The DOD has intercepted my phone - no, I'm not crazy

BasicHumanUnit

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2013
Everywhere needed
So today I began having a lot of problems with my phone.

When I went to investigate the problem, I found my IP address had changed from the network it had been on for the last 7 years that I've had this same service.

That new IP address that comes back on MY phone under Network status is.....22.242.174.116

Here is the Network information on that IP address

I'm considering getting a lawyer. The ONLY thing I can think of that could warrant anything like this is my posts at THIS forum where I am vocal about Left wing idiocy.

What do you think?

United States, Ohio, Columbus
Latitude & Longitude of City 39.966380, -83.012770 (39°57'59"N 83°0'46"W)
ISP DoD Network Information Center
Local Time 01 Feb, 2018 01:17 PM (UTC -05:00)
Domain nic.mil
Net Speed (COMP) Company/T1
IDD & Area Code (1) 614
ZIP Code 43218
Weather Station Columbus (USOH0212)
Mobile Country Code (MCC) -
Mobile Network Code (MNC) -
Carrier Name -
Elevation 234m
Usage Type (MIL) Military

Last edited:
This is fucked on multiple levels....

I called my mobile phone carrier and right in the middle of asking what's going on the phone conversation was dropped.

We DO NOT live in a free society.

It seems to be a common problem. I googled it and got back all kinds of people complaining about it.
Apparently, Columbus ohio is the internet capitol of the world with like 200M IPs. With most belonging to the military..
IDK man..
Have you downloaded anything lately?

It seems to be a common problem. I googled it and got back all kinds of people complaining about it.
Apparently, Columbus ohio is the internet capitol of the world with like 200M IPs. With most belonging to the military..
IDK man..

Downloaded anything like what?

Ok, if it's a common problem that would make me feel better but why the fuck would my IP address on my personal phone change from the carrier to an IP belonging to the DOD?

You don't know me....but I do. There is absolutely nothing about me at all (except my ranting here at the forum) that would raise so much as an eyebrow.

And no....I'm not into things like Jared.

I googled it and you're right.

I see LOTS of hits on that problem.

Is our Intelligence Community hacking into THAT many people's phones?

Do you believe the government would target (investigate) people SOLELY based on their forum posts being anti-Leftist?

Since I know me and what I have and have not done, it seems to be the case.

Last edited:
Elevation 234m There's your answer General Tso. Elevation 234 meters. Sounds Russian to me. Could be alien though. Or perhaps a librarian all hyped up about her Dewey Decimal System. Or George Costanza's 'Worlds are colliding'.

Why not check with you ISP first.

Elevation 234m There's your answer General Tso. Elevation 234 meters. Sounds Russian to me. Could be alien though. Or perhaps a librarian all hyped up about her Dewey Decimal System. Or George Costanza's 'Worlds are colliding'.

I did. The call gets dropped like I said.
I'm glad you see the corruption in our government as funny.

Orrrr Columbus Ohio lol. I just checked the elevation. It ranges from 345M to 600ft

IDK man..

Downloaded anything like what?

Ok, if it's a common problem that would make me feel better but why the fuck would my IP address on my personal phone change from the carrier to an IP belonging to the DOD?

You don't know me....but I do. There is absolutely nothing about me at all (except my ranting here at the forum) that would raise so much as an eyebrow.

And no....I'm not into things like Jared.
Maybe you downloaded something and so was someone else (who is being watched) and they hit a wrong button. IDK
Its creepy as hell. But seems like it can also be explained.
The dropped phone calls is a little weird.
Call your carrier again

I operate under the assumption that everything I do on the internet is monitered, recorded, and directly linked to my real name, and address. Safer that way...

I googled it and you're right.

I see LOTS of hits on that problem.

Is our Intelligence Community hacking into THAT many people's phones?

Do you believe the government would target (investigate) people SOLELY based on their forum posts being anti-Leftist?

Since I know me and what I have and have not done, it seems to be the case.
I have no doubt our govt would spy on us for saying government.
One of the most corrupt govts on the planet doesnt give many surprises..

That's how I operate. It doesn't matter if I'm alright with it or not.

I hope you aren't silent about it.
Because what they do to me today......they will do to you or someone you care about tomorrow.....
except there'll be noone left to fight for you

Our government is headed down a VERY dark path.....more than ever people need to speak UP....not get silent

Call them again and tell us what they said. There is a national data base where our government collects everything and puts it in your very own Criminal Background Check dossier. Unconstitutionally illegal? Yes. Is the government doing it anyway? Yes.
This is not our parents United States of America. Watch what you say and do. It could cost you your freedom as our government eases into UN control....

That's how I operate. It doesn't matter if I'm alright with it or not.

I hope you aren't silent about it.
Because what they do to me today......they will do to you or someone you care about tomorrow.....
except there'll be noone left to fight for you

Our government is headed down a VERY dark path.....more than ever people need to speak UP....not get silent
They told me I had a bad attitude when I tried to point it out 25 years ago..

Forum List

Back