The Nakba day heroine- Dovrat Malul

Lipush

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2012
Where the wild things are
A young Jewish woman, Dovrat Malul, was driving through Yafo (Jaffa) Wednesday when she encountered a protest against Israel's establishment, on what Arabs call "Nakba Day."

Her response was to put a new song by Eyal Golan – simply called "Israel" – on her car stereo, and pump up the volume.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT_CxVXHXCw&feature=player_embedded]Jewish girl gets in the face of Nakba Day protesters - YouTube[/ame]

She uploaded the video to her Facebook page and has received numerous well-wishes by Jews who felt that she had saved the nation's pride with a small act of defiance.

"Today is Nakba Day," she wrote, "I drove through the streets of Yafo and passed Clock Square.

"I encountered a bunch of people, some Arab and some Jews, protesting in favor of an Arab Land of Israel. All of them were wrapped in [Palestinian] Authority flags, handing out flyers.

"Inside my country, my place, my state, my land.

"The heart is pained to see Israelis, blood of my blood, sitting with them and giving them a hand, as well as legitimacy. I stopped the car, put on the song 'Israel' by Eyal Golan, opened the windows with full volume, got out of the car, danced and shouted the song.

"'I am willing to die for you, Israel!' – All the other Jews who were there joined me, hugged me, told me 'kol hakavod!'

Video: One Jewish Girl vs. Nakba Protesters - Inside Israel - News - Israel National News

Forum List

Back