🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The facts and realities on people on welfare and drug use

isnt it nice of this left-wing IDIOT Billy to copy and paste so much evidence showing how much the rich have gotten RICHER and the poor have gotten POORER?

ONLY ONE PROBLEM; it's HAPPENING ON PROGRESSIVE'S WATCH; and they keep pretending they arent in charge; when in fact this is the EIGHT-STRIAGHT YEAR OF PROGRESSIVE MAJORITY RULE in the USA.

libs are losers who lie to themselves

The wealth gap has been widening since the 70s you dumb shit. How exactly is Obama supposed to fix it? You idiots are against any government action to fix it such as raising the minimum wage.

lol poor angry loser; try boning up on your reading comprehension.

the poor are getting poorer FASTER under obama; and the richest are getting RICHER FASTER. i didnt say the overall trend hasnt been going on for a while

you losers are such pathetic crybabies; lying to yourself and then getting your panties in a knot when somebody points out your self-deceptions and lies

isnt it nice of this left-wing IDIOT Billy to copy and paste so much evidence showing how much the rich have gotten RICHER and the poor have gotten POORER?

ONLY ONE PROBLEM; it's HAPPENING ON PROGRESSIVE'S WATCH; and they keep pretending they arent in charge; when in fact this is the EIGHT-STRIAGHT YEAR OF PROGRESSIVE MAJORITY RULE in the USA.

libs are losers who lie to themselves

The wealth gap has been widening since the 70s you dumb shit. How exactly is Obama supposed to fix it? You idiots are against any government action to fix it such as raising the minimum wage.

lol poor angry loser; try boning up on your reading comprehension.

the poor are getting poorer FASTER under obama; and the richest are getting RICHER FASTER. i didnt say the overall trend hasnt been going on for a while

you losers are such pathetic crybabies; lying to yourself and then getting your panties in a knot when somebody points out your self-deceptions and lies

You idiot it has been ACCELERATING since the 70s. How is Obama supposed to fix the problem? You idiots block any gov action to change wages. You don't have a solution because you're an idiot.

Studies show that people on welfare who use drugs is quite low.

Whereas drug use among politicians is probably quite high. And since they are the ones who are actually fucking up the country, they are the ones we should be drug testing.

I would like to see a reporter ask a politician, "Sir, after this debate is over, will you submit to a drug test immediately afterwards?"

And hand him a piss bottle on the spot.

I wonder how Newt would do.

I would like to see a reporter ask a politician, "Sir, after this debate is over, will you submit to a drug test immediately afterwards?"

And hand him a piss bottle on the spot.

I wonder how Newt would do.

I'm willing to bet more republicans are on drugs than democrats are. More than likely they all huff paint.

The drug of choice for politicians is Power and Glory. You get to fly around the world wearing a $3000 Armani suit and attending cocktail parties at the Swedish Ambassador's Chalet.

The rich are getting richer because of the ever increasing complexity of regulation, at every level. AFAIK we are the only country that has four levels of bureaucracy (Federal, State, County and City). It's very difficult to start a new business whereas the "rich" are already established and have lawyers and CPAs to deal with the paperwork.

The "poor" are getting poorer because:

• the government has dishonest ways of evaluating inflation. So, raises that are COLA affected are getting smaller while the real world cost of living is increasing.
• the benefits to top management are increased whenever they increase profits. You increase profits by lowering costs. So, the less you pay for labor, the larger your bonus becomes. So keeping wages stagnant, not replacing workers lost to attrition and outsourcing labor are all factors keeping the poor - poor.
• for reasons I can not fathom, the policies of Obamacare seem to be encouraging the use of part time labor. What genius came up with the 30 hour "part time" designation? Again, the poor get poorer. Was this intentional or is this what happens when you have clerks creating 2700 page laws? We certainly needed an "insurance company of last resort" to alleviate the suffering of pre-existing conditions and other people without access to reasonable medical insurance. Instead, they created the Colossus Of Health Care which basically has burdened the lower middle class with the health care costs of the lower classes, thus causing the lower middle to drop to the lower. Another noble concept run amok.
• under pressure from big business, we never deal with out immigration issues, which drives labor costs lower. This makes more of the rich, richer and poor, poorer.
• automation, and it's partner, outsourcing via technology (I can watch a worker in Bangladesh as easily as I can an American in Gary IN). We knew the robots were coming ever since R. Daneel Olivaw joined the PD. Well, here they are.

Aaargh. Stay on topic Silly Specklebang. Drugs are not the problem. If I had to live on welfare, I'd NEED drugs. I know a bit about low rent housing. That's what I do for a living these days. I keep my places up, I respond to the tenants needs and I keep my rents below market. But I see how they live and there is nothing there to be jealous of unless you're a minimum wage worker yourself. And if I may pat myself on the back, I'm a unique landlord who considers his tenants to be clients and "family". Most landlords aren't quite as nice as I am.

You are basing your opinion on anecdotal accounts which is completely unreliable. You are deliberately ignoring the studies whose results are based on data of actual hot drug testing for welfare recipients. You are being disingenuous about this and you know it

No, I’m not being disingenuous because I was VERY clear about what I was shaping my views on. That was never in question. You might not like that but I really don’t care. I am not ignoring real life experience and numerous firsthand experience with reality to conform to the findings of a poll. A poll that is going to be flawed from the onset due to the reasoning that I have already put forth. Again, anyone that has been in a poor neighborhood is well aware of the substance abuse problems that run rampant through them and if you are going to ignore reality for a poll about illegal activities then there really is nothing for it.

I never really understood the reflux of abandoning reason and experience because a study somewhere might say something different. A study based on flawed premises. I will abandon what I have experienced only when a study goes into impoverished areas and forces 100 percent compliance with drug testing that will catch the various other substance problems and not simply MJ or have people fill out an unverified list of questions. Those ‘studies’ have virtually no connection with reality because they don’t actually study any reality – just questions or just the people that submit.

