🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The mountain lion killed by the man was about 35lbs and about 6 months old.

Pathetic. My maine coon is a big cat for a house cat, but he's no threat to anyone. I would do grave bodily injury to anyone who harmed him in any way. He's 22 pounds and he plays rough but he's no match for a human.

My personal opinion of the guy who killed this animal is not good. Humans are no damn good.

Have you seen the guys injuries? They look pretty severe. I can't imagine he faked them just so he could say he slayed a lion with his bare hands. My cats are all under 15 pounds and they could do some serous damage if they choose to. It's a sad story no doubt, but what choice did the guy have? I'm sure when the cat attacked he didn't exactly try and ascertain it's age and weight before fighting it.

It was fight or flight, and you are not going to outrun a cougar.

A very unfortunate situation.
35 POUNDS!
I just measured my 22 pound outdoor, muscular cat.
He's 12 inches tall at the shoulders and 18 inches long.

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES PUSSIES!

You have obviously never been attacked by a military working dog. They would not weigh more than about 35-40 pounds and yet they are so muscular that they can easily handle a full grown adult male. They bite and do not let go!

A good many of them can actually crush the bones in your lower leg.

That hurts.

I work with dogs that are off leash but muzzled. They will try to beat you to death with that steel muzzle cage by slamming their head into you while trying to bite! That alone is good for some serious bruising. Plus they will scratch and claw you to the point it rips your clothing off!

Imagine my trying to explain scratches all over my back to my wife after I had been out all night training!
Training. I gotta remember that one. Thanks.

I'm not a mountain lion expert but I'm guessing even at 35-40 pounds it could still rip you to shreads and kill you if it got a good grip on your head or neck.

too many cats around from what I hear and widdle babee cats grow up to be pretty ferocious, This cat will not be missed .

Interesting article on the nonsense: No, Travis Kauffman Did Not Strangle a 3-Month-Old, 24-lb Starving Mountain Lion

A few quotes from Ty Petersburg, Area Wildlife Manager at Colorado Parks and Wildlife Department of Natural Resources, who could be considered pretty knowledgeable about these animals. One I liked was this:
"Though many equate the term with a cute, cuddly house pet, this image is not consistent with the actual threat. Male mountain lions are classified as “kittens” up until one year. When asked what percentage of people are making it out alive in Kauffman’s situation, Petersburg responded simply, “I think he is probably one of the rare ones.”"

Forum List

Back