The discovery of a Philistine cemetery in Israel that was there centuries before Christ

Noone is arguing that, illiterate. The point is that "Palestine" has been used for centuries and "israel" for only part of a century.

From the Jewish Britannica:

The word Palestine derives from Philistia, the name given by Greek writers to the land of the Philistines, who in the 12th century bce occupied a small pocket of land on the southern coast, between modern Tel Aviv–Yafo and Gaza.

Palestine

"Israel" has only been used for part of a century? Are you serious?
Yeah, what you got?

And yet Palestine is called so only as a rub and has no context in history.
No, you missed it...

The word Palestine derives from Philistia, the name given by Greek writers to the land of the Philistines, who in the 12th century bce occupied a small pocket of land on the southern coast, between modern Tel Aviv–Yafo and Gaza.

Palestine
No, moron, Jew hater, you missed it.
You don't know your overview of history.
The name has no historical nation associated with it except as a commercial buffer zone.

No, you missed it...

Palestine
No, moron, Jew hater, you missed it.
You don't know your overview of history.
The name has no historical nation associated with it except as a commercial buffer zone.
Noone is arguing that, illiterate. The point is that "Palestine" has been used for centuries and "israel" for only part of a century.

Palestine

No, you missed it...

Palestine

past tense, gone when the babylonians were done.
Exactly like the biblical land of israel, if she ever existed.

Good point for once. I will be quoting that for shusha when she brings up the "ancestral homeland" crap.

I think the whole "who was here first" argument is stupid, but since Israel's supporters bring up their bizarre narrative on every thread which never includes the people who were there and is based on religious texts written by Jews, I figured some actual science might help.

This was from last year and it seems like hasbara forgot it existed...

clear.gif

Discovery-of-Philistine-cemetery-in-Israel-could-unravel-Biblical-mystery.jpg

An archeologist cleans a Philistine skull uncovered in a groundbreaking discovery of the first Philistine cemetery found in the Philistine port city of Ashkelon, Israel, June 28, 2016.... dated to the 11th - 8th centuries BCE...

Discovery of Philistine cemetery in Israel could unravel Biblical mystery
Philistines are not Palestinians, stupid. They are closer to Greeks. Did you fail in world history?
Weren't they related to the Phoenicians?

No, you missed it...

Palestine

Wait. So if my people adopt the name of an ancient culture of a particular territory, we become that ancient culture and get to claim the land. Oh. Is that how it works? The Jews will take Neolithic, then.

No, you missed it...

Palestine

Wait. So if my people adopt the name of an ancient culture of a particular territory, we become that ancient culture and get to claim the land. Oh. Is that how it works? The Jews will take Neolithic, then.
No, illiterate, as usual, you are trying to pretend that someone said something which they did not.

If you are not illiterate and actually do this anyways, that's worse.

I think the whole "who was here first" argument is stupid, but since Israel's supporters bring up their bizarre narrative on every thread which never includes the people who were there and is based on religious texts written by Jews, I figured some actual science might help.

clear.gif

An archeologist cleans a Philistine skull uncovered in a groundbreaking discovery of the first Philistine cemetery found in the Philistine port city of Ashkelon, Israel, June 28, 2016.... dated to the 11th - 8th centuries BCE...

Philistines are not Palestinians, stupid. They are closer to Greeks. Did you fail in world history?

Phoenicians, Canaanites and Philistines were separate groups

clear.gif

But they were all semitic, right?

Palestine

No the word 'Ples(h)et' has been used, and the word means 'LAND OF INVADERS' in the local languages.
Pleshet was just a tiny coastal area of Canaan.

They're long gone. Nobody speaks their language, nobody bears their names, noone celebrates their holidays...and they haven't left anything of significance to the world. Just bones and bad reputation.

Why does the word 'Philistine' have a bad connotation in English?

No the word 'Ples(h)et' has been used, and the word means 'LAND OF INVADERS' in the local languages.
Pleshet was just a tiny coastal area of Canaan.

They're long gone. Nobody speaks their language, nobody bears their names, noone celebrates their holidays...and they haven't left anything of significance to the world. Just bones and bad reputation.

Why does the word 'Philistine' have a bad connotation in English?

Palestine

clear.gif

Philistines were Aegean

clear.gif

Philistines were Aegean
Again, illiterate, noone is arguing that.

The land has been called 'Eretz Israel' since the Hebrews/Jews appeared. So its 3,000... 3,500 years. I think that's more than enough.

The land has been called 'Eretz Israel' since the Hebrews/Jews appeared. So its 3,000... 3,500 years. I think that's more than enough.
In the jewish bible, which has already been shown to be fiction.

No, you missed it...

Palestine

past tense, gone when the babylonians were done.
Exactly like the biblical land of israel, if she ever existed.

Good point for once. I will be quoting that for shusha when she brings up the "ancestral homeland" crap.
Except the Jews are still here...just ask Mark Twain.
Oh, Loser, you must love to lose.

Forum List

Back