The Last Liberal Dies

I couldn't read the whole thing, but libturds can not stand critisizm, no matter where it comes from or how valid it is.

They still believe hitlary lost because of "russian interference". As if the MSM isn't "interference" in her favor.

Idiots.

Nat Hentoff died Saturday. RIP. No more real liberals exist...totalitarians have replaced them.

Archive | April 1999 | Nat Hentoff, the last honest liberal

It's painful seeing people put so much effort into this partisan bullshit on a daily basis. And it comes from both sides at that.

It's what feeds both big government parties.

After all, if both parties wished to treat everyone the same in terms of equality, then who would vote? Who would give them money?

No, politics is all about division, and without it, would not exist.

Sadly, those who think they are benefiting themselves over their common man by voting are then lied to. Just ask any Obama supporter who is paying double or higher health premiums because they voted for him. Many were Trump voters this go round. Will Trump make it any better? I doubt it.

Nat Hentoff died Saturday. RIP. No more real liberals exist...totalitarians have replaced them.

It's painful seeing people put so much effort into this partisan bullshit on a daily basis. And it comes from both sides at that.

After all, if both parties wished to treat everyone the same in terms of equality, then who would vote? Who would give them money?

Sadly, those who think they are benefiting themselves over their common man by voting are then lied to. Just ask any Obama supporter who is paying double or higher health premiums because they voted for him. Many were Trump voters this go round. Will Trump make it any better? I doubt it.

It's all about division in the US. Try looking at Germany.

Nat Hentoff was a self described libertarian he supported Rand Paul, he was also pro life, pro iraq war, he once supported the ACLU when they defended neo nazis and then criticized the ACLU for supporting laws against hate speech. He was fired from the village voice for his far right views (he didn't quit as your article says) and he spent the rest of his life working for the far right wing CATO institute and World net daily.

I'm not sure why OP describes him as a liberal much less the last "real" liberal, I doubt he would even describe himself that way. Kind of a sick way to announce his death....

....and with a conspiracy blog from 1999? Here's a better source for this 2 day old story http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/07/nyregion/nat-hentoff-dead.html

The more money and power at stake the greater the division.

As the US became more centralized and powerful economically and militarily, the division exponentially became worse.

And yes, there is division in Germany as well, just not to the extent of the US.

Nat Hentoff was a self decribed libertarian he supported Rand Paul, he was also pro life, pro iraq war, he once supported the ACLU when they defended neo nazis and then criticized the ACLU for supporting laws against hate speech. He was fired from the village voice for his far right views (he didn't quit as your article says) and he spent the rest life working for the far right wing CATO institute and World net daily.

I'm not sure why OP describes him as a liberal much less the last "real" liberal, I doubt he would even describe himself that way. Kind of sick way to announce his death.

....and with conspiracy blog from 1999? Here's a better source for this 2 day old story http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/07/nyregion/nat-hentoff-dead.html

I think the OP was focusing on the traditional use of the term liberal, which means the opposite of authoritarianism.

He was saying that the man in question supported individual freedom rather than the totalitarian use of power that the modern liberal champions. All Modern Liberals know is that the state needs even more power to "fix" things, and that is all they ever will know until they day they die.

Nat Hentoff was a self decribed libertarian he supported Rand Paul, he was also pro life, pro iraq war, he once supported the ACLU when they defended neo nazis and then criticized the ACLU for supporting laws against hate speech. He was fired from the village voice for his far right views (he didn't quit as your article says) and he spent the rest life working for the far right wing CATO institute and World net daily.

I'm not sure why OP describes him as a liberal much less the last "real" liberal, I doubt he would even describe himself that way. Kind of sick way to announce his death.

....and with conspiracy blog from 1999? Here's a better source for this 2 day old story http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/07/nyregion/nat-hentoff-dead.html

I think the OP was focusing on the traditional use of the term liberal, which means the opposite of authoritarianism.

He was saying that the man in question supported individual freedom rather than the authoritarian use of power that the modern liberal champions. All Modern Liberals know is that the state needs even more power to "fix" things, and that is all they ever will know until they day they die.
so libertarians are the only "real" liberals left is that what your saying?... so does that mean the democrats are conservatives now too? or are libertarians also the only "real" conservatives as well?....or how does this bullshit propaganda work?

He was saying that the man in question supported individual freedom rather than the authoritarian use of power that the modern liberal champions. All Modern Liberals know is that the state needs even more power to "fix" things, and that is all they ever will know until they day they die.
so libertarians are the only "real" liberals left is that what your saying?... so does that mean the democrats are conservatives now too? or are libertarians also the only "real" conservatives as well?....or how does this bullshit propaganda work?

You tell me.

I think you will find more similarities between the two parties than you will find differences.

As for what libertarians think, who cares politically? If they have abandoned collectivism they will be crushed by them

Once you give up on pursuing power at all costs in favor of individual freedom, you are at an automatic disadvantage even though you may be the most righteous.

The vast majority of human beings that have walked the earth have either been a slave or fighting and dying for some collectivist entity.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

You tell me.

I think you will find more similarities between the two parties than you will find differences.

As for what libertarians think, who cares politically? If they have abandoned collectivism they will be crushed by them

Once you give up on pursuing power at all costs in favor of individual freedom, you are at an automatic disadvantage even though you may be the most righteous.

The vast majority of human beings that have walked the earth have either been a slave or fighting and dying for some collectivist entity.

Wash, rinse, repeat.
nice speech but you didn't my question one bit. you seem to be in favor of collectively going to invade a foreign country for oil, you seem to in favor of collectively outlawing abortion, seems your line about collectivism is just more bullshit propaganda from the far right

As the US became more centralized and powerful economically and militarily, the division exponentially became worse.

And yes, there is division in Germany as well, just not to the extent of the US.

There are divisions in Germany, of course, but Germany has a large economy too, the difference is that people actually have a choice in who they vote for.

There are divisions in Germany, of course, but Germany has a large economy too, the difference is that people actually have a choice in who they vote for.
Divisions in Germany your kidding me? There's never been a war in Germany has there? I mean its not like they built a wall dividing half country or anything....

Divisions in Germany your kidding me? There's never been a war in Germany has there? I mean its not like they built a wall dividing half country or anything....

Germany didn't divide Germany.

It was those damn jews fault!

It was those damn jews fault!
Damn. You are an anti-Semite too.

You tell me.

Wash, rinse, repeat.
nice speech but you didn't my question one bit. you seem to be in favor of collectively going to invade a foreign country for oil, you seem to in favor of collectively outlawing abortion, seems your line about collectivism is just more bullshit propaganda from the far right

Who said I was ever in favor of going to fight for oil? You put those words in my mouth. Thanks for that, but untrue.

As for the bit about abortion, yea, I believe murder to be wrong and any human worth their salt would agree. The only question becomes, why don't you think a baby is human until it comes out of the womb? Seems kinda silly to me.

A better question would be, why defend those against murder at all? If we are but only glorified animals, why not kill them at will because that is how we treat animals? But if there be a God and we do, in fact, have natural rights, God help those who murder in the name of convenience.

And thanks, it was a nice speech wasn't it.

Forum List

Back