🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The NEW Foreign Threat to American Politics.

flacaltenn

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2011
Hillbilly Hollywood, Tenn
I could not figure out WHY the venerable old "senile" Gray Lady, The NY Times would publish UNsourced gossip and rumors about the Trump team "not being able to turn on the lights in the Cabinet Room or Trump in his quarters by 6:30 in a bathrobe watching cable news. COMPLETE lapse of journalistic ethics and standards. And SPITEFUL in nature. Kinda sorry to see them become kamikazes for the Empire. But -- I started to realize WHY this institution is on a suicide mission.

Why is it that no one is discussing this insane behavior and self-immolating protest?

Who OWNS the NY Times?
Are you for "foreign interference" in the USA political process?

I guess that's 2 questions no one wants to ask or answer. Probably the media thinks you're too stupid to figure out the "foreign owner" of NY Times has a vested interest in SUPPORTING the govt of Mexico in the fight against Trump.. But I have. And America eventually will..

Telecom monopoly overcharging Mexicans billions
Telecom monopoly overcharging Mexicans billions
A new report shows that Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim is running a telecom monopoly that is costing the Mexican economy billions every year.

GEE WHIZ -- I wonder how someone GETS a monopoly like that?? Could it be collusion with the corruptocracy down in MeheeKo??? Must take a lot of government influence to keep that favorable treatment. But of LATE -- poor Billionaire has been under regulatory pressures to stop being so greedy.

Billionaire Telecom Tycoon Carlos Slim Pushes Back Against Mexican Government Crackdown On Monopolies

It didn’t take long for Mexican telecom tycoon Carlos Slim Helú to fight back against an unprecedented decision by Mexican authorities to bust up his telecom monopoly. Taking the confrontation to the legal arena, América Móvil filed for an injunction (juicio de amparo) this week against the Mexican Federal Telecommunications Institute’s ruling that the telecom giant controlled by the world’s second richest man is a "preponderant economic agent" in Mexico's phone market-- in other words, that the world's second richest man has dominant control of the Mexican telecom market.

Sure seems convenient that Carlos OWNS the leading dissident newspaper in America. The one source that can poke back at Trump's recent "rough handling" of the Mexican government by making up tabloid gossip about the incompetence of the Trump Admin and portraying them in chaos and confusion.

In a corruptocracy like Mexico -- THAT's how you get regulatory relief.. And that's how Foreign Intervention in American politics sneaks in when everyone is feuding and not thinking.

Last edited:
nope

The New York Times is owned by The New York Times Company. Arthur Ochs Sulzberger, Jr., the Publisher and the Chairman of the Board, is a member of the Ochs-Sulzberger family that has controlled the paper since 1896.

Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim has become the top shareholder of the New York Times.

shareholder not owner and doesn't have editorial control

Carlos Slim loan and investment
On January 20, 2009, The New York Times reported that its parent company, The New York Times Company, had reached an agreement to borrow $250 million from Carlos Slim, a Mexican businessman and the world's second richest person,[66] "to help the newspaper company finance its businesses".[67] The New York Times Company later repaid that loan ahead of schedule.[68] Since then, Slim has bought large quantities of the company's Class A shares, which are available for purchase by the public and offer less control over the company than Class B shares, which are privately held.[68] Slim's investments in the company included large purchases of Class A shares in 2011, when he increased his stake in the company to 8.1% of Class A shares,[69] and again in 2015, when he exercised stock options—acquired as part of a repayment plan on the 2009 loan—to purchase 15.9 million Class A shares.[68] As of March 7, 2016, Slim owned 17.4% of the company's Class A shares, according to annual filings submitted by the company.[70][71]

Although Slim is the largest shareholder in the company, his investment does not give him the ability to control the newspaper, as his stake allows him to vote only for Class A directors, who compose just a third of the company's board.[68]According to the company's 2016 annual filings, Slim did not own any of the company's Class B shares

nope

The New York Times is owned by The New York Times Company. Arthur Ochs Sulzberger, Jr., the Publisher and the Chairman of the Board, is a member of the Ochs-Sulzberger family that has controlled the paper since 1896.

Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim has become the top shareholder of the New York Times.

Pffffft.. Obviously oblivious to how that strange Capitalism thingy works. The majority shareholder CAN force the hire of a BRAND NEW editorial board --- tomorrow before NOON...

nope

It's extremely entertaining to me to watch folks who think that a foreign dignitary paying $400 for a night's stay in a Trump Hotel in Dubai rises to an IMMEDIATE impeachable defense of American security, but can't get their arms around a single Mexican national who NEEDS FAVORS from his govt being the LARGEST SINGLE stockholder of the now ankle-biting NY Times --- isn't foreign influence of American politics. :biggrin:

The hypocrisy is biblical in proportion here.

