The Death of a Lucky man

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
...the luckiest man I know passed away yesterday...my father.
The man couldn't walk 10 ft in a public place without someone saying hello...or most likely "Hey Red!..." a nickname he carried for over 50 years.
A man who married a beautiful woman who equally loved him and gave him three boys.
A man who retired at 55 years old and who therefore got to spend more time with his grandchildren than any other 5 people put together.
A man who survived having lung and colon cancer and went on to live 14 more good years after that.

A man that somehow just wouldn't accept a bad day. Who always found the silver lining in every cloud.

A lucky man indeed.

Photo taken at a county fair in 1958, one year before my mother and father married.

IMG_0675.JPG

Sorry to hear of your loss.

It has been my observation over the years that those who admire their fathers tend to be admirable, themselves.

I am sorry for your loss. But I am glad you got to see what a life can be, if you embrace the best of it.

Continue Red's work.

The man couldn't walk 10 ft in a public place without someone saying hello...or most likely "Hey Red!..." a nickname he carried for over 50 years.
A man who married a beautiful woman who equally loved him and gave him three boys.
A man who retired at 55 years old and who therefore got to spend more time with his grandchildren than any other 5 people put together.
A man who survived having lung and colon cancer and went on to live 14 more good years after that.

A man that somehow just wouldn't accept a bad day. Who always found the silver lining in every cloud.

A lucky man indeed.

Photo taken at a county fair in 1958, one year before my mother and father married.

View attachment 104982

What a wonderful picture of them....I'm so sorry for your loss :(

Sounds like your Dad was a very good and caring man and sorry you've lost him. It hurts but it does get easier with time, and you'll always have the great memories of him.

May he rest in peace.

I'm so sorry. You were lucky to have him as a Dad, and his memories will be a treasure to you always. It hurts a lot, how you miss him, but all he was and all he taught you will bring you comfort in time.
Big hug.

A lucky man indeed.

View attachment 104982

My parents, especially my mom, were really social like that.

It was a great gift that greatly blessed their lives.

I'm glad your dad had it too.

Forum List

Back