The GREATEST war crime

If anything less than an unconditional surrender was not going to suffice, then we sure as hell did need it. And, the objective had been made crystal clear. Unconditional surrender WAS required. They started it. We ended it. And we ended it in a way that almost certainly saved over a million or two million lives.

Your historical revisionism is of mild interest -- mostly in a clinical way. But it's also loopey.

What revisionism? We didn't drop those bombs and kill civilians?

boo hoo fucking hoo.

I happen to think that life is precious, regardless of whether two government's have an issue with one another.

Who's saying leave Tojo in power? I'm saying there was no need to obliterate innocent civilians.

Fuck them. Their government was warned. It's their government's fault they were cooked. I would have kept dropping bombs on them until the government either surrendered or there was no one left.

Their government was reaching out for peace, and it wasn't their government that dropped those bombs.

No they weren't. they were not going to surrender. we have been over this a million goddamned times. We were supposed to believe they were reaching out for peace after they sucker punched us? Fuck them.
I guess we should have invaded them and lost another 150,000 men because you dont want civilians killed. with you in charge, the Japs would have had the whole fucking pacific to themselves.

boo hoo fucking hoo.

I happen to think that life is precious, regardless of whether two government's have an issue with one another.

Tell that to the soldiers still trapped underneath the Arizona. oh wait, they weren't civilians. their lives don't count.
I guess you don't think life is precious enough to save the 150,000 soldiers that dropping the bombs did.

More drivel from folks who would rather we lost an additional 150,000 troops and have the northern part of Japan controlled by the communists. Stalin was supposed to get control of Hokkaido, you know?

I'd rather have Stalin in control then have my country be responsible for all those deaths.

any idea how many Stalin murdered? I guess you'd rather have millions more murdered by Stalin than kill a few hundred thousand.

Fuck them. Their government was warned. It's their government's fault they were cooked. I would have kept dropping bombs on them until the government either surrendered or there was no one left.

Their government was reaching out for peace, and it wasn't their government that dropped those bombs.

No they weren't. they were not going to surrender. we have been over this a million goddamned times. We were supposed to believe they were reaching out for peace after they sucker punched us? Fuck them.
I guess we should have invaded them and lost another 150,000 men because you dont want civilians killed. with you in charge, the Japs would have had the whole fucking pacific to themselves.

Dwight Eisenhower, supreme commander of the Allied forces, believed differently.

boo hoo fucking hoo.

Tell that to the soldiers still trapped underneath the Arizona. oh wait, they weren't civilians. their lives don't count.
I guess you don't think life is precious enough to save the 150,000 soldiers that dropping the bombs did.

I don't think an invasion would have been necessary. As I've already said, the Japanese were interested in peace.

Dwight Eisenhower, supreme commander of the Allied forces, believed differently.

He wasn't in the Pacific, now, was he?

I don't think an invasion would have been necessary. As I've already said, the Japanese were interested in peace.

so is osama bin laden.

More drivel from folks who would rather we lost an additional 150,000 troops and have the northern part of Japan controlled by the communists. Stalin was supposed to get control of Hokkaido, you know?

I'd rather have Stalin in control then have my country be responsible for all those deaths.

any idea how many Stalin murdered? I guess you'd rather have millions more murdered by Stalin than kill a few hundred thousand.

Stalin murdered many. Can you say with 100% certainty that he would have killed millions of Japanese people? Can you say with certainty that he would have killed any Japanese people? No. It's impossible to know what might have happened.

He wasn't in the Pacific, now, was he?

I'm sure he had a better understanding of the situation than either of us.

so is osama bin laden.

I'm not sure where you're getting that.

boo hoo fucking hoo.

You need to wake up. Your Utopian belief is for dreamers. Man has settled his differences through physical violence from Day One that one envied the other.

When you're in a war, you fight to win or stay home. We didn't start WWII. We didn't sneak attack Japan. Japan tugged on Superman's cape and got the shit knocked out of them.

Then too, you might also consider the fanaticism of the Japanese which was a direct factor in the decision to drop the bombs on them. They fought to the death on Guam, Saipan, Iwo Jima and Okinawa. There was no reason to assume they would suddenly change their ways if we invaded mainland Japan.

As a military leader, it is your responsibility to take away the enemy's means and will to fight with as little loss to your own forces as possible. The decision was made and from the standpoint of a nation, not just a handful of bleeding hearts, the decision was correct. It accomplished the military and political war of forcing an enemy nation to surrender and cease hostilities.

I'd LOVE to hear you explain your "all life is precious" theory at a Hamas meeting. Bottom line is, you can believe what you want idealistically, just don't let it get in the way of reality or you'll be dead.

boo hoo fucking hoo.

You need to wake up. Your Utopian belief is for dreamers. Man has settled his differences through physical violence from Day One that one envied the other.

When you're in a war, you fight to win or stay home. We didn't start WWII. We didn't sneak attack Japan. Japan tugged on Superman's cape and got the shit knocked out of them.

Then too, you might also consider the fanaticism of the Japanese which was a direct factor in the decision to drop the bombs on them. They fought to the death on Guam, Saipan, Iwo Jima and Okinawa. There was no reason to assume they would suddenly change their ways if we invaded mainland Japan.

