The Fed is a criminal organization that steals from the American people

kaz

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2010
Adding money to the money supply does not add value. Say the value of a pencil is $1. And the fed adds 10% to the money supply. The price of a pencil just goes up to $1.10. No value was created.

No one but the left should hate the Fed more. When the government adds taxes, every time, they disproportionately tax the rich. The Fed printing money is a regressive tax because the "rich" have investments which compensate for the reduction in the buying power of a dollar.

The "poor" take the full hit because they spend what they earn, and every new dollar created by the Fed hits them in proportion to spending, which is higher for them.

If leftists actually believe what you say, and you grasped what the Fed does, you'd be the first to demand it's abolished. The reality though is you don't give a shit about the poor, you care about government power. Which is why you are the Fed's biggest advocate.

Once again you support what you say you oppose and fuck the people you claim to defend

We certainly don't want to stop American currency from going to China or India.
By the way, I can still charge $1.00 for a pencil if that extra currency doesn't get to the region where my business is located.

Adding money to the money supply does not add value. Say the value of a pencil is $1. And the fed adds 10% to the money supply. The price of a pencil just goes up to $1.10. No value was created.

No one but the left should hate the Fed more. When the government adds taxes, every time, they disproportionately tax the rich. The Fed printing money is a regressive tax because the "rich" have investments which compensate for the reduction in the buying power of a dollar.

The "poor" take the full hit because they spend what they earn, and every new dollar created by the Fed hits them in proportion to spending, which is higher for them.

If leftists actually believe what you say, and you grasped what the Fed does, you'd be the first to demand it's abolished. The reality though is you don't give a shit about the poor, you care about government power. Which is why you are the Fed's biggest advocate.

Once again you support what you say you oppose and fuck the people you claim to defend

Say the value of a pencil is $1. And the fed adds 10% to the money supply. The price of a pencil just goes up to $1.10.

That assumes the demand for money remains constant.
During and after the financial crisis, demand for money spiked.

If no one ever printed money we would run out of currency in 50 years or so. It leaves the country or it gets torn up or forgotten or accidentally thrown away etc.

I'd address the Fed more generally but you don't seem to understand basic economics so I won't bother.

If no one ever printed money we would run out of currency in 50 years or so. It leaves the country or it gets torn up or forgotten or accidentally thrown away etc.

I'd address the Fed more generally but you don't seem to understand basic economics so I won't bother.

Don't waste bandwidth providing further proof that you're a major league idiot. We're already convinced.

By the way, I can still charge $1.00 for a pencil if that extra currency doesn't get to the region where my business is located.

OK. And?

why? do you live in a cave?

Say the value of a pencil is $1. And the fed adds 10% to the money supply. The price of a pencil just goes up to $1.10.

I don't know what that means

OK. And?
Your OP was filled with presumptions that are divorced from reality.

Really? Adding 10% to the monetary supply while adding zero in economic value means that the currency will be devalued by 10% means I'm divorced from reality? Seems you are, Slick

You can't look at money supply and ignore money demand.

If the Fed adds 10% to the money supply but demand for money rises 11%, prices would drop about 1%.

You can't look at money supply and ignore money demand.

If the Fed adds 10% to the money supply but demand for money rises 11%, prices would drop about 1%.

why would demand for money go up if no economic value is created?

OK. And?

Such as?

There's not enough ink in my monitor's pixels to explain all the flaws in such a simple minded OP.
Banks get cash from Fed and don't circulate it.
Banks lend out money SELECTIVELY.
Just 2 faults with the OP.

"The Fed is a criminal organization that steals from the American people"

Nonsense.

It would seem it’s time once again for naïve, sophomoric, reactionary libertarians to trot out their tedious ‘the Fed’ canard.

OK. And?

Such as?

There's not enough ink in my monitor's pixels to explain all the flaws in such a simple minded OP.
Banks get cash from Fed and don't circulate it.
Banks lend out money SELECTIVELY.
Just 2 faults with the OP.

No they aren't.

Forum List

Back