The lesson learned from NYC's Virus experience

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
To look at NYC's numbers a person might think they did nothing at all to prepare for the Virus....but that isn't true. They were on high alert some time ago and still got hit like a train wreck. Yes it is True that most Politicians were telling people to go out and enjoy life early in January and even into February and didn't really grasp the gravity of the situation until the early weeks of March. Remember these people are politicians not biologists and only had whatever info was available to them at the time. Frankly I don't think it mattered. NYC is a good case in point because of it's pig pile population and the obvious increase of person to person contact over less densely populated areas. The exponent of increase is so high in a place like NYC that it is probably impossible to interfere with it....annnnnnd that's just the point. I'm not convinced we did anything at all but to wait out the natural curve of the biology that was going to happen one way or another. I realize there's a lot of back patting going on right now about how we met the challenge and did the right thing....but I remain unconvinced that we did anything at all because as I have said from day one we are not able to do it.

The politics that have now entered the arena concerned with late response, early response, adequate response....are all bullshit. There is only one response....exposure and its aftermath. The Virus continues to be a three day flu for up to 80 percent of the people who catch it and then for whatever reason reacts differently to the upper percentages with scenarios up to and including death from lung debilitation as a result of some form of virulent pneumonia. Not all that different from the current seasonal flu...which despite all of our efforts to combat it comes back year after year as if we had never done a thing to combat it.

You will be exposed....and may have already been.

JO

Legitimate conflicting reports that the virus was transmitted from animal to human eased the concern among politicians. The criminal intent was the willingness of the governor of NY and the mayor of NYC to risk the lives of citizens by protecting China from criticism early in the crisis.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
Legitimate conflicting reports that the virus was transmitted from animal to human eased the concern among politicians. The criminal intent was the willingness of the governor of NY and the mayor of NYC to risk the lives of citizens by protecting China from criticism early in the crisis.
There is a whole shit load of Chinese cash pouring into this country in untraceable ways making its way into the pockets of these criminals.

JO

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
To look at NYC's numbers a person might think they did nothing at all to prepare for the Virus....but that isn't true. They were on high alert some time ago and still got hit like a train wreck. Yes it is True that most Politicians were telling people to go out and enjoy life early in January and even into February and didn't really grasp the gravity of the situation until the early weeks of March. Remember these people are politicians not biologists and only had whatever info was available to them at the time. Frankly I don't think it mattered. NYC is a good case in point because of it's pig pile population and the obvious increase of person to person contact over less densely populated areas. The exponent of increase is so high in a place like NYC that it is probably impossible to interfere with it....annnnnnd that's just the point. I'm not convinced we did anything at all but to wait out the natural curve of the biology that was going to happen one way or another. I realize there's a lot of back patting going on right now about how we met the challenge and did the right thing....but I remain unconvinced that we did anything at all because as I have said from day one we are not able to do it.

The politics that have now entered the arena concerned with late response, early response, adequate response....are all bullshit. There is only one response....exposure and its aftermath. The Virus continues to be a three day flu for up to 80 percent of the people who catch it and then for whatever reason reacts differently to the upper percentages with scenarios up to and including death from lung debilitation as a result of some form of virulent pneumonia. Not all that different from the current seasonal flu...which despite all of our efforts to combat it comes back year after year as if we had never done a thing to combat it.

You will be exposed....and may have already been.

JO
Bingo! What needs to happen is a deep dive into why New York and New Jersey have been decimated by this virus while similar population centers escaped with relatively minimal deaths. This virus has proven itself to be ultra contagious so we are probaby all going to be exposed to it which is the natural process with a virus.

I've posted information similar to this before and my post was based on studies and now this today:

NYU scientists: Largest U.S. study of COVID-19 finds obesity the single biggest factor in New York’s hospitalizations

4/12/2020

Snip:

Doctors at NYU Langone Health center conducted the largest study so far of U.S. hospital admissions for COVID-19, focused on New York City. They found obesity, along with age, was the biggest deciding factor in hospital admissions, which may suggest the role of hyper-inflammatory reactions that can happen in those with the disease.

much more:

I've posted information similar to this before and my post was based on studies and now this today:

NYU scientists: Largest U.S. study of COVID-19 finds obesity the single biggest factor in New York’s hospitalizations

4/12/2020

Snip:

Doctors at NYU Langone Health center conducted the largest study so far of U.S. hospital admissions for COVID-19, focused on New York City. They found obesity, along with age, was the biggest deciding factor in hospital admissions, which may suggest the role of hyper-inflammatory reactions that can happen in those with the disease.

much more:

Need star ratings back.

Forum List

Back