The Iran Nuclear Deal Pullout Explained

Obama was no example of great leadership, though he is certainly a good person.

Off topic, but why do you think he is a good person? Because he's not Trump?
Someone once said, "Why do you call me good? Only God is good".
We use good as a common term and it is, of course, relative to how the speaker uses it, intends it.
As a family man who provides well for his family and who has succeeded in life despite many obstacles, he looks above average, a 'good' person.
Not having voted for him, and disagreeing fundamentally with the current U.S. political process, I have nothing to say here about his political performance. That would, additionally, be off topic.
Getting this post back on topic, the former President's efforts that led to an agreement was still a big step forward at the time in regards to America having contact with and exchanging ideas with Iran.
America's allies believed this was America's policy, they believed America. They now see this development as evidence that belief was misplaced. That is a fact, and that fact does not contribute to America's situation globally.
It seems to me that Reagan, HW and W were all fundamentally decent men. They treated their families well. Were admired by those whom they worked with. All could be ruthless. There was a Nixon quote to Kissinger about Reagan along the lines of "isn't he a little simple." And Kissinger replied that he seemed a good man. LOL Of course they all made mistakes.

Clinton is a sex addict, and he and Hillary are addicted to power - to being at the center of changing things. But their goal was to improve things.

Obama is an elitist and liberal .... Obamacare is a testament to govt mandating protections. W relaxed water pollutant standards. Would Flint have occurred? Would the financial meltdowns have occurred without deregulation. A president isn't a "bad person" just because something bad comes out of good intentions that people supported. A president isn't a "bad person" because he's liberal elitist or not so conservative who had substance abuse issues when he should have been getting life experience.

And people are of their times. Reagan used the N word, but he wasn't a racist. JFK was in the era of mad men.

Trump is a narcissist. Dangerous stuff. But he's not crazy. The Rel Right isn't crazy for supporting him. I don't know that I'd call him a good man. He more or less ignored his kids. Until he was 70 his main goal was making money and being on TV. The natl good was not something on his radar. But he's potus. He probably does think we defend other countries and shouldn't.

Putin is evil. He wants to reestablish the Russian empire. People wouldn't have protections from the State or the right to self determination. To Putin, the right of Ukranians to form their own govt is subservient to the needs of Russia. Xi doesn't appear to want to take over countries. But civil liberties and the right to be governed by consent are not big on his agenda.

America's allies believed this was America's policy, they believed America. They now see this development as evidence that belief was misplaced. That is a fact, and that fact does not contribute to America's situation globally.

This sounds a lot like invading Iraq. Did we lose credibility by pulling out?

That's a curious comparison. No country and certainly not Iraq wanted us there. Leaving was no t such a good thing. But the Iran Nuclear Deal was supported by about everyone outside of Israel, which imo said something not so good about them.

Obama was no example of great leadership, though he is certainly a good person.

Off topic, but why do you think he is a good person? Because he's not Trump?
Someone once said, "Why do you call me good? Only God is good".
We use good as a common term and it is, of course, relative to how the speaker uses it, intends it.
As a family man who provides well for his family and who has succeeded in life despite many obstacles, he looks above average, a 'good' person.
Not having voted for him, and disagreeing fundamentally with the current U.S. political process, I have nothing to say here about his political performance. That would, additionally, be off topic.
Getting this post back on topic, the former President's efforts that led to an agreement was still a big step forward at the time in regards to America having contact with and exchanging ideas with Iran.
It seems to me that Reagan, HW and W were all fundamentally decent men. They treated their families well. Were admired by those whom they worked with. All could be ruthless. There was a Nixon quote to Kissinger about Reagan along the lines of "isn't he a little simple." And Kissinger replied that he seemed a good man. LOL Of course they all made mistakes.

Clinton is a sex addict, and he and Hillary are addicted to power - to being at the center of changing things. But their goal was to improve things.

