The FBI’s Newest Crime Report Has Bad News for Gun Control Advocates

I might be carrying, or I might not be carrying.

The bad guys don't know.

That's the beauty of it.

Who are you afraid of?
Dick Cheney doesn't go hunting anymore.

7589008-6509493-image-a-7_1545237767719.jpg

The FBI's Latest Crime Report Has Bad News for Gun Control Advocates

The Trump presidency has been one of records – record low unemployment, record gains in the stock market, record economic optimism, record regulatory cuts, and now in crime reduction.
The FBI’s crime report for the year 2018 has been released, and it shows that America is becoming safer. It also found that in a year where gun control again became an issue brought to the forefront politically, gun violence declined overall, especially among the most politicized weapons.

According to the report, violent decline declined from 3.3% from 2017 to 369 offenses per 100,000 people, while property crimes fell 6.3% to 2,200 per 100,000. This marked the sixteenth consecutive year that both types of crime fell. An additional 39 agencies reported crime to the FBI from 2017, to 18,586 total. Of note, total losses from property crime totaled $16.4 billion, or only roughly $50 per American, which admittedly was far smaller than I expected.

Most relevant, firearm homicides fell 7% from 10,982 in 2017 to 10,265 in 2018.

When isolated by type of firearm, firearm violence fell the most in 2018 among the types of weapons that were demonized most in the media – rifles. Rifle homicides fell 26% from 403 to 297

ME: I carry almost every day.

tumblr_njh81yXU3U1unps52o1_400.jpg

It's not too much of a surprise. Crime usually falls in great economic times. Plus it took a few years for the Ferguson Effect to wear off.

It's been amazingly silent on the left when it comes to gun control lately. I guess they are so focused on impeaching Trump that gun issues took the back seat. Plus the Dems are up to their old tricks of creating local laws against weapons and magazine size.

But no matter how much we try to pound the issue home, guns don't kill people. People kill people; something Democrats refuse to believe.

Yep...pass them at the local level then get left wing judges in the circuit courts to ignore them and declare them constitutional.....believing the coward roberts won't let the Supreme Court hear them.

You get what you vote for. I'm sure the voters in Virginia are thinking that right now. It's almost like the left wants to get the Supreme Court involved the way they are pushing it. But that costs a lot of money, and takes a lot of time. So even if they get their way for a year or so, they accomplished something in their minds.

It's my hope that Ginsburg is forced into retiring, and Trump puts in a very pro-gun judge in her place among other things. But Roberts has proven himself to be not trustworthy when it comes to making decisions.

If Trump can win re-election, he may replace 3 justices.....ginsburg, breyer, and maybe even Clarence Thomas who may retire if Trump wins......can you imagine the leftard head explosions with a 7-2 real Supreme Court?

If that would happen, it would make the Kavanaugh thing look like a warmup act.

And if it happened, you'd see these local governments stop pushing the envelope with gun control. Now at least they stand a chance. But with three more conservative justices, they have no chance at all.

The Trump presidency has been one of records – record low unemployment, record gains in the stock market, record economic optimism, record regulatory cuts, and now in crime reduction.
The FBI’s crime report for the year 2018 has been released, and it shows that America is becoming safer. It also found that in a year where gun control again became an issue brought to the forefront politically, gun violence declined overall, especially among the most politicized weapons.

According to the report, violent decline declined from 3.3% from 2017 to 369 offenses per 100,000 people, while property crimes fell 6.3% to 2,200 per 100,000. This marked the sixteenth consecutive year that both types of crime fell. An additional 39 agencies reported crime to the FBI from 2017, to 18,586 total. Of note, total losses from property crime totaled $16.4 billion, or only roughly $50 per American, which admittedly was far smaller than I expected.

When isolated by type of firearm, firearm violence fell the most in 2018 among the types of weapons that were demonized most in the media – rifles. Rifle homicides fell 26% from 403 to 297

Who are you so afraid of?

And the thighs n' pistol image originated from Russia almost 5 years ago, Comrade.
sevelina.ru
- First found on May 31, 2015
Filename: 1
Search - TinEye
2d06ff6cafdd4ff413cde84617de9c8f014b8fa47ed06438263169f34c527146

There is a difference between being afraid and being prepared. I'm going out for a holiday party tonight, and I'm packing. In my neighborhood, anything can happen. It's not fear, it's being proactive to crime.

How many times you been held up? Shot?
How many times have you had to point a gun at someone who was threatening you?
You all have been convinced that you NEED to pack a gun, not that there is a real need for it.
When there's no wars to supply, the gun manufacturers still have to push their goods.
And you clowns bought into it.

