The Inexorable Rising Seas

national geographic says that average sea levels have swelled over 8 inches (about 23 cm) since 1880, with about three of those inches gained in the last 25 years.
Where did Nat Geo get the info? From NOAA that has been caught fabricating temperature data?

Those flooded areas quoted in the article are caused by other factors. Land rises and falls all over the earth all the time.

The earth is going through a a post glacier warming period. The ice has been slowing melting since the end of the last ice age and will continue to do so until the next ice age in about 20K years. In the meantime we will have cooler and warmer periods. Mini ice ages and times of warming.

Nothing to do with humans. AGW is a Libtard scam.

We should be glad there is as much ice on earth as there is. For the great majority of the time the earth has been here it has been hotter, much hotter.

Where did Nat Geo get the info? From NOAA that has been caught fabricating temperature data?
NOAA has not been caught falsifying data.
Those flooded areas quoted in the article are caused by other factors. Land rises and falls all over the earth all the time.
Don't be an idiot.
The earth is going through a a post glacier warming period.
Prior to the Industrial Revolution the Earth had been COOLING for 5,000 YEARS. We are not in a post glacial warming period.
The ice has been slowing melting since the end of the last ice age
Wrong
and will continue to do so until the next ice age in about 20K years.
I doubt there will be any ice left on this planet in another two centuries
In the meantime we will have cooler and warmer periods. Mini ice ages and times of warming.
We are warming now due to the greenhouse effect acting on human CO2 emissions. Face reality.
AGW is a very widely accepted scientific theory and you are a complete idiot.
We should be glad there is as much ice on earth as there is. For the great majority of the time the earth has been here it has been hotter, much hotter.
It is not the absolute temperature that matters, it is the rate of change.

The earth is going through a a post glacier warming period. The ice has been slowing melting since the end of the last ice age and will continue to do so until the next ice age in about 20K years. In the meantime we will have cooler and warmer periods. Mini ice ages and times of warming.

the noaa didnt falsify temp data.

And this is not temperature, its average sea level. More more simple to measure.

3i4buk64wv8b1.jpg

Only an idiot would look at these two photographs to judge sea level rise.
I have to think Skye knows I'm correct.

A different idiot poster put up those same two photos before. I noted that the amount of sea level rise in that location over the span of time between pictures was equal to about one-fourth the diameter of one of the statue's eyes which themselves are almost indiscernible. And then there's the point that the tidal range in that location is almost nine feet and there is no indication whatsoever what date or time of day those pictures were taken. And, of course, there is unknown subsidence and uplift. Recent reports have claimed that Manhattan is sinking from the weight of all the structures and people on it. I have no idea how that would affect Liberty Island and, apparently, neither does Skye.

I have to think Skye knows I'm correct.

A different idiot poster put up those same two photos before. I noted that the amount of sea level rise in that location over the span of time between pictures was equal to about one-fourth the diameter of one of the statue's eyes which themselves are almost indiscernible. And then there's the point that the tidal range in that location is almost nine feet and there is no indication whatsoever what date or time of day those pictures were taken. And, of course, there is unknown subsidence and uplift. Recent reports have claimed that Manhattan is sinking from the weight of all the structures and people on it. I have no idea how that would affect Liberty Island and, apparently, neither does Skye.
The seas have been rising since the end of the last glacial period. That's what happens in interglacial periods.

The seas have been rising since the end of the last glacial period. That's what happens in interglacial periods.
From 5,000 years ago till the last 150 years, they have NOT been rising. Since then, through the fucking roof.
640px-Post-Glacial_Sea_Level.png

fig-2-1_orig.png

Kemp_sealevel_20111.png

Kemp-vs-Kopp-1024x539.jpg

CS_sea_level_inches_v2.png

From 5,000 years ago till the last 150 years, they have NOT been rising. Since then, through the fucking roof.

fig-2-1_orig.png

Kemp_sealevel_20111.png

Kemp-vs-Kopp-1024x539.jpg

CS_sea_level_inches_v2.png
That sure looks to me likes the sea levels have been rising since the end of the last glacial period. It's been 3 to 4 mm/yr for the past 6000 years. Let me know when it triples.

Last edited:
That sure looks to me likes the sea levels have been rising since the end of the last glacial period. It's been 3 to 4 mm/yr for the past 6000 years. Let me know when it triples.
Are you unable to read a graph? Almost everyone else here can.

Are you unable to read a graph? Almost everyone else here can.
I question your mixing of graphs. Are you trying to tell me that the rate of change has tripled? Because it hasn't. It isn't materially different than the last 6,000 years.

But my favorite thing about sea level data are the ridiculous predictions that sea level rise will triple by the end of the decade. Can't wait to see you crawfish away from that in 2030.