Obama is an elitist and liberal .... Obamacare is a testament to govt mandating protections. W relaxed water pollutant standards. Would Flint have occurred? Would the financial meltdowns have occurred without deregulation. A president isn't a "bad person" just because something bad comes out of good intentions that people supported. A president isn't a "bad person" because he's liberal elitist or not so conservative who had substance abuse issues when he should have been getting life experience.

And people are of their times. Reagan used the N word, but he wasn't a racist. JFK was in the era of mad men.

Trump is a narcissist. Dangerous stuff. But he's not crazy. The Rel Right isn't crazy for supporting him. I don't know that I'd call him a good man. He more or less ignored his kids. Until he was 70 his main goal was making money and being on TV. The natl good was not something on his radar. But he's potus. He probably does think we defend other countries and shouldn't.

Putin is evil. He wants to reestablish the Russian empire. People wouldn't have protections from the State or the right to self determination. To Putin, the right of Ukranians to form their own govt is subservient to the needs of Russia. Xi doesn't appear to want to take over countries. But civil liberties and the right to be governed by consent are not big on his agenda.
Well, see there you go. Viewing everything by the limits of the fence around your dog house.

Trump is reckless and irresponsible with an unwarranted hatred of Obama.

That's the explanation.

Say the reckless and irresponsible Trump haters, that support this bad deal Obama created.
According to YOU everything is a BAD DEAL unless it spewed out of the renown Liar,Womanizer and Cheat ..Trumps ASSHOLE

You mean like that renown liar, womanizer and cheat, Bill Clinton who said the North Korea deal would prevent North Korea from going Nuclear?

It was a terrible deal. Iran has become a massive problem since the Obama deal.

And look at the people who support Trump quitting the deal. The Saudis, Bahrain, UAE, Israel. Whose opposed to the deal? Russia, China.

So you are on the side of Russia now? But you are against our long time allies?

Funny how the people that actually live next to Iran, have a different view than morons in Europe and elsewhere. Pretty easy for some lame whiny people in the US, to say the deal is good, when the potentially nuclear Iran because of this bad deal, wouldn't be pointing their missiles at the US first.

That's the explanation.

Say the reckless and irresponsible Trump haters, that support this bad deal Obama created.
According to YOU everything is a BAD DEAL unless it spewed out of the renown Liar,Womanizer and Cheat ..Trumps ASSHOLE

You mean like that renown liar, womanizer and cheat, Bill Clinton who said the North Korea deal would prevent North Korea from going Nuclear?

And look at the people who support Trump quitting the deal. The Saudis, Bahrain, UAE, Israel. Whose opposed to the deal? Russia, China.

Funny how the people that actually live next to Iran, have a different view than morons in Europe and elsewhere. Pretty easy for some lame whiny people in the US, to say the deal is good, when the potentially nuclear Iran because of this bad deal, wouldn't be pointing their missiles at the US first.
you are amazing,you can read others minds.....STOP talking such shit,support Trump,,,TWO BIT FAMILY NON DEMOCRATIC GULF STATES AND THE ZIONIST TERRORIST FILTH CALLED ISRAEL,WHO HAVE HAD NUCLEAR FOR 60 YEARS AND WOULD NOT ADMIT IT...NEVER ALLOW INSPECTOR IN,WHY,THESE ZIONISTS WOULD USE NC WHEN VIEWING THEIR DISGUSTING HISTORY.

SO EXPLAIN WHY IT WAS SUCH A BAD DEAL,YOU CAN'T...YOU ARE JUST A TRUMP LEMMING,PREPARED TO SPOUT TRUMPS MAD MUSINGS AKA HIS SHIT

AND WHAT IF YOU IDIOTS SHOULD GET RID OF THE AYATOLLAS,WHO WILL REPLACE THEM,YOU IDIOT....BUT WHEN ALL IS SAID YOU WILL RUN AWAY...YEAH GOOD AIN'T YOU... AT MURDER AND CHAOS

WHAT'S WRONG WITH SUPPORTING RUSSIA,CHINA,EUROPE AND THE REST OF THE WORLD,WHO ARE FAR MORE CLEVER AND SENSIBLE THAN THE IDIOT TRUMP AND MORONS LIKE YOU

