🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The GOP Genius Behind Cruz's Convention Speech

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
1st of all, let me say I do not blame Ted Cruz for not endorsing Trump. I agree with him that if you come after my wife and my family we aren't going to be 'buds', and I am probably not going to give you a 'glowing recommendation'.

Did anyone REALLY think Trump did not know this? Does anyone think Trump / the convention planners thought for a second that, given a spot to speak at the convention, Cruz would suddenly come around and give Trump massive support, that 'glowing' recommendation, that Endorsement?

HAIL NO! They knew he would give a great impassioned speech but would not fail to disappoint in also giving a 'sour grapes' speech, lacking his endorsement, that would unite the GOP. Cruz was the catalyst and became the GOP punching bag, uniting the party.

Cruz is an extremely smart man, but he just got played...and helped unite the party in the process.

-----

Irony: Ted Cruz manages to deliver the unity the GOP convention was looking for - Hot Air

Just saw the other thread on this...please 'MERGE'.

Cruz has the 2nd most followers and he won't back Trump . How's that a good thing ?

I don't think so Easy..I saw on the news that he is taking care of his own ass if Trump looses his face will be all over it,thinking he will pick up the pieces.

I think it's more likely that Trump just saw it as a chance to again one-up Cruz after he already beat him. Give Trump another chance to puff his chest and remind Cruz that he lost. Trump is that kinda dude.

1st of all, let me say I do not blame Ted Cruz for not endorsing Trump. I agree with him that if you come after my wife and my family we aren't going to be 'buds', and I am probably not going to give you a 'glowing recommendation'.

Did anyone REALLY think Trump did not know this? Does anyone think Trump / the convention planners thought for a second that, given a spot to speak at the convention, Cruz would suddenly come around and give Trump massive support, that 'glowing' recommendation, that Endorsement?

HAIL NO! They knew he would give a great impassioned speech but would not fail to disappoint in also giving a 'sour grapes' speech, lacking his endorsement, that would unite the GOP. Cruz was the catalyst and became the GOP punching bag, uniting the party.

Cruz is an extremely smart man, but he just got played...and helped unite the party in the process.

-----

Irony: Ted Cruz manages to deliver the unity the GOP convention was looking for - Hot Air
Some commentator called it the longest suicide note he's ever seen.

I cannot fathom what Mr. Cruz is saying when he says "vote your conscience." Isn't that exactly what the Republican voters did in the primaries when they overwhelmingly rejected him?

I cannot fathom what Mr. Cruz is saying when he says "vote your conscience." Isn't that exactly what the Republican voters did in the primaries when they overwhelmingly rejected him?
He might be referring to emotion versus conscience, as if saying it is out of anger for the Establishment they did so rather than due to their conscience.

In the immortal words of Hillary Clinton ."At this point, what difference does it make?"

Cruz said the pledge was exempted when it became personal. I think he's wrong there. Politics is not a polite business. You have to take the hits, even personal ones. It isn't easy but that can be said of many things in life.

Did the Cruz speech unify the party? I don't know about that. Party loyalists will vote Trump. There are still some Never Trumpers out there and Cruz may become their leader. Or better still- this faction will keep conservatism alive for the future.

Is Cruz's career over? That remains to be seen.

Forum List

Back