The Homosexual Dilemma

When my grandmother was born people either walked or rode horses to travel. Before she died man had landed on the moon.

A lot can change in one generation.

If it is true that marriage can be defined and redefined by society or opinion (and it is true), then it can continually be redefined again and again.

Therefore, what you believe marriage is or isn't today, can be changed again in a decade.

Marriage is a social construct. It is whatever we say it is.

Man, you're really hung up on this bathroom thing aren't you? Try getting to know a transgendered kid...TALK to them. A transgendered kid wants to use the bathroom of the gender they feel they ARE. Nobody is harmed in allowing them. In fact, there is more harm in preventing them.

Gays want equal treatment under the law. You're bringing up unrelated strawmen does not change that fact. I want my civil marriage treated exactly like your civil marriage is. That's not a difficult concept to grasp. You have to come up with a societal harm in allowing me equal treatment under the law. You can't...which is why anti gay marriage laws keep getting struck down.

Hung up? I have a daughter. And I have 3 sons I'm teaching to protect their sister for her entire life. Let's not lightly put aside the fact that California's law allows any boy who suddenly feels like a girl to use the girl's restroom. He doesn't even have to act or dress like a girl.

And it's surprising that I have to explain this to a woman, but apparently you're not like most women. Ladies' restrooms are sanctuaries, a place where women can get away and find respite among other women. Put a man in a woman's restroom and many women will feel uncomfortable...and rightly so. Common sense says that men should use the men's restroom and women the women's restroom regardless of what gender you feel that day. And speaking of "no harm being done" what harm is there in insisting that a boy use the boys' restroom? NONE!

All of which underscores my argument that what you people are pushing for is NOT equality, but the domination of your sick, evil, depraved ideologies.

And like I said in the OP, on behalf of America, F*** you.
Damn drunk Indian, and just as fucking dumb. Go play the half-breeds Father McTouchYou

You are refreshing House. A leftist that actually says what he is thinking. So, you treat blacks and Hispanics like that to, you "enlightened progressive"?
Americans are a dumb as dog shit, stupid ******* and wetbacks included. And if you were around enough you'd know that Chief Sellout calls his kids half-breeds, and isn't concerned that not long ago the only good damn drunk Indian was a dead one.

What he says about his family has no influence on what you said. Many blacks call other blacks *******, does that now mean I have the right to do it as well?
Yep, you have the right there Whitey, but I'd be careful around who I displayed said right. Some of those ******* will kill your sorry white ass.

I did not say better, I said at no disadvantage. There is no difference in outcomes between the children raised by intact gay families and intact straight families.

Uh huh....

article-2305125-1923CA7B000005DC-950_306x423.jpg
article-2305125-1923CA6B000005DC-977_306x423.jpg

'They took turns raping me': New claims of child sex abuse revealed as gay couple accused of molesting two of their 9 adopted children withdraw guilty plea and decide to go to trial

Read more: Gay couple accused of molesting two of their 9 adopted children withdraw guilty plea and decide to go on trial to fight allegations Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Yes, there are bad gays....shall we point out the heteros who rape their children and beat them to death? And shall we hold those examples up as all heteros being the same?

When my grandmother was born people either walked or rode horses to travel. Before she died man had landed on the moon.

That wasn't one generation dumbass:

generation

noun
the entire body of individuals born and living at about the same time:
the postwar generation.
the term of years, roughly 30 among human beings, accepted as the average period between the birth of parents and the birth of their offspring.

Virginia tried to argue there was no racial discrimination but there was. The court determined:

"There is patently no legitimate overriding purpose independent of invidious racial discrimination which justifies this classification. The fact that Virginia prohibits only interracial marriages involving white persons demonstrates that the racial classifications must stand on their own justification, as measures designed to maintain White Supremacy."

Loving v. Virginia - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

You're in good company. A lot of Leftists miss that one.

Interesting. Doesn't however change the fact that insisting that marriage and it's legal benefits be limited only to mixed-gender couples violates the Constitutional premise of equal treatment under the law, which is what has struck down a multitude of state bans.

The other thing...the "hearts and minds" aspect...that is exactly what has been going on as well. This wasn't pushed to the SC right off the bat - it has been going through state after state. Polls show, overwelmingly - that support for same sex marriage has been growing with over 50% in favor. To me, though - that's irrelevant because basic rights should never ever be determined by popular opinion.

Equal treatment under the law didn't enshrine the right for everyone to marry whoever they want, which not only has no legal precedent in the United States, but in human history as well. If the right to marry an unrelated person of the opposite sex is applied equally, it cannot violate the 14th Amendment. And those laws are applied equally even in states that offer no protection for sexual orientation...such as mine.