That's the explanation.

you are amazing,you can read others minds.....STOP talking such shit,support Trump,,,TWO BIT FAMILY NON DEMOCRATIC GULF STATES AND THE ZIONIST TERRORIST FILTH CALLED ISRAEL,WHO HAVE HAD NUCLEAR FOR 60 YEARS AND WOULD NOT ADMIT IT...NEVER ALLOW INSPECTOR IN,WHY,THESE ZIONISTS WOULD USE NC WHEN VIEWING THEIR DISGUSTING HISTORY.

SO EXPLAIN WHY IT WAS SUCH A BAD DEAL,YOU CAN'T...YOU ARE JUST A TRUMP LEMMING,PREPARED TO SPOUT TRUMPS MAD MUSINGS AKA HIS SHIT

AND WHAT IF YOU IDIOTS SHOULD GET RID OF THE AYATOLLAS,WHO WILL REPLACE THEM,YOU IDIOT....BUT WHEN ALL IS SAID YOU WILL RUN AWAY...YEAH GOOD AIN'T YOU AT MURDER AND CHAOS

WHAT'S WRONG WITH SUPPORTING RUSSIA,CHINA,EUROPE AND THE REST OF THE WORLD,WHO ARE FAR MORE CLEVER AND SENSIBLE THAT THE IDIOT TRUMP AND MORONS LIKE YOU

You know, I've always found that if I type in all caps, and make crazy accusations without any support, that magically my argument is good.

Funny how people in Iran want the Ayatollahs to fall. So does about a dozen countries around the middle east, and even the Saudis and Israel, are working together against the Ayatollahs.

But you are more freaked out about Israel, the only stable real democracy in the Middle East, than you are about some crazy people that have said openly in Iran, and now we have documents to prove it, that they want to have nuclear capable missiles to fire in the middle east, and the plans to build those nuclear weapons.

That's the explanation.

No, the facts say it's a bad deal. The people who would be the most likely to be targeted by a Nuclear Iran, say it's a bad deal.

The only people saying it's a good deal, or the morons who are ignorant, foolish, and have nothing to support their claims it's good.

AUSTRALIA SAW AND SEE YOU AS BIG MOUTHS GOING INTO A WAR,BUT WHIMPERING DOGS OF FAILURE WHEN LEAVING THE FIELD...YOU MAYWIN THE ODD BATTLE BUT INCAPABLE OF WINNING A WAR....YOU LOST TOTAL CREDIBILITY...YOU FAIL...I AM SHOUTING AT YOU

That's the explanation.

AND WHAT IF YOU IDIOTS SHOULD GET RID OF THE AYATOLLAS,WHO WILL REPLACE THEM,YOU IDIOT....BUT WHEN ALL IS SAID YOU WILL RUN AWAY...YEAH GOOD AIN'T YOU AT MURDER AND CHAOS

WHAT'S WRONG WITH SUPPORTING RUSSIA,CHINA,EUROPE AND THE REST OF THE WORLD,WHO ARE FAR MORE CLEVER AND SENSIBLE THAT THE IDIOT TRUMP AND MORONS LIKE YOU

You know, I've always found that if I type in all caps, and make crazy accusations without any support, that magically my argument is good.

Funny how people in Iran want the Ayatollahs to fall. So does about a dozen countries around the middle east, and even the Saudis and Israel, are working together against the Ayatollahs.

