had recently done something to her videos that had caused her to become upset,” their statement said. “Aghdam’s father stated that she may have been in the area because of this. He did not seem concerned that she was in the area, and wanted to simply let us know that may have been a reason for her move up here.”

Police added: “At no point did her father or brother mention anything about potential acts of violence or a possibility of Aghdam lashing out as a result of her issues with her videos. They remained calm throughout this second phone call.”

I wouldn't be surprised if the family sued.

Nonsense.

From your linked article:

‘Police added: “At no point did her father or brother mention anything about potential acts of violence or a possibility of Aghdam lashing out as a result of her issues with her videos. They remained calm throughout this second phone call.”’

Law enforcement cannot detain someone absent justification for doing so.

Are conservatives truly this ignorant.
Funny that is WHAT YOU want.

What are they going to do? America is not a police state.
Yet, anyway.
They had enough to hold her after the family called back that would have entailed a search and they would have found the firearm.
So she had a firearm. As long as it was legal, nothing they can do.

Want me to call the cops and say you are a danger, take away his guns and they do it?

Root cause of the issue is not addressed by destroying the Constitution.

What are they going to do? America is not a police state.
Yet, anyway.

I don't believe America will ever be a police state. Departments hate to pay overtime.

copshed.png

From the article ...

“During our contact with her, she was asked a series of questions, including, but not limited to, if she was a danger to herself or others. At no point during our roughly 20-minute interaction with her did she mention anything about YouTube, if she was upset with them, or that she had planned to harm herself or others. Throughout our entire interaction with her, she was calm and cooperative. At the conclusion of our interaction with her, she in no way met any reason for us to speak with her further or possibly detain her.”

Based on that, there seemed to be no reason to detain her. Police can only act if a there is a belief on reasonable grounds that a person is a danger to themselves or others. I'm not seeing anything the police could have legally done to prevent the incident.
This would also tend to imply that she was not exactly "crazy" just apparently very, very pissed.

This would also tend to imply that she was not exactly "crazy" just apparently very, very pissed.

People are allowed to walk around crazy ... they're allowed to walk around pissed. Most people are like that most of the time. Police can only get involved if they have reasonable belief they're a danger.

They could have held the woman overnight and would have had to release her

She still would have gone to Youtube

They could have held the woman overnight and would have had to release her

Not even ... people detained on grounds of potentially dangerous mental conditions aren't put in lock up. They're taken to a medical practitioner for evaluation then held or release solely on the advice of that practitioner.

Police are not trained, nor are they authorized, to make clinical judgements concerning mental health.

Her brother gave an interview today where he said that he warned the police several times about the danger presented. He even warned the police that his sister was on her way to You Tube headquarters to kill people.

They did nothing. Same story over and over.

So I have leftwing firearms grabbing snowflakes arguing that the State has no compelling interest in a family reporting a problem with a member that member being armed and at the source of the problem YET you argue that firearms in general should be taken, GO FIGURE. She had a problem the cops were informed and did not do their job.

Forum List

Back