The links between domestic violence and mass shootings

From the article disclaimer: most can agree that they should not be granted access to firearms

What part of shall not be infringed is not understood? I guess we can't all agree. This/these writers don't seem to get the fact, that grants and privileges can be rescinded- rights can only be restricted or ignored. They don't have the intellect to see where the problems lie- they're cherry picking and using a bit of hyperbole, to wit: Last year, we witnessed an uptick in mass shootings that left no one untouched.

I beg to differ-

A band aid on a severed artery doesn't stop the bleeding, it just slows it down. The artery that is severed, in this country, is a lack of understanding (comprehension) of what Liberty is and what it entails- Liberty is essential to life. Laws, by definition restrict some and let others go- the others are usually the worst offenders of society, but, the enFORCEment bureaus are so busy making sure Joe Average gets cited for causing no harm they don't have the resources to stop anything-

When Liberty is restricted, officially, it becomes merely a word used to taunt others with- those who speak out about Liberty are labeled extremist- SMH- those who speak out for restricting Liberty get elected to do just that- or they riot and burn down stuff- they actually cause harm- and are ignored- why? Answer: IMproper Public Education, for several generations now. But, by god (one of many, take your choice while you stll have the Liberty to do so), writers are produced, by the dozens, or 100's or 1000's who feel they have all the answers- to questions the improperly educated ask- they and their minions cry "we have to do something"- then bitch when the something done isn't to their liking or severe enough for placating their irrational thought process, which seems to be; it's okay to restrict Liberty as long as it's a restriction I approve of- when it goes the other way, they forget they demanded something be done officially last time to restrict Liberty-

This time we're in goes way beyond guns- it's human psyche being easily manipulated by control freaks- and it won't stop with taking guns, or restricting guns, or labeling someone you don't approve of as extremist because you're told by writers (and talking heads) who head the classes of improperly educated.
Good point about the infringement. Let`s put the gun vending machines in the school cafeterias. There was infringement before the ink dried on the Constitution dumb dumb.

There was infringement before the ink dried on the Constitution dumb dumb.
No, there was ignoring, dumb, dumb- infringement is intentional authoritarian rule- and it comes from IMproper education, dumb, dumb believing that grants and privileges are the corner stone of our Country-

It s not just mass shootings. Violent people do violent things.
and the bigger the violent person the bigger danger he is to someone who is very small.

Fuck you. We're not giving up our guns you piece of shit.

We're not giving up our guns back in 1776 and we're not giving them up now.

And scoreboard x2.

I was asked about this last week but I could not find links. This is a good starting point and it begs the question when do we step in and halt the cycle.

It s not just mass shootings. Violent people do violent things. Its a bit of a step from beating up your wife for burning the toast to wiping out a church or cinema or a school but it is happening.

Should these people be tagged so we can control where they are ? Should they be allowed guns ? Should they be allowed to live a normal way of life or have they forsaken that privilege ?
Ties in with inherent violence on the Right....gaslighting...blaming the victim...etc.
Its a bit disheartening that so many on this board will jump in to defend wife beaters. What drugs are they on ?

An interesting link from "The Home Office" -- the ministry responsible for maintaining law and order in the UK since 1782.

https://assets.publishing.service.g...ata/file/142701/guide-on-definition-of-dv.pdf

Any incident or pattern of incidents of controlling, coercive or threatening behaviour, violence or abuse between those aged 16 or over who are or have been intimate partners or family members, regardless of gender or sexuality.

This can encompass, but is not limited to, the following types of abuse:•psychological•physical•sexual•financial•emotional'

Controlling behaviour is: a range of acts designed to make a person subordinate and/or dependent by isolating them from sources of support, exploiting their resources and capacities for personal gain, depriving them of the means needed for independence, resistance and escape and regulating their everyday behaviour.

Coercive behaviour is: an act or a pattern of acts of assault, threats, humiliation and intimidation or other abuse that is used to harm, punish, or frighten their victim.

According to the definition put in place by the Home Office, telling your 16-year-old they can't spend the night out is domestic violence.

Not giving your kids a large enough allowance is domestic violence.

Telling your kids to stop hanging around with bad kids is domestic violence.

Threatening to spank your kids (just the threat mind you, not the actual spanking) is domestic violence.