But you are more freaked out about Israel, the only stable real democracy in the Middle East, than you are about some crazy people that have said openly in Iran, and now we have documents to prove it, that they want to have nuclear capable missiles to fire in the middle east, and the plans to build those nuclear weapons.
I WILL ASK AGAIN WHY IT WAS A BAD DEAL,YOU SAY THE FACTS SAY IT IS A BAD DEAL...WHAT ARE THOSE FACTS ????????YOU HAVE NOT EXPLAINED

WHY HAS ISRAEL NOT BEEN INSPECTED,EVEN RUSSIA AND THE US HAVE,ISRAEL HAVE NOT SIGNED THE NON POLIFORATION TREATY.....YOU REALLY ARE THICK,,,IN MY OPINION AND YES I AM SHOUTING AT YOU

Last edited:

I WILL ASK AGAIN WHY IT WAS A BAD DEAL,YOU SAY THE FACTS SAY IT IS A BAD DEAL...WHAT ARE THOSE FACTS ????????YOU HAVE NOT EXPLAINED

WHY HAS ISRAEL NOT BEEN INSPECTED,EVEN RUSSIA AND THE US HAVE,ISRAEL HAVE NOT SIGNED THE NON POLIFORATION TREATY.....YOU REALLY ARE THICK,,,IN MY OPINION AND YES I AM SHOUTING AT YOU

Well, I think you'll find that people who scream a lot on here, will end up ignored but the vast majority on here. If you want to be taken seriously, you should conduct yourself in an adult and mature manor, that shows you are worthy of discussing things with.

First, what is wrong with supporting Russia and China? Um... maybe you missed it, but China is engaged in an arms race, and causing Japan to militerize right now. Tension in south east Asia have never been higher since WW2.

Equally, China has supported North Korea, which if not for the recent moves by Trump, would already be starting a war in Korea.

Then you have the Russians who have directly support Assad who has used chemical weapons repeatedly on his own people.

And you ask why we should not be on the same side as Russia and China? What are you? A cruel tyrannical dictator? Why would we want to be on their side?

Second, Israel has nothing to do with this. Israel is not threatening its neighbors with nuclear war. Israel has never indicated a desire to destroy it's neighbors. Nor has Israel refused to acknowledge the existence of the countries around it.

Why have we not being whining about Israel? Because they are democracy, that only wants peace. The only time Israel has ever done anything, is when they are attacked or threatened, which is what any country should do.

Iran has been threatening everyone, which is why the Saudis, and Egypt, are teaming up with Israel against Iran.

Third, what is wrong with the Iran deal.

1. We gave them tons of money, which they used to fund terrorist groups around the middle east.
2. The agreement does not prevent them from getting nuclear weapons.
3. The agreement does not prevent them from having centrifuges that allow them to enrich uranium for weapon purposes.
4. The agreement does not stop them from developing missiles capable of delivering those nukes.

There are numerous other problems with the deal.

But that's fundamentally the problem. I don't know if you understand how centrifuges work, but the only difference between power plant fuel, and nuclear weapons fuel, is how long you enrich the fuel.

In fact, you can easily make a bomb that will contaminate half a city, with very low enrichment. Meaning... as long as we allow them the ability to build centrifuges, they can make weapons. If they built 1,000 centrifuges for "peaceful nuclear power", they can switch those centrifuges over to making nuclear weapons by hitting a button.

In the mean time, between the start of the and when it expires, they can be building up their missile technology to deliver those nuclear weapons.

While all that is going on, they are using the cash we gave them to strength their influence in other countries, which will make their military power harder to resist.

All of this is a horrible deal.

Well, I think you'll find that people who scream a lot on here, will end up ignored but the vast majority on here. If you want to be taken seriously, you should conduct yourself in an adult and mature manor, that shows you are worthy of discussing things with.

First, what is wrong with supporting Russia and China? Um... maybe you missed it, but China is engaged in an arms race, and causing Japan to militerize right now. Tension in south east Asia have never been higher since WW2.

Equally, China has supported North Korea, which if not for the recent moves by Trump, would already be starting a war in Korea.

Then you have the Russians who have directly support Assad who has used chemical weapons repeatedly on his own people.

And you ask why we should not be on the same side as Russia and China? What are you? A cruel tyrannical dictator? Why would we want to be on their side?

Second, Israel has nothing to do with this. Israel is not threatening its neighbors with nuclear war. Israel has never indicated a desire to destroy it's neighbors. Nor has Israel refused to acknowledge the existence of the countries around it.