And just so you know, the interracial marriage issue is one that's close to home for me. I married a white woman and enraged members of my family that want to keep Native American bloodlines pure which is almost a religion in my tribe. It's amazing how nobody ever accuses those Indians of racism even though it's deep set in my culture. Double standard perhaps?

You still don't have the right to marry "whoever you want" in the United States. What you cannot do in 35 states plus the District of Columbia is discriminate based on gender. In over 60% of the country you and I both have the right to marry the non familial consenting adult of your choice regardless of gender.

What is amazing to me is that someone in an interracial marriage would even consider denying to gay couples based on gender what was denied them based on race.

What is amazing to me is that anyone can rationalize that gender and race are the same thing when it comes to the subject of marriage.

Marriage is for reproduction, and please, don't start with the "barren" couples argument. Been there, done that.

Mark

But I will, because it's pertinent.

Marriage today is for many things and reproduction is not the only thing and insisting on that would deprive many of marriage.

Depriving marriage doesn't bother me. We do it everyday.

Mark

I did not say better, I said at no disadvantage. There is no difference in outcomes between the children raised by intact gay families and intact straight families.

Uh huh....

'They took turns raping me': New claims of child sex abuse revealed as gay couple accused of molesting two of their 9 adopted children withdraw guilty plea and decide to go to trial

Read more: Gay couple accused of molesting two of their 9 adopted children withdraw guilty plea and decide to go on trial to fight allegations Daily Mail Online

You can always find examples of pedo abuse among both hetero and homo.

And yet in the short time that gay couples have been adopting, several of these horror stories have popped up. Statistics are already coming out indicating that a child is far more likely to be abused by a gay couple than their heterosexual counterparts. Since homo marriage and adoption are relatively new, the swift manner in which these horror stories are popping up doesn't set a promising trend.
Several? You've given us ONE. I can find hundreds per county of the U.S. of heteros hurting, raping, killing their own children. Why do you think the hetero parents are always the first suspects?

"Family Research Council"

Really?

If it is true that marriage can be defined and redefined by society or opinion (and it is true), then it can continually be redefined again and again.

Therefore, what you believe marriage is or isn't today, can be changed again in a decade.

Yes! And what we say it is today may not be what we say it is tomorrow, using the very same arguments you are using now. Because marriage is what we say it is.

That wasn't one generation dumbass:

generation

noun
the entire body of individuals born and living at about the same time:
the postwar generation.
the term of years, roughly 30 among human beings, accepted as the average period between the birth of parents and the birth of their offspring.
Cool, fart smeller. Now look up heterosexual and learn about them.

Disagree all you want. What I said is a fact. There is no discrimination in modern state marriage laws.

No. What you said there is your opinion. Same as me.

Welcome to America, Bub.

That's where you are wrong. In realistic terms, there can not be discrimination when all people are treated the same.

If marriage is allowed only between one man and one woman, then EVERYONE lives under the same law. That is not an opinion. It is logic.

And you can disagree if you want, but logic says you are wrong.

Mark

Are you aware that your argument was used before?

As Reconstruction collapsed in the late 1870s, legislators, policymakers, and, above all, judges began to marshal the arguments they needed to justify the reinstatement--and subsequent expansion--of miscegenation law.

Here are four of the arguments they used:

1) First, judges claimed that marriage belonged under the control of the states rather than the federal government.

2) Second, they began to define and label all interracial relationships (even longstanding, deeply committed ones) as illicit sex rather than marriage.

3) Third, they insisted that interracial marriage was contrary to God's will, and

4) Fourth, they declared, over and over again, that interracial marriage was somehow "unnatural."

On this fourth point--the supposed "unnaturality" of interracial marriage--judges formed a virtual chorus. Here, for example, is the declaration that the Supreme Court of Virginia used to invalidate a marriage between a black man and a white woman in 1878:

The purity of public morals," the court declared, "the moral and physical development of both races….require that they should be kept distinct and separate… that connections and alliances so unnatural that God and nature seem to forbid them, should be prohibited by positive law, and be subject to no evasion.

The fifth, and final, argument judges would use to justify miscegenation law was undoubtedly the most important; it used these claims that interracial marriage was unnatural and immoral to find a way around the Fourteenth Amendment's guarantee of "equal protection under the laws." How did judges do this? They insisted that because miscegenation laws punished both the black and white partners to an interracial marriage, they affected blacks and whites "equally." This argument, which is usually called the equal application claim, was hammered out in state supreme courts in the late 1870s, endorsed by the United States Supreme Court in 1882, and would be repeated by judges for the next 85 years.

- See more at: History News Network Why the Ugly Rhetoric Against Gay Marriage Is Familiar to this Historian of Miscegenation

Race is not gender, it has no context in this debate, IMO.

Mark

Uh huh....