And the thighs n' pistol image originated from Russia almost 5 years ago, Comrade.
sevelina.ru
Search - TinEye

There is a difference between being afraid and being prepared. I'm going out for a holiday party tonight, and I'm packing. In my neighborhood, anything can happen. It's not fear, it's being proactive to crime.

You all have been convinced that you NEED to pack a gun, not that there is a real need for it.
When there's no wars to supply, the gun manufacturers still have to push their goods.

Do you understand how stupid you seem when you post that childish drivel?

Americans use their legal guns 1.1 million times a year, on average, to stop rapes, robberies and murders. This is according to the Centers for Disease Control.

Those attacks come as a big surprise to the people who are the intended victims.....they do not wake up that morning knowing they are about to be a victim......so you using your childish arguments are just silly.

fbi: gun crime is down americans are safer

liberal totalitarian wannabes: LA LA LA I CANT HEAR YOU

Not true.
Overall crime is down because mayors like Bloomberg and Garcetti cracked down on crime in their respective cities.

But the fact remains that there are more guns than people in this country, and there's been 21 mass shootings so far in December alone:

Mass Shootings in 2019 | Gun Violence Archive

sevelina.ru
Search - TinEye

I've been robbed once although I wasn't home at the time, but I could have been. A woman coming home from kidney dialysis stopped at a store up the street from me and was carjacked a week ago. About a month ago, a laundry mat worker tried to stop an attack on some women about a mile from my home. It cost him his life.

Thanks to Democrats and their social engineering policies, they turned great neighborhoods into crime ridden dark places, where your schools go to hell, your stores close up, and danger is all around. So don't blame me for being prepared. Blame your Democrat politicians for promoting the destruction of otherwise good neighborhoods.

Not true.
Overall crime is down because mayors like Bloomberg and Garcetti cracked down on crime in their respective cities.

But the fact remains that there are more guns than people in this country, and there's been 21 mass shootings so far in December alone:

Moron, the Gun Violence ARchive is lying.....they say Mass Shooting to fool uninformed Americans and to make them believe they are Mass "Public" shootings, when in reality, they are gang members killing each other over gang related activity.

For the entire year in 2018 there were a total of 12 mass public shootings with a total of 93 people killed....

12 people out of 320 million who murdered people in mass public shootings....

For actual perspective?

Bicycle deaths....345 in 2017.

Knives were used to murder over 1,500 people...

Cars over 38,000

And, you moron.........

Over the last 26 years, we went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 18.6 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2018...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

The anti-gun hypothesis and argument.....

More Guns = More Gun crime regardless of any other factors.

Actual Result:

In the U.S....as more Americans own and carry guns over the last 26 years, gun murder down 49%, gun crime down 75%, violent crime down 72%

The result: Exact opposite of theory of anti-gunners....

In Science when you have a theory, when that theory is tested....and the exact opposite result happens...that means your theory is wrong. That is science....not left wing wishful thinking.

Whatever the crime rate does......as more Americans owned more guns the crime rate did not go up....so again...

sevelina.ru
Search - TinEye

Americans use their legal guns 1.1 million times a year, on average, to stop rapes, robberies and murders. This is according to the Centers for Disease Control.

Those attacks come as a big surprise to the people who are the intended victims.....they do not wake up that morning knowing they are about to be a victim......so you using your childish arguments are just silly.

Can't answer the question, then shut the fuck up.
Post a link to that claim or STFU again. I couldn't find anything like that from the CDC.

Not true.

Moron, the Gun Violence ARchive is lying.....they say Mass Shooting to fool uninformed Americans and to make them believe they are Mass "Public" shootings, when in reality, they are gang members killing each other over gang related activity.

For the entire year in 2018 there were a total of 12 mass public shootings with a total of 93 people killed....

For actual perspective?

Cars over 38,000

And, you moron.........

Over the last 26 years, we went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 18.6 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2018...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Actual Result:

In the U.S....as more Americans own and carry guns over the last 26 years, gun murder down 49%, gun crime down 75%, violent crime down 72%

In Science when you have a theory, when that theory is tested....and the exact opposite result happens...that means your theory is wrong. That is science....not left wing wishful thinking.

Whatever the crime rate does......as more Americans owned more guns the crime rate did not go up....so again...

Gun Violence Archive provides a link to each incident. A mass shooting is defined as a shooting involving 4 or more people.
You're just spinning your ass to say they are all gang-related. You didn't even check.

