*The Fix Is IN*

chesswarsnow

"SASQUATCH IS WATCHING"
Dec 9, 2007
Fort Worth, Texas
Sorry bout that,

1. Well today when I looked down at my gas gage I noticed it was low, so as it were I looked out the window to find a gas station, crap! I thought because the price jumped 15 cents at the first gas station, then the next as well, then all the gas stations I saw yep, cost was 3.15 a gallon, fuck you I thought you fucking bastard!:mad:
2. All the gas stations raise the price of gas the same hour???
3. That's fucking *price fixing* and that's fucking illegal!
4. Thanks fucking Obama!!!!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

1. I guess everyone likes being gouged at the pumps.
2. Or just a bunch of dumb fucks!
3. Which is it?
4. Anyway keep getting bled by big oil and those fucking arabs!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

1. Well today when I looked down at my gas gage I noticed it was low, so as it were I looked out the window to find a gas station, crap! I thought because the price jumped 15 cents at the first gas station, then the next as well, then all the gas stations I saw yep, cost was 3.15 a gallon, fuck you I thought you fucking bastard!:mad:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Shell and Exxon are tracking you with GPS. They raise the price automaticly when you get within a block of a station.

The rest of us are paying $2.50...

ch.gaschart

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
Not an Obama fan by any stretch.
POTUS does not control local gas prices.
That said..
Here's the basics on how this works.
It goes to the first link in the local chain. The Gasoline distributors.
There may be many retailers in a given area but most are buying from just a few distributors. Why is this? Easy. The distributors often either own the gas stations in an area or they own the pumps and the tanks in the ground. This means that station owners may buy gas from one source. So lets say there are 6 gas stations in a two block section of a road. 4 of them get gas from one distributor, the other two from another.
Distributor A calls his stations and informs the owner what the price will be for his next delivery. If there is an increase, the retailer changes the price immediately to that new price. This allows the retailer to begin recouping the additional cost of the next delivery. If the distributor price is lower, the retailer will leave his price as is or may even RAISE his price a penny or two to maximize profit.
Here's where it gets weird. Gasoline retailers despise being undercut by the retailer across the street. So, they make agreements among themselves to not undercut each other.
So if one retailer calls another and says "Hey, we just got a 3 cent increase"...The other retailer says "ok, I will raise mine as well."
They do the same thing on the way downward in price.
They match. This keeps everyone in business.
I find it amazing you had prices rise when around here the prices have been dropping at least a penny or two per week since the Labor Day weekend.

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
Not an Obama fan by any stretch.
POTUS does not control local gas prices.
That said..
Here's the basics on how this works.
It goes to the first link in the local chain. The Gasoline distributors.
There may be many retailers in a given area but most are buying from just a few distributors. Why is this? Easy. The distributors often either own the gas stations in an area or they own the pumps and the tanks in the ground. This means that station owners may buy gas from one source. So lets say there are 6 gas stations in a two block section of a road. 4 of them get gas from one distributor, the other two from another.
Distributor A calls his stations and informs the owner what the price will be for his next delivery. If there is an increase, the retailer changes the price immediately to that new price. This allows the retailer to begin recouping the additional cost of the next delivery. If the distributor price is lower, the retailer will leave his price as is or may even RAISE his price a penny or two to maximize profit.
Here's where it gets weird. Gasoline retailers despise being undercut by the retailer across the street. So, they make agreements among themselves to not undercut each other.
So if one retailer calls another and says "Hey, we just got a 3 cent increase"...The other retailer says "ok, I will raise mine as well."
They do the same thing on the way downward in price.
They match. This keeps everyone in business.
I find it amazing you had prices rise when around here the prices have been dropping at least a penny or two per week since the Labor Day weekend.

1. All across Fort Worth yesterday the price went up.....
2. Anyway you look at it, its price fixing.
3. I think they are our to get our money,....those fucking gas station owners, and those fucking oil refineries.
4. Mother fuckers!!!!
5. At 2.00 a gallon they should be happy!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
Gas ought to be a $1.50 a gallon, and we shouldn't have to import a drop. We've got more oil in the north western states and Canada than the middle east ever could have dreamed of having.

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Shell and Exxon are tracking you with GPS. They raise the price automaticly when you get within a block of a station.

The rest of us are paying $2.50...

I'm a Liberal

I show my Liberal Card and get gas for $1.19 a gallon

Only Conservatives pay full price for gas

Forum List

Back