The next wingnut conspiracy theory talking point on Syria?

Pro-war liberals are funny.

I'm still on the fence because while I think humanitarian reasons are valid as a premise for military action, I don't see a winning proposition for us in Syria. In Iraq, I saw the opportunity to enforce our cease fire, get rid of Saddam and his state support for terrorism, and hamper Al Qaeda's ability to grow and expand in Iraq. While the results have not been ideal, the Iraqi people have much more freedom (which in some areas ironically means freedom to live under Sharia Law :cuckoo: ) and Saddam's reign of terror is over.

I don't see how bombing Assad's military is going to do anything but help Al Qaeda, nor do I see how it's going to liberate Syria in any way. I'm willing to be convinced, but it has to be on honest terms not some talking points poking a stick at anyone who opposes Obama.

Y'know, there's a poll thread on here started by Paulitician about being in favor of strikes on Syria. Go find it and check out the names under "No" and then get back with me.

Why do I care about who votes how?

This isn't some sort of club where I can get kicked out for having the wrong views.

Because of this part:

Oh no, the U.S. would never conspire to start a phony war. The Tonkin incident resulted in the deaths of possibly a million Vietnamese. Ditto for operation Northwoods which was thankfully never used. That's just getting started.

Oh no, the U.S. would never conspire to start a phony war. The Tonkin incident resulted in the deaths of possibly a million Vietnamese. Ditto for operation Northwoods which was thankfully never used. That's just getting started.

Absolutely started with a phony "incident" from a Dem Prez.

Y'know, there's a poll thread on here started by Paulitician about being in favor of strikes on Syria. Go find it and check out the names under "No" and then get back with me.

Why do I care about who votes how?

This isn't some sort of club where I can get kicked out for having the wrong views.

Because of this part:

Just go back through your objections to the Iraq war and see if they are valid now.

Absolutely started with a phony "incident" from a Dem Prez.

Why is it that Democrats criticize wars started by Republicans where there is an obvious benefit for the US and then champion wars where there is no US benefit?

But even in a time of near universal agreement against it, you take the time to engage in partisan attacks?

While most on the left and right disagree with attacking Syria, I think some on the left are just having fun with the fact that Republicans were so pro-war just 5 years ago. To be honest, I think a lot of Republicans deserve that ridicule.

Obama couldn't handle bengazi, and couldn't even cover his lazziness and ignorance. Then we are supposed to trust him making good decision for maybe taking us to war?

Just go back through your objections to the Iraq war and see if they are valid now.

Totally not gettin' the fuckin' point are ya...:lol:

I get it. I'm on the fence right now. The Iraq was was valid, and perhaps the same action in Syria would be valid at that time also.

So why do you support war with Syria now? What is that going to do for us?

ok, let me spell it our for ya:

I don't support the fucking war either!

That is the point, you dumbass.

I get it. I'm on the fence right now. The Iraq was was valid, and perhaps the same action in Syria would be valid at that time also.

Good of you to finally clarify that.

So this whole thread is a pointless hissy fit because you agree with most Republican Congressmen?

So this whole thread is a pointless hissy fit because you agree with most Republican Congressmen?

"Hissy fit"?? Naw, it's mainly to discuss a conspiracy theory that may be forming and see how many ODSers might even agree with it.

Or did you not bother even reading the OP?

well frikken excuse us for not seeing things with this game of yours....lets all just laugh and play games over Obama threatening ANOTHER COUNTRY with that peace prize medal hanging from his skinny ass neck....I guess screwing up Lybia wasn't enough for him..

al together now....hardy har har

children in adult bodies is not pretty

Last edited:

"Hissy fit"?? Naw, it's mainly to discuss a conspiracy theory that may be forming and see how many ODSers might even agree with it.

Or did you not bother even reading the OP?

How many do?

Forum List

Back