Is it any wonder, the kids in the UK, from The Royal Family on down, are out of control?
16 year olds can vote,pay taxes and serve in the military. They are hardly infants.

Children have always grown-up early in the UK...

View attachment 468307
Thats what the tories are looking to recreate today. A welcome return of Victorian values.
We hanged all the damn tories.

I was asked about this last week but I could not find links. This is a good starting point and it begs the question when do we step in and halt the cycle.

It s not just mass shootings. Violent people do violent things. Its a bit of a step from beating up your wife for burning the toast to wiping out a church or cinema or a school but it is happening.

Should these people be tagged so we can control where they are ? Should they be allowed guns ? Should they be allowed to live a normal way of life or have they forsaken that privilege ?
Ties in with inherent violence on the Right....gaslighting...blaming the victim...etc.
Its a bit disheartening that so many on this board will jump in to defend wife beaters. What drugs are they on ?
Who did that?

Taking handguns away from women removes their ability to defend themselves.

So I ask again, who did that?

Who did that?

The suggestion is that we deny guns to wife beaters. Why do you have a problem with that ?
What is fucking wrong with you ?

Who did that?

The suggestion is that we deny guns to wife beaters. Why do you have a problem with that ?
That never works. What you end up doing is denying guns from EVERYBODY and wife remains beaten.

Most high profile mass shootings are committed by single men (or boys) with mental problems. The most notorious school shooting in history (VA Tech Blacksburg) was committed by a Korean born young man who was so deranged that professors were afraid to be alone in the same room with him. The Vegas shooter was most likely motivated by political hatred but the FBI refused to speculate even after the media characterized the country music concert as a "Trump rally". None of these shooters were linked to domestic violence.

Most high profile mass shootings are committed by single men (or boys) with mental problems. The most notorious school shooting in history (VA Tech Blacksburg) was committed by a Korean born young man who was so deranged that professors were afraid to be alone in the same room with him. The Vegas shooter was most likely motivated by political hatred but the FBI refused to speculate even after the media characterized the country music concert as a "Trump rally". None of these shooters were linked to domestic violence.
Many of them are. Of course they all have guns but lets not go there.

Who did that?

That never works. What you end up doing is denying guns from EVERYBODY and wife remains beaten.
Please show me where it "never works" so that I can kick that idea into touch ?

The Columbine kids weren't even old enough to be married. The media covered up the fact that the kids had learning problems that the teachers thought they could solve with prescription drugs but the drugs act in peculiar ways in adolescent boys. James Hodgkinson was apparently a happily married man when he bought a SKS rifle and opened fire on republican congressmen practicing for a baseball game. He was motivated by left wing political hatred but the media refused to focus on his motivation or relationship with Senator Sanders.

An interesting link from "The Home Office" -- the ministry responsible for maintaining law and order in the UK since 1782.

https://assets.publishing.service.g...ata/file/142701/guide-on-definition-of-dv.pdf

Any incident or pattern of incidents of controlling, coercive or threatening behaviour, violence or abuse between those aged 16 or over who are or have been intimate partners or family members, regardless of gender or sexuality.

This can encompass, but is not limited to, the following types of abuse:•psychological•physical•sexual•financial•emotional'

Controlling behaviour is: a range of acts designed to make a person subordinate and/or dependent by isolating them from sources of support, exploiting their resources and capacities for personal gain, depriving them of the means needed for independence, resistance and escape and regulating their everyday behaviour.

Coercive behaviour is: an act or a pattern of acts of assault, threats, humiliation and intimidation or other abuse that is used to harm, punish, or frighten their victim.

According to the definition put in place by the Home Office, telling your 16-year-old they can't spend the night out is domestic violence.

Not giving your kids a large enough allowance is domestic violence.

Telling your kids to stop hanging around with bad kids is domestic violence.

Threatening to spank your kids (just the threat mind you, not the actual spanking) is domestic violence.

Is it any wonder, the kids in the UK, from The Royal Family on down, are out of control?
16 year olds can vote,pay taxes and serve in the military. They are hardly infants.
B the time you are done, modern day Hitler's and Stalin's will be reducing the "surplus" population.

Hey jackass: 20 people shot and killed and 137 people shot and wounded this month alone in Chicago.

https://heyjackass.com/

How many of those were from the "inherent violence" of the right? Not a single one. Those were were your Biden-supporting political cronies committing the violence and murder.

Forum List

Back