The Honda Classic

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
Did anyone see the end of that one, the playoff hole win by Chris Kirk? In sports, there is something called a "money shot", and Chris Kirk had one of the best examples pf a money shot I have ever seen. His third shot put the ball within 8" of the hole, and his previous shot was a layup, due to being next to a palm tree. And his third shot was just a masterpiece. 100 yards away and in between sand and the lake sits the cup. The only better shot would have been holing it.

Everyone on the Tour is capable of shots like that. It's fun to see one of them come through in a critical situation.

I suspect the viewing audience was relatively small, as none of the "names" in golf was on the leaderboard.

I am vacationing in Florida now, and surprisingly, the LIV event was on TV alongside the PGA tour. They were hyping both the individual and the team competition, but I couldn't really keep track.

If anyone can post up a video of that third shot I'd like to see it again. I think the PGA has it locked down on having PGA video online or something because I can't find it. Could not watch the LIV, regardless of who was playing. It looked ridiculous to me, there was music blasting from the tee, I almost expected a cart with a keg of beer to be following these guys.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back