The Live Ukrainian Invasion Thread

This is shocking to me. Hard to believe.

Maybe Putin had to pull the nuke card because he realized an organized air attack would delete his army.

I keep reading this. It’s hard to believe but it explains a lot.

It demonstrates that Putin made a serious mistake. He thought Ukraine would crumble quickly, and that the Ukrainians wouldn’t fight. No need to get your troops ready and have sufficient logistical resources if you expect to waltz into Kyiv.

I keep reading this. It’s hard to believe but it explains a lot.

It demonstrates that Putin made a serious mistake. He thought Ukraine would crumble quickly, and that the Ukrainians wouldn’t fight. No need to get your troops ready and have sufficient logistical resources if you expect to waltz into Kyiv.
I don't know. I can see the evidence for that, but it just doesn't feel right. Why would he think such a thing? The Ukrainian people threw out his puppet. Twice.

Something is just off about all of this. Maybe it's Putin's mind that is off. That's the scariest thought.

Last edited:
Toro

Or maybe Putin was genuinely fooled by exaggerations and aggrandizations from his own people. Maybe his ministers of propaganda and intelligence were beyond sycophantic and filtered exaggerated and cherry picked info to Putin.

"Oh yes sir, your genius plan for disinformation and division in Ukraine has worked to perfection, just like you said it would!"

I mean, the 2016 US election probably shot his ego into the stratosphere, on that front.

Forum List

Back