The first couple portrayed as apes

Oh and make a note of this ... if Hillary becomes president, 'racist' will be replaced with 'sexist'.

Mark it down.

We can bet on that one...it was their plan with Obama (so they could beat down any criticism of him) and that's why they are now pushing the shrillary to run...

open your eye's people get your head out of the sand

Last edited:
I suppose each individual must make choices according to whatever values or standards they hold.

Meanwhile some very serious things are going on in the world --if another day like '911' comes anywhere on this earth--that might provide some perspective.

Realistically--I don't see much hope that 'respect for others' will ever be an achievable goal.

I understand the oppositions need to denigrate the President in any way possible. They will attack him in all walks of life including his family. Images and vile talking points are a price of freedom. I do remember some monkey comparison with President Bush as well but I don't recall Laura Bush being attacked in such a way, but the internet is big and so full of shit.........

Belgium did it. When did they become "the opposition"?

I know I am on ignore so you won't see this, but I plan to respond anyway and don't give a damn if you peek or not.

That pic is disgusting. I dislike Michelle, semi like Barrack and wish he was not president cuz he would be better at something else, but to display them as apes is crude.

Then again...Bush was depicted as a chimpanzee so.....

Why does she have you on ignore?

Guess I said something she doesn't like.
*Shrug*

Have no problem with the picture. But then again I read the article. Perhaps the rest of you should.

I know I am on ignore so you won't see this, but I plan to respond anyway and don't give a damn if you peek or not.

That pic is disgusting. I dislike Michelle, semi like Barrack and wish he was not president cuz he would be better at something else, but to display them as apes is crude.

Then again...Bush was depicted as a chimpanzee so.....

Why does she have you on ignore?

Guess I said something she doesn't like.
*Shrug*

People use the ignore button when they've runt out of good arguments.

Satire? I don't think that word means what they think it means.

Belgian Newspaper Accused Of Racism For Picture Of Obama And Michelle As Apes

De Morgen apologized for the image in its Monday edition, admitting it was guilty of "bad taste."

"When you consider the fragment apart from its context, which is a properly worked out satirical section, then you don't see the joke but just a picture evoking sheer racism," the newspaper said. "We wrongly assumed that racism is no longer accepted, and that in this way it could be the subject of a joke."

Unigwe, who lives in Belgium, went on to tweet in depth about the controversial spread, noting that the fault lies with Belgian society moreso than De Morgen:

I really can't find the possible humor angle. I guess I need to evolve more, or something.

Isn't it the height of hypocrisy for Belgium to make a law against any sexist words against a woman ( 1 yr in jail ) and within 48 hours of announcing that law turn around in their news to splash this photograph about the First Lady of the USA?

Do these people ever think or did worshiping Satan kill their last brain cell? Belgium! Leave it to Belgium to make a law and then break it themselves within 48 hours. The stupidity simply cannot be over-emphasized for this one!

Last edited:
And King Obama is getting ready to grace Belgium with himself

damn what a greeting

We saved their asses in a couple of world wars and now that we have a weak administration the Belgians feel free to ridicule the president of the United States. No big deal, the radical American left did worse to Reagan and Bush.

As long as it doesn't include a picture of the Statue of Liberty's foot we should get through this crisis...

We saved their asses in a couple of world wars and now that we have a weak administration the Belgians feel free to ridicule the president of the United States. No big deal, the radical American left did worse to Reagan and Bush.

The Belgians should be proud now that Kerry is Secretary of State.

Ok, anyone get that one?

Yup, the photo is racist (as is the one of Bush chimp), and the nature of such informs people do not let their children associate with the children of those who publish and or relish such photos. One simply does not associate with such folks; Mother would not let us play with the children of known or suspected Klan members.

The photo, however, is political and thus protected by free speech rules, as it should be. The principle helps separate the wheat from the tares.

The photo of Bush is in poor taste. The photo of Obama is racist

No, YOU are a racist, that's why you separate them out as if one is different from the other. You see the black man as a monkey, so it offends the years of trying to control such racist thoughts by putting it out there like this for you. You only think it's poor taste for Bush because you see him as a white man who is superior, so it's just in poor taste.

Stop projecting your racism onto others.

I disagree with RW: I think the chimp photo is in bad taste and has racist overtones. You, on the other hand, are a birfer, constitutionally challenged, and engage in racial demagoguery, TASB. You are the type of person with whom people refuse to associate.

No, YOU are a racist, that's why you separate them out as if one is different from the other. You see the black man as a monkey, so it offends the years of trying to control such racist thoughts by putting it out there like this for you. You only think it's poor taste for Bush because you see him as a white man who is superior, so it's just in poor taste.

I disagree with RW: I think the chimp photo is in bad taste and has racist overtones. You, on the other hand, are a birfer, constitutionally challenged, and engage in racial demagoguery, TASB. You are the type of person with whom people refuse to associate.

stop being a troll and grow up
you and wrongwhiner two peas in a pod

Yup. And those are the type of people I place on ignore. If they EVER say anything worth the reading, Somebody is bound to repeat it.

Well, someone is busting a gut at how high y'all are jumping in her thread, that's fer sure.

Yup. And those are the type of people I place on ignore. If they EVER say anything worth the reading, Somebody is bound to repeat it.

:lol:
But..but...as long as I agreed with her, I was NOT on iggy. I used to say something worth while at one time. Not so much any more I guess. :D

:lol:
But..but...as long as I agreed with her, I was NOT on iggy. I used to say something worth while at one time. Not so much any more I guess. :D

:D TASB is one of the reactionaries way to the far right who so shame America with their words and actions.

Forum List

Back