The IRA

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
"Martin McGuiness was not a terrorist.
"Applause"
Martin McGuiness was a freedom fighter." - Gerry Adams

How are the Provos viewed in the US today ?

He was Sinn Fein but he's viewed as a peacemaker for his role in negotiating the Good Friday Agreement

He was a good man, may he RIP

He was Sinn Fein but he's viewed as a peacemaker for his role in negotiating the Good Friday Agreement

He was a good man, may he RIP
Were you supportive of the bombings ? They were financed by Americans and Gadaffi. An odd alliance.

I'm torn on it, without them I doubt Ireland would be where it is today but many lives were lost. They certainly forced England to the negotiation table.

I have ancestors that were Sinn Fein and I support their efforts in a free Ireland, my hope is that one day a united Ireland will happen

As for terrorist or freedom fighters? One person's terrorist is another's freedom fighter, all depends which side you are on

I'm torn on it, without them I doubt Ireland would be where it is today but many lives were lost. They certainly forced England to the negotiation table.

I have ancestors that were Sinn Fein and I support their efforts in a free Ireland, my hope is that one day a united Ireland will happen

As for terrorist or freedom fighters? One person's terrorist is another's freedom fighter, all depends which side you are on
I am not far away from that view myself.

Forum List

Back