The Heat

It's been unseasonably cool here the last couple of days...which is welcoming because the humidity is insane.
I think I'd rather have the dry heat than the sticky, sweaty, humid heat any day. :neutral:

we've been in the 90's, but that is very hot for june for us. but the amount of rain we are having is what amazes me. all spring no less. the weather has gone from 90 one day to 60 the next. in early june we even had nights dip into the 40's. then a day later, high 80's. I haven't looked at the thermometer lately but when i was in my car yesterday it said ext temp 98. it sure felt like it

Here in Oaklandtown, it got up to 92 yesterday (at least in my backyard). It's a tad cooler today, but still warm. I can see a slip of fog over Marin, but not the usual fog monster that would roll across the bay after a few warm days.

I'm enjoying the momentary ability to see the sky from my house, the lack of fog today is rather nice.

I live out in the avenues, it can't be warmer than 65 degrees today.

I'm in Rockridge. We usually have some morning fog - clear afternoons - and then fog in the evening...with the occassional totally clear days.

76 here right now - but we need some fog to scrub the air.

Rockridge? somebody go back and get a shit load of dimes. sorry, i just had a blazing
saddles flashback

I'm enjoying the momentary ability to see the sky from my house, the lack of fog today is rather nice.

I live out in the avenues, it can't be warmer than 65 degrees today.

I'm in Rockridge. We usually have some morning fog - clear afternoons - and then fog in the evening...with the occassional totally clear days.

76 here right now - but we need some fog to scrub the air.

Rockridge? somebody go back and get a shit load of dimes. sorry, i just had a blazing
saddles flashback

Last edited by a moderator:
Advantage: San Francisco

It was unseasonably warm last week - it might have even broken 80 degrees!

We've lucky. In my backyard it was 104.9 in the shade yesterday at 4:00 PM. 30 miles west, in the SF sunset district (where I grew up) it was 68 degrees. Anytime we feel 'the heat' we can jump in the van and enjoy the natural air conditioning in The City.

I just heard that they're cancelling flights because of the heat.

I've never heard of that before.

one time flying back from San Diego we had a connection in Phoenix I think. We were delayed because the runway was melting and planes over a certain weight were being grounded.

Advantage: San Francisco

It was unseasonably warm last week - it might have even broken 80 degrees!

We've lucky. In my backyard it was 104.9 in the shade yesterday at 4:00 PM. 30 miles west, in the SF sunset district (where I grew up) it was 68 degrees. Anytime we feel 'the heat' we can jump in the van and enjoy the natural air conditioning in The City.

Yeah, I live in the Sunset, I don't think it's gotten much hotter than 80 degrees in the last 3 years that I've lived here.

well, here at least, the heat has 'broke', its only 80 by my backyard thermometer right now, a darn site better than the over 90 it was yesterday, and, it feels cooler thank god...I'll take it.

Forum List

Back