🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The killer did not use an AR-15...he used a Sig....

there is no civilian lawful purpose for this military grade weapon...

sig_sauer_mcx_f.jpg

SIG SAUER developed the MCX rifle for America’s special forces.

While the SIG SAUER MCX kinda looks like a standard AR-15, there’s one major difference: it’s gas piston operated. Buffer and gas tube? Gone. SIG’s replaced them with a short stroke gas piston and a compact recoil system contained completely within the upper receiver. To provide the force necessary to stop the bolt carrier’s rearward movement and return it to battery after each round, the MCX features a pair of recoil springs directly attached to the bolt carrier. Because the recoil springs are housed where an AR-15’s charging handle would normally sit the charging handle has been moved slightly higher than normal on the receiver.

When you run a suppressed rifle the added back pressure from the silencer creates additional force to the bolt carrier, which makes the rifle cycle faster. That’s not good; it can become uncontrollable and cause excessive wear on the operating bits. The MCX has an adjustable gas system that changes the amount of gas being sent to the piston, controlling the cycle rate. The system’s equipped with a gas regulator that the shooter can adjust on the fly.

[NB: There are currently two MCX version on the market. The first (sold through Cabela’s) uses a self-regulating gas system that vents super-heated gas directly into the air to control the pressure. The latest and now official version uses a closed system manually adjusted from “suppressed” to “unsuppressed.” The official word from SIG SAUER: the adjustable gas system was done on request, but they settled on the manual system to make the civilian MCX be as close as possible to the military MCX.]

Gun Review: SIG SAUER MCX - The Truth About Guns

silencers are big out here

why bother the neighbors when you are knocking off coyotes at 3 in the morning

"Silencers" are only on TV. They're flash suppressors.

While they dont really silence the round they do make them much quieter as long as you stay sub sonic.

Sure there is. If I want one then I can buy one. The Founders were far more worried about an illegitimate government abusing its power than they were about an invading army thus the 2nd Amendment is about the ability of the American public to own the very same weapons that were used by the military's of the world. Including our own.

And based on the corruption in our government that is now demonstrated on a daily basis, they were correct in doing so.

not quite. that misinterpretation has been debunked long long ago...

do you think you have an individual right to obtain nuclear arms as well...? :lol:

Nope. Those are considered Weapons of Mass Destruction. Not "arm" which is an abbreviation for "small arms", in other words rifles, handguns, shotguns, machineguns etc. Just as an FYI there was no prohibition for artillery. The Ancient and Honorable Artillery Company of Boston was a PRIVATE artillery unit funded by the wealthy citizens of Boston that is still in existence.

Sure there is. If I want one then I can buy one. The Founders were far more worried about an illegitimate government abusing its power than they were about an invading army thus the 2nd Amendment is about the ability of the American public to own the very same weapons that were used by the military's of the world. Including our own.

And based on the corruption in our government that is now demonstrated on a daily basis, they were correct in doing so.

not quite. that misinterpretation has been debunked long long ago...

do you think you have an individual right to obtain nuclear arms as well...? :lol:

I guess we need to order some missiles and tanks too!

This was a small part of my friend Jacques Littlefields collection that was based in California. A high proportion of them were "live" and all of them were runners. And he also owned a Scud B, so yes, that sounds like a great idea.

jacques_collection.jpg

yep.......hammers got it wrong.....

NARRATIVE FAIL: Orlando Islamic Terrorist Did NOT Use An AR-15

The rifle used by the Islamist terrorist in Orlando was instead a Sig Sauer MCX carbine, a modular, multi-caliber (able to swap to different calibers, including 5.56 NATO, 300 BLK, and 7.62×39) rifle system that sometimes utilizes STANAG magazines common to more than 60 different firearms, but otherwise has no major parts that interface with AR-15s in any way, shape or form.

Better than AR-15?

Why aren't M16s with grenade launchers demanded to be available to the public, if the argument is that the population be armed as the military is?

The rifle used by the Islamist terrorist in Orlando was instead a Sig Sauer MCX carbine, a modular, multi-caliber (able to swap to different calibers, including 5.56 NATO, 300 BLK, and 7.62×39) rifle system that sometimes utilizes STANAG magazines common to more than 60 different firearms, but otherwise has no major parts that interface with AR-15s in any way, shape or form.
Well that changes everything for those who were murdered and their families , I am sure they will call you to thank you for that information

Why aren't M16s with grenade launchers demanded to be available to the public, if the argument is that the population be armed as the military is?
You can own them. You just have to go though the huge amount of red tape and haave a lot of cash.

Well you know all those black guns look alike

I'll take some grenade launchers, doubt I'll ever use them, but if I /need/ them to protect myself, I'll sure be pissed if some dip shit law created to punish /me/ for some other asshats criminal's actions took away my ability to have them. Of course, I suppose the cold truth of it all is that if I end up /needing/ a grenade launcher you bastard gun haters figure I'm dead and that's one less vote against your special interest huh? Us good citizen's with guns can't die out fast enough can we...

sig_sauer_mcx_f.jpg

While the SIG SAUER MCX kinda looks like a standard AR-15, there’s one major difference: it’s gas piston operated. Buffer and gas tube? Gone. SIG’s replaced them with a short stroke gas piston and a compact recoil system contained completely within the upper receiver. To provide the force necessary to stop the bolt carrier’s rearward movement and return it to battery after each round, the MCX features a pair of recoil springs directly attached to the bolt carrier. Because the recoil springs are housed where an AR-15’s charging handle would normally sit the charging handle has been moved slightly higher than normal on the receiver.