Incident Date State City Or County Address # Killed # Injured Operations
December 22, 2019 Maryland Baltimore 225 Park Ave 0 7
December 22, 2019 Minnesota Minneapolis (Spring Lake Park) 8407 Plaza Blvd NE 1 7
December 22, 2019 Illinois Chicago 5700 block of S May St 0 13
December 21, 2019 Mississippi Waynesboro Turner St 1 6
December 21, 2019 Louisiana Edgard 2555 LA-18 0 4
December 20, 2019 Alabama Tuskegee 2900 block of Davison St 2 2
December 18, 2019 Texas San Antonio 2418 SW Military Dr 0 4
December 17, 2019 Montana Great Falls 1701 10th Ave S 4 1
December 15, 2019 Georgia Columbus 600 block of 32nd St 1 4
December 14, 2019 California Ivanhoe 15700 block of Paradise Ave 0 4
December 12, 2019 Missouri Saint Louis 9900 block of Lewis and Clark Blvd 1 3
December 10, 2019 New Jersey Jersey City 223 Martin Luther King Dr 6 3
December 8, 2019 Texas Desoto 200 block of W Wintergreen Rd 2 3
December 8, 2019 Louisiana New Orleans 3801 Washington Ave 1 4
December 6, 2019 Florida Pensacola 280 Taylor Rd 4 8
December 4, 2019 Alabama Montgomery 500 Eastdale Rd S 2 2
December 1, 2019 Louisiana Cotton Valley 116 Hawthorne Loop 2 3
December 1, 2019 Louisiana New Orleans 2000 block of N Dorgenois St 2 2
December 1, 2019 Illinois Aurora 700 block of S 5th St 1 4
December 1, 2019 Michigan Kalamazoo 6300 block of Proctor St 1 3
December 1, 2019 Louisiana New Orleans 700 block of Canal St 0 12

And your Pew article is 7 years old. Gun purchases went through the roof after and during Obama's admin because you stupid white people thought he was going to take your guns away. Booo-hoooo

sevelina.ru
Search - TinEye

I've been robbed once although I wasn't home at the time, but I could have been. A woman coming home from kidney dialysis stopped at a store up the street from me and was carjacked a week ago. About a month ago, a laundry mat worker tried to stop an attack on some women about a mile from my home. It cost him his life.

Thanks to Democrats and their social engineering policies, they turned great neighborhoods into crime ridden dark places, where your schools go to hell, your stores close up, and danger is all around. So don't blame me for being prepared. Blame your Democrat politicians for promoting the destruction of otherwise good neighborhoods.

You were burglarized then. Robbery is when someone holds you hostage and takes your stuff.
I've been burglarized, too. And someone called the cops when they saw the guy snooping around my house.
They caught the guy in my house and arrested him.
But didn't scare me enough to start carrying a gun.

And you can't claim Dems have ruined everything while Trump tells you it's better now than ever under his admin.

Just sayin, I don't think the drop is that much as to make claims it is due to gun control.

It's merely stating the obvious, which is guns are not the problem-the people are the problem. It doesn't matter how many guns we have or don't have. A murderer will be a murderer. All you can do to stop it is prevention such as being armed yourself.

The lefts contention is that our problem with violence IS due to guns. It's absolutely false. Last year, London had a higher homicide rate than NYC even though they have no guns there. The assailants used knives instead. It got so bad they are issuing knife control.

sevelina.ru
Search - TinEye

You were burglarized then. Robbery is when someone holds you hostage and takes your stuff.
I've been burglarized, too. And someone called the cops when they saw the guy snooping around my house.
They caught the guy in my house and arrested him.
But didn't scare me enough to start carrying a gun.

And you can't claim Dems have ruined everything while Trump tells you it's better now than ever under his admin.

Economically, it is better than we ever had. Statistics don't lie. What I blame the Democrats for is tying to insert their lowlifes into good neighborhoods and ruining them like they did mine, all in the name of racial justice.

If you take 1/4 cup of sour curdled milk, and mix that with 3/4 cup of fresh wholesome milk, all you created is a cup of bad milk. The good milk won't change the old curdled milk. It's just a shame our government hasn't learned that lesson yet.

“This marked the sixteenth consecutive year that both types of crime fell. “

All we need to know

sevelina.ru
Search - TinEye

Can't answer the question, then shut the fuck up.
Post a link to that claim or STFU again. I couldn't find anything like that from the CDC.

You can't find it because after they did the research they hid it.........

