The Hypocrisy

Jul 12, 2016
Something really annoyed me today when scrolling down my timeline. Someone I know from school had posted a meme talking about how it is impossible to achieve free will if God is in control of everything, and that it is impossible for God to control everything if we have free will. Some religious nuts commented on how he will go to hell and justified their statement by saying that God plans everything (I honestly can't remember, but it was illogical reasoning.) What pissed me off though, is the fact that when they post their religious stuff all over my timeline about God saving us all, you don't see anyone commenting saying, "I personally don't think God exists." I don't know, maybe it's because of the fact that a lot of people in American society view atheists/agnostics as sinners, and people are afraid of being judged, but I feel like as a "man of God" you should treat people as you'd like to be treated and respect other people's opinions, especially if that particular person is respectful to you.
I also dislike that in a lot of religions, people are trained to believe only specific things, and cannot form their own unique opinions because it is "sinful."
Let's say there is a heaven and a hell. To me, that makes no sense because billions, possibly trillions of people in all of history will be in one of only two places. From a religious standpoint, it is more likely that there are multiple places you can go once you die. There are plenty of other cases where I can think of an alternative to what is stated in the Bible. I wish there were more people that thought to themselves and said, "Hmm.. this doesn't add up to me. I wonder what other scenarios would make more sense. After all, religion is just a set of theories not facts, and I can use my brain at any moment to make adjustments." I'm done with my rant for now, because this is getting a bit long-winded lol.

Let's say there is a heaven and a hell. To me, that makes no sense because billions, possibly trillions of people in all of history will be in one of only two places. From a religious standpoint, it is more likely that there are multiple places you can go once you die

See my thread 'spiritual teachings' according to spiritualism there are many planes of experience not just heaven or hell. You go to a place that you are spiritually suited for, and there are higher and lower realms that are divided by barriers of light. The unevolved cannot rise to higher planes because they cannot stand the light, but those who are more spiritually evolved find themselves in a beautiful place.

Forum List

Back