The Nakba and Gaza - Soliders recount

Sherlock Holmes

Gold Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2024
Hear (if you know Hebrew, but there are subtitles) Mickey Cohen talk of how the Palestinian villages were cleared of their populations. This typifies how the villages around Gaza's perimeter were stolen and converted by settlers in Jewish settlements, some of these are the same settlements that Hamas attacked, some 75 years later.

Michael Cohen from the Negev Brigade of the Israeli Occupation Forces (Formed from the Palmach, the elite fighting force of the Haganah) explains in a recorded video how the brigade expelled Palestinians in October 1948 from what “today you would call the Gaza Perimeter.

Here's the interview with him, this was done ten years ago:

• Thanks
Reactions: EMH
There's more, much more. Here is an archive of interviews with elderly Israelis who served in various military capacities during the Nakba:

towardcommonarchive

A media exhibition in collaboration between the NGO Zochrot and the ongoing research project "A common archive, 1948 Palestine" by Filmmaker Eyal Sivan (School of Arts and Digital Industries, University of East London) and Professor Ilan Pappe (European Centre for Palestine Studies, University of Exeter), supported by the Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC).

The project is based on a collection of video interviews of Zionist fighters conducted by Ronit Chacham and Eyal Sivan in 2005-2006, On the Common Archive Paradigm for conflict resolution paradigm (CAP) developed by Dan Dolberger and Eyal Sivan in 2007 at the Matrix East research Lab (MERL) - University of East London, and on Zochrot's experience in popularizing within the Jewish Israeli society the discourse on the Nakba and the return of Palestinian refugees.

This is an interesting one, confirms much of what I've heard from Palestinian victims at the time:

At 2:28

To blow up houses is nothing. What's the big deal about blowing up houses? Its as if I would go like that (waves a hand) with my hand, it's child's play.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back