The Dreadful Designs Of The American Life

Jan 9, 2016
The dreadful designs of the American life

We give before we have and we take before we earn. What has become of the early American life? The living earned by the sweat of our brow has been replaced by the entitled checks to an ungrateful public who think they somehow deserve to have the things people used to work for.

Take this millennial generation as an example. We have given so much to provide for our families that they take it for granted. Gone are the days of working hard for our money. It has been replaced by the generation of I get what I want. You have to give it to me. If you love me. If you want me to succeed.

But the most successful people have been the ones who find a way to get what they need in order to get what they want. Most of the millionaires in our country are Self Made millionaires. They come from lower middle class homes and they had ambition. Ambition. Self reliant ambition. And now....the only way they feel they can succeed is if they are funded.

I used to think it was a matter of laziness. But it is becoming more and more clear to me that the problem with every generation sits on the backs of the one before. We are literally stealing the vision and problem solving skills of our children. And for what? We certainly won't be using them. We're dying. And leaving the rest to fend for themselves without the ability to do so. It's like fighting a Grizzly bear with a plastic butter knife.

The question becomes this. Are we simply seeing an evolution in the design of man? Is this just what the future looks like?

But I can't help to think what would happen if all of our help left us. Like the Millennial generation expecting to be given a head start In life.....what if it just....disappeared? No internet. No TV. No smartphones or tablets or convection ovens. Could we survive.

My Grandparents were farmers. They grew animals and crops. In many ways they fed themselves. They were not self sustaining but were much closer to it than I am. And the generation before them were closer to it than they were. At the end of all of this, if it came down to simple survival and being able to put food in our mouths and shelter over our heads and clothes on our backs....could we do it?

There is a popular saying, the future is promised to no man. I would like to add to that this: neither are the technological advances that we have come to depend on on a daily basis. One major Internet attack. An electro-magnetic pulse. And we are lost.

Don't forget where we came from or how we got there. Because if you can make something out of nothing but what is naturally given, you will never be poor.

I'm not trying to blame anyone. Just observe. I'm just afraid for the next generation if they have to figure things out they we already knew at one time. We're forgetting basic human functions.

I'm not trying to blame anyone. Just observe. I'm just afraid for the next generation if they have to figure things out they we already knew at one time. We're forgetting basic human functions.
Depends how the children were raised...

I totally agree. But we're slowly being raised in a more urban environment. And everything new does everything for us. From the tablet that I'm writing this on to the change machines at fast food restaurants. It's just a matter of time....at some point we'll all have been raised the same.

Forum List

Back