National Enquirer made up the story about Ted Cruz's father and Lee Harvey Oswald, former publisher says

Magnus

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2020
David Pecker, the former publisher of the National Enquirer, testified at Donald Trump's trial Tuesday that the tabloid completely manufactured a negative story in 2016 about the father of Sen. Ted Cruz, of Texas, who was then Trump's rival for the GOP presidential nomination.

The paper had published a photo allegedly showing Cruz's father, Rafael Cruz, with Lee Harvey Oswald handing out pro-Fidel Castro pamphlets in New Orleans in 1963, not long before Oswald assassinated President John F. Kennedy.

Trump repeatedly referred to the story on the campaign trail and in interviews.

“I mean, what was he doing — what was he doing with Lee Harvey Oswald shortly before the death? Before the shooting?” Trump said in an interview with Fox News in May 2016. “It’s horrible.”

Manhattan prosecutor Joshua Steinglass asked Pecker about the story's origins during the trial Tuesday in Manhattan. Pecker said that then-National Enquirer editor-in-chief Dylan Howard and the tabloid's research department got involved, and Pecker indicated that they faked the photo that was the foundation for the story.

“We mashed the photos and the different picture with Lee Harvey Oswald. And mashed the two together. And that’s how that story was prepared — created I would say," Pecker said on the witness stand.

Steinglass also entered into evidence National Enquirer headlines published during the 2016 race about Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., who was also running for president. They suggested that he had a love child and had a connection to cocaine.

Asked why the tabloid ran stories about the senators and candidate Ben Carson, Pecker said, "After the Republican debates, and based on the success that some of the other candidates had, I would receive a call from Michael Cohen, and he would direct me and direct Dylan Howard which candidate and which direction we should go.”

Tabloid Publisher Testifies Trump Asked Him to ‘Help the Campaign’​

“Mr. Pecker said that the pivotal moment was an August 2015 meeting at Trump Tower in Midtown Manhattan.”

An outcome of that Trump Tower meeting were negative headlines attacking Mr. Trump’s rivals and positive stories that promoted him. Prosecutors said that negative coverage included stories about Ben Carson, Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio while they were seeking the Republican Party’s nomination.

More Pecker leaks! Was there anything that Trump would not do to win? No wonder he threw a fit when he lost. Talk about having the media in your pocket.

Last edited:

Meaning of conspiracy in English​

conspiracy​

noun [ C or U ]

US​

the activity of secretly planning with other people to do something bad or illegal:

The three men are accused of conspiracy.​

[ + to infinitive ] She has been charged with conspiracy to murder.​

I think there was a conspiracy to keep me off the committee.​

conspiracy of silence

a general agreement to keep silent about a subject for the purpose of keeping it secret:

The conspiracy of silence around these buried munitions endangered public health.​

conspiracy

busted.

David Pecker, the former publisher of the National Enquirer, testified at Donald Trump's trial Tuesday that the tabloid completely manufactured a negative story in 2016 about the father of Sen. Ted Cruz, of Texas, who was then Trump's rival for the GOP presidential nomination.

The paper had published a photo allegedly showing Cruz's father, Rafael Cruz, with Lee Harvey Oswald handing out pro-Fidel Castro pamphlets in New Orleans in 1963, not long before Oswald assassinated President John F. Kennedy.

“I mean, what was he doing — what was he doing with Lee Harvey Oswald shortly before the death? Before the shooting?” Trump said in an interview with Fox News in May 2016. “It’s horrible.”

Manhattan prosecutor Joshua Steinglass asked Pecker about the story's origins during the trial Tuesday in Manhattan. Pecker said that then-National Enquirer editor-in-chief Dylan Howard and the tabloid's research department got involved, and Pecker indicated that they faked the photo that was the foundation for the story.

“We mashed the photos and the different picture with Lee Harvey Oswald. And mashed the two together. And that’s how that story was prepared — created I would say," Pecker said on the witness stand.

Steinglass also entered into evidence National Enquirer headlines published during the 2016 race about Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., who was also running for president. They suggested that he had a love child and had a connection to cocaine.

Asked why the tabloid ran stories about the senators and candidate Ben Carson, Pecker said, "After the Republican debates, and based on the success that some of the other candidates had, I would receive a call from Michael Cohen, and he would direct me and direct Dylan Howard which candidate and which direction we should go.”

“Mr. Pecker said that the pivotal moment was an August 2015 meeting at Trump Tower in Midtown Manhattan.”

An outcome of that Trump Tower meeting were negative headlines attacking Mr. Trump’s rivals and positive stories that promoted him. Prosecutors said that negative coverage included stories about Ben Carson, Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio while they were seeking the Republican Party’s nomination.

More Pecker leaks! Was there anything that Trump would not do to win? No wonder he threw a fit when he lost. Talk about having the media in your pocket.

Publishing a fake story is illegal?

Was in the Warren Commission, not new.

Se retira Ted Cruz, el único republicano que hacía sombra a Trump ...

And did it to hep Trump get elected

That’s major campaign violations shit there

People forget trump started with this rigged election BS when Ted Cruz won Iowa. I dont think people realize exactly how fucked trump is with all these trials.
The amazing part is that there were a few on this site who proclaimed their love of Ted Cruz and yet not one has come out in anger against the orange loser for pushing false stories about Cruz and his father.

So now Trump is responsible for quoting an article that lied?

Is this like all the people who claimed the Hunter Biden laptop was made by Putin in the basement of the Kremlin.

You remember that lie, right? :laughing0301:

But 70 former intelligence experts said it was a Russian Fake.

INTELLIGENCE EXPERTS MEANS “TRAINED LIAR”.

You simple shits are too much sometimes.

Forum List

Back