It's not like the major single stockholder in the NY Times, the man that showered them with $$Bills of ill-gotten Pesos would have to twist their arms or anything. This is all too easy. The NY Times couldn't figure out whether to apologize for their election coverage pranks and collusion with the DCCC or double down on Nov 9th. They've completely lost interest in their profession and craft.

All Carlos Slim has to do is the equivalent of Charlie Sheen's Agent suggesting that he continue with the hookers and blow.. And give a couple Press Events the morning after the binges..

...The NY Times would publish UNsourced gossip and rumors about the Trump team "not being able to turn on the lights in the Cabinet Room or Trump in his quarters by 6:30 in a bathrobe watching cable news. COMPLETE lapse of journalistic ethics and standards. And SPITEFUL in nature.

Am really surprised at the level it has sunk to. It's always been left leaning, and all news sources make mistakes, but this is beginning to assume National Enquirer standards. Very disappointing.

nope

It's extremely entertaining to me to watch folks who think that a foreign dignitary paying $400 for a night's stay in a Trump Hotel in Dubai rises to an IMMEDIATE impeachable defense of American security, but can't get their arms around a single Mexican national who NEEDS FAVORS from his govt being the LARGEST SINGLE stockholder of the now ankle-biting NY Times --- isn't foreign influence of American politics. :biggrin:

Kind of an apples and oranges comparison.

The problem with Trump Hotels...is that it blurs the line between proper and improper and even when it's totally innocent, the perception is there that it could be influence buying. And there is no way of being sure. Then magnify that by the hundreds or thousands of business connections he has world wide.

...The NY Times would publish UNsourced gossip and rumors about the Trump team "not being able to turn on the lights in the Cabinet Room or Trump in his quarters by 6:30 in a bathrobe watching cable news. COMPLETE lapse of journalistic ethics and standards. And SPITEFUL in nature.

Am really surprised at the level it has sunk to. It's always been left leaning, and all news sources make mistakes, but this is beginning to assume National Enquirer standards. Very disappointing.

I'm actually saddened as I watch journalistic institutions act like hold-out Japanese soldiers on a remote island continue the war after it's over. Seeing the NY Times go full tabloid or PBS purposely faking time lapses on the Mall on Inauguration day reminds me of conversations with my Russian scientist buds in Silicon Valley. They described how disinformation BECAME a form of Soviet "entertainment".

I'm actually saddened as I watch journalistic institutions act like hold-out Japanese soldiers on a remote island continue the war after it's over. Seeing the NY Times go full tabloid or PBS purposely faking time lapses on the Mall on Inauguration day reminds me of conversations with my Russian scientist buds in Silicon Valley. They described how disinformation BECAME a form of Soviet "entertainment".

I saw accusations, but no proof of that from anything reputable.

NYT slide however, is hugely disappointing. Way too many mistakes there to be considered acceptable.

I should also add...in this day when there is SO MUCH disinformation and fake news and so little fact checking - we need, more then ever reliable reputable journalism to keep us aware of what is going on with our government and around the world.

nope

The problem with Trump Hotels...is that it blurs the line between proper and improper and even when it's totally innocent, the perception is there that it could be influence buying. And there is no way of being sure. Then magnify that by the hundreds or thousands of business connections he has world wide.

That's all true. And likely that's all petty and the transactions completely innocent. HOWEVER -- I think both are Apples. Because the conflicts of interest here are MORE curious considering the corruption in Mexican Corp/Govt relations and the role the NYTimes plays in being a dissenting voice in these skirmishes. NY Times Staff and MGT WANTS to go full Monte on the resistance thing. Having a Huge investor cheer them on for PERSONAL gain is NOT a large stretch of imagination.

Wonder why this hasn't been examined by the same people who have been whining about "foreign intervention" in American politics? :coffee:

nope

That's all true. And likely that's all petty and the transactions completely innocent. HOWEVER -- I think both are Apples. Because the conflicts of interest here are MORE curious considering the corruption in Mexican Corp/Govt relations and the role the NYTimes plays in being a dissenting voice in these skirmishes. NY Times Staff and MGT WANTS to go full Monte on the resistance thing. Having a Huge investor cheer them on for PERSONAL gain is NOT a large stretch of imagination.

Wonder why this hasn't been examined by the same people who have been whining about "foreign intervention" in American politics? :coffee:

Well...it's interesitng all right....

Forum List

Back