The problem with you people trying to sell your doomsday scenario is that it forces you to make doomsday predictions that will never come true.

I question your mixing of graphs. Are you trying to tell me that the rate of change has tripled? Because it hasn't. It isn't materially different than the last 6,000 years.

Here is the current rate:

Here is the rate of sea level rise between 6,000 and 200 years ago
holocene_sealevel_curve_showing_14732647056911189.jpg

4 meters over 7,000 years is 0.57 mm/yr. The rate from 4,000 years to the "present" is even less: 1 meter over 4,000 years is 0.25 mm/yr
3.4mm/yr / 0.57mm/yr = 5.965
3.4mm/yr / 0.25mm/yr = 13.6

The rate of current sea level rise is somewhere between SIX and FOURTEEN TIMES the late Holocene rate.

So you DO have a problem reading graphs.

This is, again, why you need to do some actual math before posting your crap.

But my favorite thing about sea level data are the ridiculous predictions that sea level rise will triple by the end of the decade. Can't wait to see you crawfish away from that in 2030.
I'd very much like to see a link to a reputable scientific source claiming that the raye of sea level rise will triple in the next decade. Or you can admit that you made a mistake.
The problem with you people trying to sell your doomsday scenario is that it forces you to make doomsday predictions that will never come true.
The problem with your ignorance and dishonesty is, well, your ignorance and dishonesty.

Attachments

• 1689862596129.jpeg
    1689862596129.jpeg
    10.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Al Gore did NOT say that and, besides, he's not a climate scientist, is he. What the scientists have been saying HAS COME TRUE: increasing CO2, increasing temperatures, melting ice, rising seas. Get used to it, cause if you win this argument, it's not going to stop till our children's children's children have gone to their graves.

If we lose this argument, it's not going to stop till our children's children's children have gone to their graves.

4 meters over 7,000 years is 0.57 mm/yr. The rate from 4,000 years to the "present" is even less: 1 meter over 4,000 years is 0.25 mm/yr

The rate of current sea level rise is somewhere between SIX and FOURTEEN TIMES the late Holocene rate.

I'd very much like to see a link to a reputable scientific source claiming that the rate of sea level rise will triple in the next decade. Or you can admit that you made a mistake.

The problem with your ignorance and dishonesty is, well, your ignorance and dishonesty.
We got to do our alma matter, we must do our alma matter​
When I was a little bitty boy
My grandmother bought me a cute little toy
Silver bells hanging on a string
She told me it was my ding-a-ling-a-ling, oh​
My ding-a-ling, my ding-a-ling, I want you to play with my ding-a-ling!
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!​
Hmm, and then mama took me to grammar school
But I stopped off in the vestibule
Every time that bell would ring
Catch me playing with my ding-a-ling-a-ling, oh​
My ding-a-ling, my ding-a-ling, I want you to play with my ding-a-ling!​
Oh, that is beautiful
You know what I heard, I heard
I heard two girls over here singing in harmony, that's all right, honey
This is a free country, live like you wanna live, baby!
Yeah, ain't nobody gonna knock it, doll, mm-mm
Yeah, freedom
Yes sir, there's one guy right over here singin' "mine" too, that's all right, brother!
Yes sir, you got a right, baby, ain't nobody gonna bother you, tell you​
Once I was climbing the garden wall
I slipped and had a terrible fall
I fell so hard I heard bells ring
But held on to my ding-a-ling-a-ling​
Hmm, you know that's future parliament out there singin'?
Oh yeah! (yeah!)​
Hmm, once I was swimming 'cross turtle creek
Man, them snappers all around my feet
Sure was hard swimming 'cross that thing
With both hands holding my ding-a-ling​
Oh, my ding-a-ling, my ding-a-ling, I want you to play with my ding-a-ling!
That's so beautiful
I think it's a beautiful little song, really I do
And guess what, everybody's still not singing
There's a few right down front here that's not singing
We're gonna dedicate this verse to those who will not sing, yes sir​
Hmm, this here song it ain't so sad
The cutest little song you ever had
Those of you who will not sing
You must be playing with your own ding-a-ling​
Oh, your own, ding-a-ling, your own ding-a-ling, we saw you playing with your ding-a-ling
Oh, my ding-a-ling, everybody sing, I want to play with my, everybody​
My ding-a-ling, oh, my, ding-a-ling
Slow down, I want to play, everybody, with my ding-a-ling!​

--Check Berry

I'd very much like to see a link to a reputable scientific source claiming that the raye of sea level rise will triple in the next decade. Or you can admit that you made a mistake.

Seas have been rising at approximately the same rate for the past 6,000 years. You are going to be very disappointed when they are still at 3-4 mm/yr at the end of this decade.

Forum List

Back