Why have we not being whining about Israel? Because they are democracy, that only wants peace. The only time Israel has ever done anything, is when they are attacked or threatened, which is what any country should do.

Iran has been threatening everyone, which is why the Saudis, and Egypt, are teaming up with Israel against Iran.

1. We gave them tons of money, which they used to fund terrorist groups around the middle east.
3. The agreement does not prevent them from having centrifuges that allow them to enrich uranium for weapon purposes.
4. The agreement does not stop them from developing missiles capable of delivering those nukes.

But that's fundamentally the problem. I don't know if you understand how centrifuges work, but the only difference between power plant fuel, and nuclear weapons fuel, is how long you enrich the fuel.

In fact, you can easily make a bomb that will contaminate half a city, with very low enrichment. Meaning... as long as we allow them the ability to build centrifuges, they can make weapons. If they built 1,000 centrifuges for "peaceful nuclear power", they can switch those centrifuges over to making nuclear weapons by hitting a button.

In the mean time, between the start of the and when it expires, they can be building up their missile technology to deliver those nuclear weapons.

While all that is going on, they are using the cash we gave them to strength their influence in other countries, which will make their military power harder to resist.

Without China,and their influence,do you honestly think Kim would be taking this action...if you think it does not,which I think you do...there is no point in any dialogue......as for your Iran ramblings overthrow the Iranian Government from outside be careful of what you wish for...it may spike you in the eye...I am no fan of Iran but the youth of Iran will change things hopefully......still didn't answer the Zionist problem of NO INSPECTORS and Israel are a big threat actually....you don't mention the 100,000's murdered in Yemen by the Saudis, is OK then...see your flaw is you have one rule for one and no rule for others....You Fail the Pub Test

Without China,and their influence,do you honestly think Kim would be taking this action...if you think it does not,which I think you do...there is no point in any dialogue......as for your Iran ramblings overthrow the Iranian Government from outside be careful of what you wish for...it may spike you in the eye...I am no fan of Iran but the youth of Iran will change things hopefully......still didn't answer the Zionist problem of NO INSPECTORS and Israel are a big threat actually....you don't mention the 100,000's murdered in Yemen by the Saudis, is OK then...see your flaw is you have one rule for one and no rule for others....You Fail the Pub Test

The only reason Korea felt they could develop nukes, and get away with it, is because they have a massive friendly nation that supports them. I guarantee that without China, Korea would never have become the problem that it is, for multiple reasons in fact. Japan and all the opposing nations around China would be isolating Korea.

Another reason is that without China, NKorea's economic would suck even worse than it already does. China and their semi-capital economy, is subsidizing N Korea's still mostly socialized economy.

In the same way that all the socialist economies that were tied to the Soviets completely crumbled when the USSR imploded, so would Korea without China's support.

So yes, absolutely NK would not be an issue without China. Guaranteed. From multiple perspectives.

There is no Zionist problem. You don't need answers to problems that don't exist.
No, Israel is not a big threat. Sorry, you are factually incorrect. I don't see Israeli terrorists attacking other countries. I don't see Israel working with, or funding, terrorist groups. I don't see any sign that Israel would pass off nuclear weapons to terrorist groups.

The bottom line is, you can scream about Israel until the end of time, and you will be wrong until the end of time. Israel is not a threat.
End of story, end of discussion, argument is over and finished. You can disagree, you are allowed to be wrong. But you are still just flat out wrong.

As for the Saudi's and Yemen.... I honestly don't know. I never did really understand the Houthi problem, or what threat they posed to the Saudis.

I thought it was a bad idea.... but what do I know? I don't live next to the Houthis, nor do I know their internal politics. Perhaps there is some reason for the Saudis to be involved, that I am not aware of. I don't know. That's my answer. I don't know.

8F513AA4-9EC9-4217-9473-BFA2A66AA027.jpeg

Despite all the bleating of the sheeple at the behest of their masters, President Trump's decision to pull out of the Iran nuclear deal makes perfect sense. (Please avoid cutting and pasting here for your response.)