Are you honestly going to tell me that the average drug abuser is going to willingly submit to a drug test? That is just silly – of course they are not. The OP study pointed out actually verifies this quite well considering that the vast majority of people simply were not tested and of those that wouldn’t answer the question – the VAST majority of those simply did not return an answer. IOW, people were not willing to be honest about their drug abuse.

Reality sometimes challenges our findings and to be quite frank – reality is always correct.

Studies show that people on welfare who use drugs is quite low.

Whereas drug use among politicians is probably quite high. And since they are the ones who are actually fucking up the country, they are the ones we should be drug testing.

Now that is a cheap program I can deal with.

Politicians write the laws – I agree with ANYTHING that makes sure they follow their own damn demands.

If you prosecute everyone for drug abuse, Pfizer stocks will plummet.

Almost one in five teens -- roughly 4.5 million -- has tried getting high with prescription drugs (typically with pain relievers such as Vicodin or OxyContin, or stimulants, such as Ritalin and Adderall). That's according to a recent national study on teen abuse of prescription and over-the-counter drugs by the nonprofit Partnership for a Drug-Free America.

The study also found that teens' abuse of prescription and over-the-counter medicines is equal to or higher than abuse of drugs such as cocaine and crack, Ecstasy, methamphetamine, and heroin.
Rx Drug Abuse: Common and Dangerous

You are basing your opinion on anecdotal accounts which is completely unreliable. You are deliberately ignoring the studies whose results are based on data of actual hot drug testing for welfare recipients. You are being disingenuous about this and you know it

No, I’m not being disingenuous because I was VERY clear about what I was shaping my views on. That was never in question. You might not like that but I really don’t care. I am not ignoring real life experience and numerous firsthand experience with reality to conform to the findings of a poll. A poll that is going to be flawed from the onset due to the reasoning that I have already put forth. Again, anyone that has been in a poor neighborhood is well aware of the substance abuse problems that run rampant through them and if you are going to ignore reality for a poll about illegal activities then there really is nothing for it.

I never really understood the reflux of abandoning reason and experience because a study somewhere might say something different. A study based on flawed premises. I will abandon what I have experienced only when a study goes into impoverished areas and forces 100 percent compliance with drug testing that will catch the various other substance problems and not simply MJ or have people fill out an unverified list of questions. Those ‘studies’ have virtually no connection with reality because they don’t actually study any reality – just questions or just the people that submit.

Are you honestly going to tell me that the average drug abuser is going to willingly submit to a drug test? That is just silly – of course they are not. The OP study pointed out actually verifies this quite well considering that the vast majority of people simply were not tested and of those that wouldn’t answer the question – the VAST majority of those simply did not return an answer. IOW, people were not willing to be honest about their drug abuse.

Reality sometimes challenges our findings and to be quite frank – reality is always correct.

So you just ignore any hard data that says otherwise? I give you statistical evidence that drug use is rare among people on welfare based on actual drug tests and you dismiss them because of your unreliable observations? Hey guess what? Only a few poor people are actually on welfare. What make you so sure very many impoverished people you have observed abusing drugs are on welfare? You don't.

Ether way, people can do drugs without buying them.

These are facts.

If people want to do drugs and fuck there life fine their choice however lets give the taxpayer the choice if they want part of their paycheck going to support them let them choose to have some have part of their pay whatever they decide deducted for this purpose or to opt out of it.

If people want to do drugs and fuck there life fine their choice however lets give the taxpayer the choice if they want part of their paycheck going to support them let them choose to have some have part of their pay whatever they decide deducted for this purpose or to opt out of it.

Cool...............the drug of choice for the oil companies seems to be money.

Does this mean that I can quit paying taxes that subsidize the oil companies that are polluting the water?

I don't support subsidies for businesses that are making record profits, especially when they seem to be really good at screwing up the environment, yet really crappy about cleaning it up.

Not only were there problems in the Gulf (which closed off shipping lanes for a few days) but we've also got problems up here in the TX Panhandle, because Phillips 66 is screwing up and messing with the regulations.

Sorry, but cut off ALL oil subsidies and let the fuckers fend for themselves.

I mean..................isn't that what the Republicans advocate? Fend for yourself and make your own fortune?

Cool...............the drug of choice for the oil companies seems to be money.

Does this mean that I can quit paying taxes that subsidize the oil companies that are polluting the water?

I don't support subsidies for businesses that are making record profits, especially when they seem to be really good at screwing up the environment, yet really crappy about cleaning it up.

Not only were there problems in the Gulf (which closed off shipping lanes for a few days) but we've also got problems up here in the TX Panhandle, because Phillips 66 is screwing up and messing with the regulations.

Sorry, but cut off ALL oil subsidies and let the fuckers fend for themselves.

I mean..................isn't that what the Republicans advocate? Fend for yourself and make your own fortune?

I don't support subsidies for big business either especially those making record profits .

left-wing nutobs are idiots who cant make a point without using a straw man.

the idea of unednding welfare is an issue that stands alone without framing it in the issue of corporate welfare

ask a left-wing nutjob what corporate subsidies Dems even TRIED to end in their 4 years as the Majority of both chambers of Congress; two of those years with the Whtie House as well; and you get phucken crickets

idiots and hypocrites

I'd love to the results of a broad spectrum drug testing of USMB's posters.

I'm guessing few of us would be entirely "drug" free.

I'd love to the results of a broad spectrum drug testing of USMB's posters.

I'm guessing few of us would be entirely "drug" free.

I'm pretty sure the republicans huff paint. It would explain a great deal.

Forum List

Back