And yet in the short time that gay couples have been adopting, several of these horror stories have popped up. Statistics are already coming out indicating that a child is far more likely to be abused by a gay couple than their heterosexual counterparts. Since homo marriage and adoption are relatively new, the swift manner in which these horror stories are popping up doesn't set a promising trend.
Several? You've given us ONE. I can find hundreds per county of the U.S. of heteros hurting, raping, killing their own children. Why do you think the hetero parents are always the first suspects?

No, actually I posted 3 and that's just scratching the surface. Try again.

Uh huh....

not surprising since almost all homosexuals were abused as children themselves.

And where did you get that false piece of information?

Really?

Yes! And what we say it is today may not be what we say it is tomorrow, using the very same arguments you are using now. Because marriage is what we say it is.
Gee, do you suddenly think we're going to redefine marriage in the future as that of one man and one woman, of the same race and religion and age, who must be able to conceive children?

Interesting. Doesn't however change the fact that insisting that marriage and it's legal benefits be limited only to mixed-gender couples violates the Constitutional premise of equal treatment under the law, which is what has struck down a multitude of state bans.

The other thing...the "hearts and minds" aspect...that is exactly what has been going on as well. This wasn't pushed to the SC right off the bat - it has been going through state after state. Polls show, overwelmingly - that support for same sex marriage has been growing with over 50% in favor. To me, though - that's irrelevant because basic rights should never ever be determined by popular opinion.

Equal treatment under the law didn't enshrine the right for everyone to marry whoever they want, which not only has no legal precedent in the United States, but in human history as well. If the right to marry an unrelated person of the opposite sex is applied equally, it cannot violate the 14th Amendment. And those laws are applied equally even in states that offer no protection for sexual orientation...such as mine.

And just so you know, the interracial marriage issue is one that's close to home for me. I married a white woman and enraged members of my family that want to keep Native American bloodlines pure which is almost a religion in my tribe. It's amazing how nobody ever accuses those Indians of racism even though it's deep set in my culture. Double standard perhaps?

You still don't have the right to marry "whoever you want" in the United States. What you cannot do in 35 states plus the District of Columbia is discriminate based on gender. In over 60% of the country you and I both have the right to marry the non familial consenting adult of your choice regardless of gender.

What is amazing to me is that someone in an interracial marriage would even consider denying to gay couples based on gender what was denied them based on race.

What is amazing to me is that anyone can rationalize that gender and race are the same thing when it comes to the subject of marriage.

Marriage is for reproduction, and please, don't start with the "barren" couples argument. Been there, done that.

Mark

Marriage today is for many things and reproduction is not the only thing and insisting on that would deprive many of marriage.
Sex isn't even for reproduction, usually, but somehow marriage is? Morons here, total fucking morons.

In the context of our society, your damn right it is. It is the reason why childbirth outside of marriage was shunned.

Mark

BS. Every study shows it is worse for children with gay parents.
No, they don't, but you need them to because otherwise you are just another run-of-the-mill faggot hater. It's all about the children you say, only it isn't, it's about your fear of the dreaded "others"...

i don't fear the gayz, only for the children who grow up confused and pressured to be gay when they are straight.

Funny thing that, it doesn't seem to be the case. Loving parents accept what their children are.

Gay Parents As Good As Straight Ones BU Today Boston University

gay parents will be more likely to sex. abuse, as they were sex. abused themselves.
You are accusing me of abusing my daughter? You sure you want to go there?

Really?

Gee, do you suddenly think we're going to redefine marriage in the future as that of one man and one woman, of the same race and religion and age, who must be able to conceive children?
Gee do you think cycles won't continue as they have since the beginning of the mankind that you want to wipe off the face of the Earth?

Legally they are the same thing, what is the compelling state interest? Oh, we don't have one. Well, that's into the can then.

And stop signing your name. It's annoying and nobody gives a fuck whether you live or die let alone what your goddamned name is. This isn't a letter to mommy.

The states compelling interest in to deal in reality, not cave to a whimsical whim of the electorate. Two men can never be married, no matter how much they wish they could be. That the government would try to change biological law to fit our wishes is insane.

Might as well call a man and a tree married. It won't make them so.

And BTW, the state has no "compelling interest" to limiting marriage to just two people.

Oh, by the way, my name is...

Mark

Marriage is not biological law. It's a human construct.

And? What difference does that make?

Mark

Mark

Sex isn't even for reproduction, usually, but somehow marriage is? Morons here, total fucking morons.

In the context of our society, your damn right it is. It is the reason why childbirth outside of marriage was shunned.
That's because fucking outside of marriage was shunned dumbass. It had nothing to do with marriage. And it was also shunned if you were married but fucking someone other than your spouse, along with fucking animals, children, and your same sex. It was the fucking that mattered, the out-of-wedlock child was just the evidence that you were a slut who couldn't keep her legs crossed and so were the other bastards men produced on the side.

Forum List

Back