As a military leader, it is your responsibility to take away the enemy's means and will to fight with as little loss to your own forces as possible. The decision was made and from the standpoint of a nation, not just a handful of bleeding hearts, the decision was correct. It accomplished the military and political war of forcing an enemy nation to surrender and cease hostilities.

I'd LOVE to hear you explain your "all life is precious" theory at a Hamas meeting. Bottom line is, you can believe what you want idealistically, just don't let it get in the way of reality or you'll be dead.

I would assume that Hamas would laugh in my face, if they even gave me the chance to speak considering I'm an American.

I would assume that Hamas would laugh in my face, if they even gave me the chance to speak considering I'm an American.

What does your nationality have to do with the ideal that all life is precious? Are you saying your belief is founded on a societal belief and not some belief intrinsic to all mankind?

What does your nationality have to do with the ideal that all life is precious? Are you saying your belief is founded on a societal belief and not some belief intrinsic to all mankind?

My point was that Hamas would be unlikely to let an American, whose nation is so strongly allied with Israel, address them in such a way, and they certainly wouldn't listen to me if they did.

On 6th August 1945 a B29 bomber dropped an atomic bomb on Hiroshima It has been estimated that over the years around 200,000 people have died as a result of this bomb being dropped. This was always a controversial decision. General Dwight Eisenhower told President Harry S. Truman that he was opposed to the dropping of the atom bomb on Japan.

IKE said: " I voiced to him my grave misgivings, first on the basis of my belief that Japan was already defeated and that dropping the bomb was completely unnecessary, and secondly because I thought that our country should avoid shocking world opinion by the use of a weapon whose employment was, I thought, no longer mandatory as a measure to save American lives. It was my belief that Japan was, at that very moment, seeking some way to surrender with a minimum loss of face".

Winston Churchill also agreed that it was not necessary to drop the atom bomb on Japan. He later asserted: "It would be a mistake to suppose that the fate of Japan was settled by the atomic bomb. Her defeat was certain before the bomb fell."

Mainly historians have argued that the US used the atom bomb as a warning against the Soviet Union. It was not an attempt to end the war but to determine what happened after the war.

The dropping of the bomb was a terrible war crime, equal to the extermination of the Jews.

horse shit, if we had not dropped the bomb and an invasion of japan had been deemed necessary many many more Americans would have been killed ending that war and seeing as how my father turned 18 in 1945 and was drafted at the wars ending i am damn glad we dropped the bomb on the nation that attacked us at pearl harbor and brought us into that war seeing as if we hadnt my father and many others fathers may have been killed in that invasion. THANK GOD OR WHATEVER FOR THE ATOM BOMB.

The classified documents released in the last five to seven years indicate the strategic planners for the invasion of the home islands were increasing the liklihood that the Japs were actually going to have a good chance to beat the Americans and allies on the invasion beaches.

If I were Truman and if I were given estimates like that, I would have told my State Department to make final backdoor approaches while telling my commanders, "If the backdoor remains shut, make sure that two of the front doors radiate for a 1,000 years."

Last edited:
On 6th August 1945 a B29 bomber dropped an atomic bomb on Hiroshima It has been estimated that over the years around 200,000 people have died as a result of this bomb being dropped. This was always a controversial decision. General Dwight Eisenhower told President Harry S. Truman that he was opposed to the dropping of the atom bomb on Japan.

IKE said: " I voiced to him my grave misgivings, first on the basis of my belief that Japan was already defeated and that dropping the bomb was completely unnecessary, and secondly because I thought that our country should avoid shocking world opinion by the use of a weapon whose employment was, I thought, no longer mandatory as a measure to save American lives. It was my belief that Japan was, at that very moment, seeking some way to surrender with a minimum loss of face".

Winston Churchill also agreed that it was not necessary to drop the atom bomb on Japan. He later asserted: "It would be a mistake to suppose that the fate of Japan was settled by the atomic bomb. Her defeat was certain before the bomb fell."

Mainly historians have argued that the US used the atom bomb as a warning against the Soviet Union. It was not an attempt to end the war but to determine what happened after the war.

The dropping of the bomb was a terrible war crime, equal to the extermination of the Jews.

horse shit, if we had not dropped the bomb and an invasion of japan had been deemed necessary many many more Americans would have been killed ending that war and seeing as how my father turned 18 in 1945 and was drafted at the wars ending i am damn glad we dropped the bomb on the nation that attacked us at pearl harbor and brought us into that war seeing as if we hadnt my father and many others fathers may have been killed in that invasion. THANK GOD OR WHATEVER FOR THE ATOM BOMB.

Yukon wishes Germany and Japan would have won so the Jews would have been exterminated.

There is nothing "certain" about it.

In fact, you are quite wrong.

It was NOT a crime at all.

Horrible? Yes. Criminal? Nope.

When you target civilians you are guilty of a war crime.

True.

War, all wars are a crime.

Some of them are just more criminal that others, that's all.

Wrong. Words still have meaning. And as long as words have meaning, war and crime are NOT necessarily synonomous. They CAN be. But they aren't always.

Forum List

Back