The Honorable Government Plantation

LogikAndReazon

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2012
Obama and the Democrats have hijacked and perverted words such as "community" and "compassion" for your neighbor, redefining them to claim moral authority for their desired government redistribution -- extorting the earnings of one group to give to another. Under Obama, government dependency is honorable. Obama's vision of a perfect society is destructive to the human spirit. It is evil and wrong.

Read more: Articles: When Community and Compassion Did Not Mean Government
Follow us: [MENTION=20123]American[/MENTION]Thinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Coercive social justice, and equality of outcomes for all !!!

The deceptive manipulation of our vocabulary is an important tactic used by the Left, especially through the national press. For example, being "tolerant" (of bad behavior) used to be bad; now it is good.

If you want to see sterling examples of government-dependent plantations,

visit the operations of companies like Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics, Raytheon, or Northrup Grumman.

... redefining them to claim moral authority for their desired government redistribution

The great myth of Republicans ... semantics over substance.

Kind of like referring to the wealthy as "job creators"

Its the poor, civil servants and entry level workers who create jobs

If someone comes to my town, builds a factory and employs 5000 people, I have no issues with calling him a job creator

If someone comes to my town, buys a profitable manufacturing facility, liquidates it, fires 5000 people and pockets the profit and moves on to the next town.....it pisses me off for Republicans to call that person a job creator

If someone comes to my town, builds a factory and employs 5000 people, I have no issues with calling him a job creator

If someone comes to my town, buys a profitable manufacturing facility, liquidates it, fires 5000 people and pockets the profit and moves on to the next town.....it pisses me off for Republicans to call that person a job creator

So what were the circumstances to that...and here is a great line from very liberal Danny Devito

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62kxPyNZF3Q]other peoples money danny devito - YouTube[/ame]

What if he takes the profit and invests it such that 10 other companies are ultimately able to hire another 1000 people each? Or that 3 people are able to start up new companies in industries or ways that create 3000 jobs each that are likely to last longer than the ones at that manufacturing facility, which was determined to be likely to fail within a year or two anyway? What if the guy who bought the facility donates more to charity each year than all those 5000 people combined? What if his wealthy family builds a library or a school in that or some other town? What if his investments in medical research companies or universities - while very profitable to him personally - eventually make it possible to create a new drug that saves millions of lives? Yeah, what if he is some greedy asshole, but what if he is an honest, well-meaning businessman making what seems like the most rational business decision at the time? What if this and what if that? You don't know. It's not as simple as some old black and white "I'm pissed off!" movie that makes you feel self-righteous and satisfied at the end of 90 minutes.

What if he takes the profit and invests it such that 10 other companies are ultimately able to hire another 1000 people each? Or that 3 people are able to start up new companies in industries or ways that create 3000 jobs each that are likely to last longer than the ones at that manufacturing facility, which was determined to be likely to fail within a year or two anyway? What if the guy who bought the facility donates more to charity each year than all those 5000 people combined? What if his wealthy family builds a library or a school in that or some other town? What if his investments in medical research companies or universities - while very profitable to him personally - eventually make it possible to create a new drug that saves millions of lives? Yeah, what if he is some greedy asshole, but what if he is an honest, well-meaning businessman making what seems like the most rational business decision at the time? What if this and what if that? You don't know. It's not as simple as some old black and white "I'm pissed off!" movie that makes you feel self-righteous and satisfied at the end of 90 minutes.

That would be great if they actually did that wouldn't it? Imagine if they actually invested in OUR Country?

However the seven million jobs lost in THIS COUNTRY were lost because of the actions of those the Republicans lovingly call the "job creators"

That would be great if they actually did that wouldn't it? Imagine if they actually invested in OUR Country?

A lot of people do. And a lot of people who make money overseas end up reinvesting in our markets here and the whole process goes round and round. You want to pass a law that says only sneakers made by union-controlled American workers who can trace their lineage back to the Mayflower may be sold in the US? Your theoretical rich guy will be wearing the best fucking sneakers in the history of man, but your 5000 workers will be walking around barefoot. IT'S NOT AS SIMPLE AS YOU WANT/NEED TO BELIEVE.

A lot of people do. And a lot of people who make money overseas end up reinvesting in our markets here and the whole process goes round and round. You want to pass a law that says only sneakers made by union-controlled American workers who can trace their lineage back to the Mayflower may be sold in the US? Your theoretical rich guy will be wearing the best fucking sneakers in the history of man, but your 5000 workers will be walking around barefoot. IT'S NOT AS SIMPLE AS YOU WANT/NEED TO BELIEVE.

Bullshit

I don't want to see anyone called a job creator unless they are actually creating jobs. The wealthy in this country are doing anything but creating jobs. They are taking their profits and sitting on them while they reduce employment and hold down wages

Job creators my ass

Forum List

Back