This Presidential Agreement was deeply flawed from its inception, due to the following:
1. It sanctioned the eventual development of Iranian nuclear weapons;
2. It failed to address the development of delivery systems for these weapons;
3. It failed to provide for adequate verification of compliance with its terms;
4. It involved bribery payments to Iran and other secret protocols; and
5. It deliberately circumvented Constitutional ratification requirements.

As such, it represented nothing more than a disastrous policy blunder by the previous administration which could (and should) be reversed by the new administration. The fact that other parties were signatories to this agreement is not an excuse to compromise the security interests of the United States or its allies.

In a larger context, this decision strengthens President Trump's hand in dealing with North Korea and other adversaries by letting them know that the U.S. will not be bound by the mistakes and fecklessness of previous administrations. This means that none of our options will be taken off the table unless and until an acceptable and verifiable resolution of all relevant issues is obtained. (What a refreshing idea!)

Even with Iranian regime, this lets them know that there is a nonnegotiable "red line" that they will never be allowed to develop nuclear weapons with which they can threaten their neighbors. (This is another well deserved repudiation of the previous administration's policy of appeasement and "leading from behind.")

The Iran Nuclear Deal was nothing more than a repetition of the disastrous agreements with North Korea which allowed it to become a nuclear threat to the world. Thank God we are finally standing up to these rogue regimes.
So now what? How does pulling out and reimposing sanctions alone, without all the other countries who were involved in the sanctions before, do anything to increase the safety of the world from Iran getting nuclear weapons? Seems there must be a Step #2 in mind. What is it?
before we go crazy on what trump is doing - do you feel we should have kept the agreement, given the above limitations within it?

Despite all the bleating of the sheeple at the behest of their masters, President Trump's decision to pull out of the Iran nuclear deal makes perfect sense. (Please avoid cutting and pasting here for your response.)

This Presidential Agreement was deeply flawed from its inception, due to the following:
1. It sanctioned the eventual development of Iranian nuclear weapons;
2. It failed to address the development of delivery systems for these weapons;
3. It failed to provide for adequate verification of compliance with its terms;
4. It involved bribery payments to Iran and other secret protocols; and
5. It deliberately circumvented Constitutional ratification requirements.

As such, it represented nothing more than a disastrous policy blunder by the previous administration which could (and should) be reversed by the new administration. The fact that other parties were signatories to this agreement is not an excuse to compromise the security interests of the United States or its allies.

In a larger context, this decision strengthens President Trump's hand in dealing with North Korea and other adversaries by letting them know that the U.S. will not be bound by the mistakes and fecklessness of previous administrations. This means that none of our options will be taken off the table unless and until an acceptable and verifiable resolution of all relevant issues is obtained. (What a refreshing idea!)

Even with Iranian regime, this lets them know that there is a nonnegotiable "red line" that they will never be allowed to develop nuclear weapons with which they can threaten their neighbors. (This is another well deserved repudiation of the previous administration's policy of appeasement and "leading from behind.")

The Iran Nuclear Deal was nothing more than a repetition of the disastrous agreements with North Korea which allowed it to become a nuclear threat to the world. Thank God we are finally standing up to these rogue regimes.
So now what? How does pulling out and reimposing sanctions alone, without all the other countries who were involved in the sanctions before, do anything to increase the safety of the world from Iran getting nuclear weapons? Seems there must be a Step #2 in mind. What is it?

well leaving the deal changes nothing, which means the deal was shit to begin with.
As for the next step, people now know we dont duck around and will come up with a much better option, one that can pass congress.
"A much better option?" "One that can pass Congress?" Sounds like you think Iran will enter into a separate bilateral agreement with the US alone, promising to have no nukes and stop using ballistic missiles or supporting terrorist organizations. Or saying they hate America and Israel.
What it sounds like to me is either nonsense altogether, or a prelude to war.
great but if your stance is they would never stop saying they hate us or israel, what good did obama's agreement do? now in the light that this agreement included money laundering, would you still want to keep that agreement in place?

Forum List

Back