🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Form and Essence of the Debates

One of the main purposes of the "debates" (which are not truly debates) is for the candidates to explain their policies and the reasoning behind them.

Would it not truly be beneficial to make at least a portion of the questions known in advance? Give them a chance to prepare answers - even use a teleprompter - so that the viewers can get a clear picture of what the candidates stand for.

That portion of the "debate" could also include a short time for rebuttal by the other candidate.

Another part of the proceedings could be spontaneous, with questions chosen and presented by the Moderator.

One of the real problems with this sort of event, as we have seen many times in the past, is that the candidates prepare answers and present those prepared answers regardless of what the questions were, and many in the audience don't pick up on it.

What is the purpose of the debates?

The purpose is to give the facade that there is a difference in the parties when there isn't. That isn't to say that there is no difference in the candidates...Trump is much worse than anyone the Democrats put out this time around. But when the R's and D's agree on anything--like the commission on presidential debates--the overarching paradigm is to do the following; keep the duopoly alive.

Two reasons that you couldn't pay me enough to watch any of these presidential debates (I may watch my girl Kamala kick Pence's ass);

• I made my mind up long ago on voting for anyone who would be about to oust the blob.
  • The debates are meaningless exercises where, as you said, the answers given rarely match the questions asked.

When the League of Women Voters ran the debates, there was some actual give and take. Now we get pseudo-debates to where the candidates essentially debate themselves.
I agree that both parties are the same and that's why I'm thankful to Trump for running against both parties.
Thanks for admitting you never watched any of Trump's speeches or interviews when he was campaigning in 2016.
It must be pathetic to be you.
It IS pathetic to be you.
I'm much more informed than you are or ever will be.
One wouldn't know from the pathos you are constantly posting.
You come off like the ignorant fool you are.
Too much CNN, I presume.

You probably believe the "thugs on a plane" bullshit, the "inspecting the bunker" bullshit, "my taxes are under audit" bullshit. You eat bullshit like it's your only food source. Because all you consume is the shit that comes out of the blob's mouth. Inject some disinfectant into your bloodstream and fade off to sleep shit brains. You're using oxygen that could be utilized by someone with something to contribute.
I have stated this before but you're too emotional to get it.
All politicians suck.
I voted for Trump's platform and he's doing what he campaigned on.
So you can eat shit, you self-hating American POS.

Again, you're incredibly mis-informed.

There is like 5 miles of new wall.
There is like $5T more debt
There is no replacement for the ACA

He campaigned on building the wall, debt relief and replacing the ACA.

Fuck off.
Aside from the 80+ other items that he did accomplish...

Universal Health Care was not needed until GW destroyed our employment base by opening our borders, but you're too fucking stupid and emotional to not the US to save the whole fucking world by having them move here.

Debt...legislation determines debt, otherwise every county in the US would have zero employees.
Notice how GW's crash forced Obama to print 10T in bills and out taxes didn't go up a penny, but that would take a brain which you seem not to possess.

300 miles of wall and ICE has cleaned up Nassau County.
Perhaps you live in a Blue area where Trespassers have caused massive Black American unemployment which you don't give a shit about.

LOL...

Lift your legs when you move the goalposts fuck face.
I see I hit a sore spot...basically your entire Liberal "brain".

A sore spot? I debate in the manner in which I'm debated.

You say he's fulfilled his promises...an informed person would know differently. Take his dick out of your mouth for a second and ask the blob why he's a failure.
You think he promised 3 things...

Those were the cornerstones of his campaign dumbfuck. And he failed to deliver on any of them.
You want the very things Trump voters want to stop.
Trump has almost destroyed the H1-B and has been the driving force behind record low Black unemployment.
All you want is welfare.

And the driving force that created people like Pillsbury Rittenhouse.
Kill or be killed.
BLM has to start talking as opposed to using battering rams.

One of the main purposes of the "debates" (which are not truly debates) is for the candidates to explain their policies and the reasoning behind them.

Would it not truly be beneficial to make at least a portion of the questions known in advance? Give them a chance to prepare answers - even use a teleprompter - so that the viewers can get a clear picture of what the candidates stand for...
Teleprompter? Are you serious? Must be a Biden supporter.

No. The point of the debate is to see how the candidate responds to the pressure, their ability to quickly adjust to the unexpected. Do you think Bush was notified in advance of the 9/11 attacks so that he could pre-load into a teleprompter all the life and death decisions suddenly dropped into his lap?

MAKE IT SO: Trump jumps on offer to have Joe Rogan moderate four-hour debate with Joe Biden.

Forum List

Back