What Do CDC's Surveys Say About the Frequency of Defensive Gun Uses? by Gary Kleck :: SSRN

Abstract
In 1996, 1997, and 1998, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) conducted large-scale surveys asking about defensive gun use (DGU) in four to seven states. Analysis of the raw data allows the estimation of the prevalence of DGU for those areas. Data pertaining to the same sets of states from the 1993 National Self-Defense Survey (Kleck and Gertz 1995) allow these results to be extrapolated to the U.S. as a whole. CDC’s survey data confirm previous high estimates of DGU prevalence, disconfirm estimates derived from the National Crime Victimization Survey, and indicate that defensive uses of guns by crime victims are far more common than offensive uses by criminals. CDC has never reported these results.

=========

Reason article on the revised paper..

A Second Look at a Controversial Study About Defensive Gun Use

-------

Original version before he went back to revise it...

The actual paper by Kleck revealing the CDC hiding data..

SSRN Electronic Library

The timing of CDC’s addition of a DGU question to the BRFSS is of some interest. Prior to 1996, the BRFSS had never included a question about DGU. Kleck and Gertz (1995) conducted their survey in February through April 1993, presented their estimate that there were over 2 million DGUs in 1992 at the annual meetings of the American Society of Criminology in November 1994, and published it in the Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology in the Fall of 1995. CDC added a DGU question to the BRFSS the very first year they could do so after that 1995 publication, in the 1996 edition. CDC was not the only federal agency during the Clinton administration to field a survey addressing the prevalence of DGU at that particular time. The National Institute of Justice (NIJ) financed a national survey devoting even more detailed attention to estimating DGU prevalence, which was fielded in November and December 1994, just months after preliminary results of the 1993 Kleck/Gertz survey became known. Neither CDC nor NIJ had ever financed research into DGU before 1996. Perhaps there was just “something in the air” that motivated the two agencies to suddenly decide in 1994 to address the topic. Another interpretation, however, is that fielding of the surveys was triggered by the Kleck/Gertz findings that DGU was common, and that these agencies hoped to obtain lower DGU prevalence estimates than those obtained by Kleck/Gertz. Low estimates would have implied fewer beneficial uses of firearms, results that would have been far more congenial to the strongly pro-control positions of the Clinton administration.

CDC, in Surveys It Never Bothered Making Public, Provides More Evidence That Plenty of Americans Innocently Defend Themselves with Guns

Kleck's new paper—"What Do CDC's Surveys Say About the Frequency of Defensive Gun Uses?"—finds that the agency had asked about DGUs in its Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System in 1996, 1997, and 1998.

Those polls, Kleck writes,

are high-quality telephone surveys of enormous probability samples of U.S. adults, asking about a wide range of health-related topics. Those that addressed DGU asked more people about this topic than any other surveys conducted before or since. For example, the 1996 survey asked the DGU question of 5,484 people. The next-largest number questioned about DGU was 4,977 by Kleck and Gertz (1995), and sample sizes were much smaller in all the rest of surveys on the topic (Kleck 2001).

Kleck was impressed with how well the survey worded its question: "During the last 12 months, have you confronted another person with a firearm, even if you did not fire it, to protect yourself, your property, or someone else?" Respondents were told to leave out incidents from occupations, like policing, where using firearms is part of the job. Kleck is impressed with how the question excludes animals but includes DGUs outside the home as well as within it.

Kleck is less impressed with the fact that the question was only asked of people who admitted to owning guns in their home earlier in the survey, and that they asked no follow-up questions regarding the specific nature of the DGU incident.

From Kleck's own surveys, he found that only 79 percent of those who reported a DGU "had also reported a gun in their household at the time of the interview," so he thinks whatever numbers the CDC found need to be revised upward to account for that. (Kleck speculates that CDC showed a sudden interest in the question of DGUs starting in 1996 because Kleck's own famous/notorious survey had been published in 1995.)

At any rate, Kleck downloaded the datasets for those three years and found that the "weighted percent who reported a DGU...was 1.3% in 1996, 0.9% in 1997, 1.0% in 1998, and 1.07% in all three surveys combined."

Kleck figures if you do the adjustment upward he thinks necessary for those who had DGU incidents without personally owning a gun in the home at the time of the survey, and then the adjustment downward he thinks necessary because CDC didn't do detailed follow-ups to confirm the nature of the incident, you get 1.24 percent, a close match to his own 1.326 percent figure.

He concludes that the small difference between his estimate and the CDC's "can be attributed to declining rates of violent crime, which accounts for most DGUs. With fewer occasions for self-defense in the form of violent victimizations, one would expect fewer DGUs."