When you run a suppressed rifle the added back pressure from the silencer creates additional force to the bolt carrier, which makes the rifle cycle faster. That’s not good; it can become uncontrollable and cause excessive wear on the operating bits. The MCX has an adjustable gas system that changes the amount of gas being sent to the piston, controlling the cycle rate. The system’s equipped with a gas regulator that the shooter can adjust on the fly.

[NB: There are currently two MCX version on the market. The first (sold through Cabela’s) uses a self-regulating gas system that vents super-heated gas directly into the air to control the pressure. The latest and now official version uses a closed system manually adjusted from “suppressed” to “unsuppressed.” The official word from SIG SAUER: the adjustable gas system was done on request, but they settled on the manual system to make the civilian MCX be as close as possible to the military MCX.]

silencers are big out here

why bother the neighbors when you are knocking off coyotes at 3 in the morning

"why bother the neighbors when you are knocking off coyotes(Or homosexuals) at 3 in the morning".

What is their source of information that this is the gun he used?
Have you checked tinfoilhatsrus.com? I know that's you're goto site, surely they have a link for you...

Nothing in that article proves he used a Sig. They are just saying that he did. It may very well be true, but I would like some evidence of that first before I blindly accept their word for it.
What God damn difference does it make? Muslim terrorist killed Americans. Method matters not.

Spot on.........the emotional hemophiliacs are really getting hard to take with the gun shit........so fucked up how the emotions just thoroughly control the thought processing.

So?

sig_sauer_mcx_f.jpg

Yes there is....self defense, competition, hunting, and collecting.....there are about 8 million rifles like this.....3,750,000 AR-15s alone.......and one was used to commit murder on Sunday....1.

8,000,000 to 1..........how is that a problem?

Are you rational.....or an emotional thinker?

So?

The dreaded AR-15 was not used.......accuracy is supposed to count in journalism.......and if anti-gun nuts can't even get the rifle right.....why should we trust them on anything else?

Just a little something that everyone has forgotten except me.

Clinton says America should ‘empathize’ with its enemies | Fox News
Touting an approach she calls “smart power,” Clinton urged America to use “every possible tool and partner” to advance peace.

This, she said, includes “leaving no one on the sidelines, showing respect even for one’s enemies, trying to understand and insofar as psychologically possible, empathize with their perspective and point of view.”
Do you think those homosexuals right now want to empathize with the Muslims who put a hit out on the night club? I mean to kill homosexuals is their point of view. Liberals are the stupidest people on this planet.

Have you checked tinfoilhatsrus.com? I know that's you're goto site, surely they have a link for you...

Nothing in that article proves he used a Sig. They are just saying that he did. It may very well be true, but I would like some evidence of that first before I blindly accept their word for it.
What God damn difference does it make? Muslim terrorist killed Americans. Method matters not.

Sure it does.....the muslim friendly left want to use this incident to take away a Right of American citizens....this muslim terrorist could have used pistols...even revolvers to do this and yet they want to ban the most popular rifle in the United States....a rifle where 3,750,000 were not used to kill anyone......

3,750,000 to 1.......and they want to ban all 3,750,000......

Don't know....you could email them, they tend to reply........

sig_sauer_mcx_f.jpg

You are a joke. You and a million losers armed with fully auto whatevers couldn't defeat our own army in a thousand years. That dream died just before WW1. If we ever really have to fight our own military it would last less than a week. Unless of course you can explain how a 7.62mm can penetrate an M1A1 tank's armor or bring down an F-18.

You poor saps who live in this fantasy world where minutemen still exist are just pathetic. Jesus H join the rest of the world in the present day, rather than the world of 1880 which is where you still live.

sig_sauer_mcx_f.jpg

You are a joke. You and a million losers armed with fully auto whatevers couldn't defeat our own army in a thousand years. That dream died just before WW1. If we ever really have to fight our own military it would last less than a week. Unless of course you can explain how a 7.62mm can penetrate an M1A1 tank's armor or bring down an F-18.

You poor saps who live in this fantasy world where minutemen still exist are just pathetic. Jesus H join the rest of the world in the present day, rather than the world of 1880 which is where you still live.

Quick.....you need to fly over to Iraq and Afghanistan and tell them they can't beat us and make us leave.....they really need to know this before we leave....I mean we are packing up our drones, our SEALS and our bombs and missiles and going home because some backwards ass barbarians......with rifles and improvised explosive devices have fought us to the point we are just going home.....

moron.

Rifles are the one thing that keeps mass murder, genocide and ethnic cleansing from happening....the one thing they have in common.....all of the victims are unarmed....and at the mercy of police and the military...who are the only ones with rifles...

you totalitarian hack.

Sure it does.....the muslim friendly left want to use this incident to take away a Right of American citizens....this muslim terrorist could have used pistols...even revolvers to do this and yet they want to ban the most popular rifle in the United States....a rifle where 3,750,000 were not used to kill anyone......

3,750,000 to 1.......and they want to ban all 3,750,000......
During the Assault Rifle Ban of the 1990's this happened, anyone know why the ban didn't work? Liberals are the stupidest people on the planet.

1994 Assault weapons ban did not stop the Columbine shooting | Politics
In 1999, five years since the 1994 AWB was passed, 2 students at Columbine High school opened fire on fellow students and teachers, killing 13 and injuring 21. What many don’t know about Columbine, that the media fails to cover, is the fact that Eric Harris, one of the shooters, used a highpoint 995. The Highpoint 995 was a ban-compliant firearm under the AWB, sold with 10 round limit detachable magazine.

Gun%20Control%20-%20Jefferson%20v%20Hitler%2001.png

Forum List

Back