CDZ The Iranian nuclear deal: a deeper look

Do you think that the deal was beneficial overall?

• Yes

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters
I am going to post one common response to all the comments who say that this deal is bad because Iran has sponsored terrorists is not really a full democracy (the shah). it was explained in my essay above, but you do not seem to understand.the only reason why the people and countries who support terrorism do is because they are marginalized and desperate.A starving person living in their tiny hovel in the slums of Iran isn't going to worry about the quasi-dictatorship countries. all they care about is surviving, and when they hear that more sanctions have been put on Iran, it makes them hate the west.the only way to stop terrorism is to address its root causes by helping the desperate people most likely to become terroristswith the exception of ISIS, which is a special case).Iran is not a nation of radical religious zealots. these people are just as capable of rationality as any of us, and by NOT driving them to terrorism, we will (obviously) reduce terrorism. Content people do dot sign up to suicide bomb innocents. also, by allowing Iran to become a member of the global community, it has no reason to fund terrorist groups. Countries do this to have be heard when they are ignored and marginalized. You must think more deeply about the problem. Further punishing the Iranian people will only make more terrorists. In addition, if the Iranian people are allowed to join the global community, they will most likely attempt to change the government, separating it from religion. at the moment, that is not the most important issue for most Iranians. let go of your old, comfortable "us vs. them" mentality and realize that the issue is much more complex than that.
You are correct in the complexity of the issue, why trivialize that with a simplistic view of terrorism? Terrorism exists for a multitude of reasons, it is not merely a cry for legitimacy.
but that is the most common reason, and without that motivation, there would not be enough people joining for any terrorist group to survive.
How do you quantify that? The reasons for terrorism are many. Terrorism exists because it is a proven method of affecting change in governments. It does not legitimize, it does the opposite.

I am going to post one common response to all the comments who say that this deal is bad because Iran has sponsored terrorists is not really a full democracy (the shah). it was explained in my essay above, but you do not seem to understand.the only reason why the people and countries who support terrorism do is because they are marginalized and desperate.A starving person living in their tiny hovel in the slums of Iran isn't going to worry about the quasi-dictatorship countries. all they care about is surviving, and when they hear that more sanctions have been put on Iran, it makes them hate the west.the only way to stop terrorism is to address its root causes by helping the desperate people most likely to become terroristswith the exception of ISIS, which is a special case).Iran is not a nation of radical religious zealots. these people are just as capable of rationality as any of us, and by NOT driving them to terrorism, we will (obviously) reduce terrorism. Content people do dot sign up to suicide bomb innocents. also, by allowing Iran to become a member of the global community, it has no reason to fund terrorist groups. Countries do this to have be heard when they are ignored and marginalized. You must think more deeply about the problem. Further punishing the Iranian people will only make more terrorists. In addition, if the Iranian people are allowed to join the global community, they will most likely attempt to change the government, separating it from religion. at the moment, that is not the most important issue for most Iranians. let go of your old, comfortable "us vs. them" mentality and realize that the issue is much more complex than that.
You are correct in the complexity of the issue, why trivialize that with a simplistic view of terrorism? Terrorism exists for a multitude of reasons, it is not merely a cry for legitimacy.
but that is the most common reason, and without that motivation, there would not be enough people joining for any terrorist group to survive.
How do you quantify that? The reasons for terrorism are many. Terrorism exists because it is a proven method of affecting change in governments. It does not legitimize, it does the opposite.
I never said terrorism legitimizes, it is only a desperate attempt to do so. however, empowering people and legitimizing them does reduce terrorism.

I never said terrorism legitimizes, it is only a desperate attempt to do so. however, empowering people and legitimizing them does reduce terrorism.
You should quantify your assertion as to the most common reason for terrorism.
You have no way of knowing that lifting sanctions on Iran will empower it's people. They will, after all, still be ruled by a Theocracy.

You have no way of knowing that lifting sanctions on Iran will empower it's people. They will, after all, still be ruled by a Theocracy.
there is a way: common sense and philosophical and psychological analysis, and observation of the rest of the world.. it is not a quantifiable matter, but it can be asseses

hoe will lifting them out of poverty not empower them?

Demonstrate their impoverishment.

The CIA World Factbook says Iran is more equal in distribution of income than the US.

Last edited:
*google searches "Quality of life in Iran"*
Don't place the burden on me to make your point. Quality of life is affected by many variables not just economics.
but in Iran, that is by far the most significant factor.
Justify it. Iran is ranked 18th in GDP. List of countries by GDP PPP - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
Iran is not an impoverished country.

Don't place the burden on me to make your point. Quality of life is affected by many variables not just economics.
Justify it. Iran is ranked 18th in GDP. List of countries by GDP PPP - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
again, GDP is not an indicator of quaility of life. just look a china for a perfect example.

again, GDP is not an indicator of quaility of life. just look a china for a perfect example.
I HAVE justified all my claims. it is you who is making unsupported arguments

Imsuprised by how much more attention this thread is getting than my other one, which has a much better essay.
You have portrayed Iranians as an impoverished people who use terrorism to seek legitimacy from the world. I have demonstrated with citations that Iranians are not the impoverished people that you claim them to be. You have not provided a single citation to back up your claims, though I have asked.

Imsuprised by how much more attention this thread is getting than my other one, which has a much better essay.
Perhaps you made a more sound argument in your other threads, the argument in this thread is weak. And I am someone who would probably tend to agree with you more than not.

You have portrayed Iranians as an impoverished people who use terrorism to seek legitimacy from the world. I have demonstrated with citations that Iranians are not the impoverished people that you claim them to be. You have not provided a single citation to back up your claims, though I have asked.
first, I did not portray them in that way. that was a general analysis of the causes of terrorism.
Quality of Life in Iran
here's the "quantifiable proof" of my claims.
also, you have not provided anything to back up your claims. you have just sidestepped all my questions.

Perhaps you made a more sound argument in your other threads, the argument in this thread is weak. And I am someone who would probably tend to agree with you more than not.
my argument is not weak, you just refuse to think and rely only on statistics, enen when they actually provide no information.

you need to think more deeply about the issue and not rely only on superficial appearances and ststistics.

"the man who sees only with his eyes is blind"

Forum List

Back