Kleck further details how much these CDC surveys confirmed his own controversial work:

The final adjusted prevalence of 1.24% therefore implies that in an average year during 1996–1998, 2.46 million U.S. adults used a gun for self-defense.

This estimate, based on an enormous sample of 12,870 cases (unweighted) in a nationally representative sample, strongly confirms the 2.5 million past-12-months estimate obtained Kleck and Gertz (1995)....CDC's results, then, imply that guns were used defensively by victims about 3.6 times as often as they were used offensively by criminals.

“This marked the sixteenth consecutive year that both types of crime fell. “

All we need to know

Actually it really didn't. Thank the Ferguson Effect on that. But it has been going down since Trump took office.

violent-crime.gif

Not true.

For actual perspective?

Cars over 38,000

And, you moron.........

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Actual Result:

Gun Violence Archive provides a link to each incident. A mass shooting is defined as a shooting involving 4 or more people.
You're just spinning your ass to say they are all gang-related. You didn't even check.

Incident Date State City Or County Address # Killed # Injured Operations
December 22, 2019 Maryland Baltimore 225 Park Ave 0 7
December 22, 2019 Minnesota Minneapolis (Spring Lake Park) 8407 Plaza Blvd NE 1 7
December 22, 2019 Illinois Chicago 5700 block of S May St 0 13
December 21, 2019 Mississippi Waynesboro Turner St 1 6
December 21, 2019 Louisiana Edgard 2555 LA-18 0 4
December 20, 2019 Alabama Tuskegee 2900 block of Davison St 2 2
December 18, 2019 Texas San Antonio 2418 SW Military Dr 0 4
December 17, 2019 Montana Great Falls 1701 10th Ave S 4 1
December 15, 2019 Georgia Columbus 600 block of 32nd St 1 4
December 14, 2019 California Ivanhoe 15700 block of Paradise Ave 0 4
December 12, 2019 Missouri Saint Louis 9900 block of Lewis and Clark Blvd 1 3
December 10, 2019 New Jersey Jersey City 223 Martin Luther King Dr 6 3
December 8, 2019 Texas Desoto 200 block of W Wintergreen Rd 2 3
December 8, 2019 Louisiana New Orleans 3801 Washington Ave 1 4
December 6, 2019 Florida Pensacola 280 Taylor Rd 4 8
December 4, 2019 Alabama Montgomery 500 Eastdale Rd S 2 2
December 1, 2019 Louisiana Cotton Valley 116 Hawthorne Loop 2 3
December 1, 2019 Louisiana New Orleans 2000 block of N Dorgenois St 2 2
December 1, 2019 Illinois Aurora 700 block of S 5th St 1 4
December 1, 2019 Michigan Kalamazoo 6300 block of Proctor St 1 3
December 1, 2019 Louisiana New Orleans 700 block of Canal St 0 12

And your Pew article is 7 years old. Gun purchases went through the roof after and during Obama's admin because you stupid white people thought he was going to take your guns away. Booo-hoooo

I have dealt with people like you citing the Gun Violence Archive before....and they fail to understand they list gang shootings as Mass Public shootings...they have to in order to lie to the uninformed reader.........to get that number up.

No, moron.....a mass public shooting is 3 or more killed because obama changed the number needed to reach the mass public shooting level.....the ones you list are not "Mass Public Shootings," because they feature an underlying criminal activity or relationship..........that disqualifies them as Mass public shootings.....which is how the Gun Violence Archive lies...

Gang members shooting at each other is not a Mass Public Shooting....if you want a real list here...use this...you moron...

US Mass Shootings, 1982-2015: Data From Mother Jones' Investigation

Total number of mass public shootings according to the FBI definition.....

2018... 12

2017: 11 ( 5 according to the old standard)

2015....4 ( obama's new standard....7)

2014....2 (4)

2002 not listed so more than likely 0

1985... not listed so probably 0

1983...not listed so probably 0

Rental Truck in Nice, France, 86 murdered in 5 minutes...

Total number murdered in mass public shootings by year...

Lawn mower deaths every year.... more than 75
(
https://munews.missouri.edu/news-releases/2007/0419-lawn-mowers.php)

2014..... 9
2013..... 36
2012..... 72
2011..... 19
2002...not listed by mother jones
1985...(none listed)
1983 (none listed)

http://ww

sevelina.ru
Search - TinEye

Do you have a fire extinguisher in your kitchen?

Why? There's a fire department.

Forum List

Back