The Disconnect, aka "they all suck, except my rep"

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
Interesting data from the SUSA poll from the great state of Minnesota:

SurveyUSA Election Poll 21535

President Barack Obama's approval ratings are underwater by -14 (38 approve / 52 disapprove) and yet, in the two highest races for 2014, the Democratic incumbents are solidly ahead and even heading into landslide territory.

MN GUB:

Mark Dayton (DFL-inc): 49
Jeff Johnson (R): 40
Hannah Nicollet (IP): 3
other / undecided: 8

Margin: Dayton +9

Mark Dayton approval: +14 (51/37)

MN SEN:

Al Franken (DFL-inc): 51
Mike McFadden: 42
Steve Carlson (IP): 2
other / undecided: 5

Margin: Franken +9

Al Franken approval: +21 (56/35)

Franken barely won this seat in 2008 and it took months to sort out the results. Never underestimate the power of the incumbency, folks.

MN House of Representatives, generic:

Republican: 45
Democrat: 43
other: 5
undecided: 8

Margin: Republican +2

Current composition of the Minnesota House of Representatives:

Minnesota House of Representatives - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

DFL 54.5
R 45.5

Margin: D +9

Back to the poll:

Minnesota's Health Insurance exchange (MNSure):

Approve: 27
Disapprove: 48
not sure: 25

margin: disapprove +21

So, in a state that just re-elected Barack Obama in 2008 by
+7.69%, his approval is now deeply underwater, 48% of Minnesotans disapprove of the Health Care exchange for their state, the GOP has a very slight edge in the generic for the State HOR and yet, both DFL incumbents for GUB and SEN are in safe waters.

That is the disconnect we see very often in electoral politics, not in every state, but in many states.

This is why national generic polling is often somewhat worthless.

It probably has more to do with Scandi's being nuts, look at the idiocy that takes place in Scandinavia.

It probably has more to do with Scandi's being nuts, look at the idiocy that takes place in Scandinavia.

Are you saying that all Minnesotan voters are of Scandanavian descent and somehow therefore nuts?

Really?

And that is supposed to be a debating point?

Wow.

If they're voting for democrats, they MUST be :cuckoo:. Why would anyone want to vote for the party that wants to limit one of our rights?

Are you saying that all Minnesotan voters are of Scandanavian descent and somehow therefore nuts?

Really?

Wow.

Sure, I could spin that into a debating point. There's a large kernel of truth in that. Genes matter. Take it from there.

Really?

Wow.

Sure, I could spin that into a debating point. There's a large kernel of truth in that. Genes matter. Take it from there.

Sure, genes matter to racists.

Really?

Wow.

And not to creationists. Enjoy the association with your fellow travelers - they might even convince you that the Earth is only 6,000 years old and you can turn them onto the liberal belief that Astrology is a science.

Really?

Wow.

And not to creationists. Enjoy the association with your fellow travelers - they might even convince you that the Earth is only 6,000 years old and you can turn them onto the liberal belief that Astrology is a science.

That, of course, made absolutely no sense at all.

I will go back to the original quote:

Since the poll is of Minnesota, which was indeed settled a long, long time ago by a great number of people of scandanavian origin, you decide that they are "nuts" in Minnesota to still be strongly supporting two Democratic incumbents with margins that are almost landslide margins.

So, based on heritage, probably even genes, you decide that they are crazy. That is racist. It is also bigoted.
I am also not surprised, based on the many ugly things you have written about black folks here in USMB. No wonder that the GOP is losing in all corners when it comes to presidential elections - they are destroying any hope of making inroads with anyone non-white, precisely because of comments like yours.

Face it, your postings are quite often very, very racist. Which makes the Right look terrible, especially since very few Righties here in USMB call you out for it.

And now, my patience with you as a racist has run out. You go on ignore and I won't have to look at your vile shit anymore. Good times, Maynard....

And now, my patience with you as a racist has run out. You go on ignore and I won't have to look at your vile shit anymore. Good times, Maynard....

Hey Sally, I just came over there to tell you that at school tomorrow, when I ignore you, that I mean it, I'm just not going to talk to you because you're a big poopie-head. So there. I want you to know that I'm ignoring you.

You creationists always run away when your religion is threatened. Boo-hoo. Now I'm racist against white people? What an elastic definition of racism you have.

Forum List

Back