The NFL made a deal with the Rams tp draft Sam.....

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
What a bunch of shit....

NFL made deal with Rams over selecting Sam

BBqQJRo.img
© Steve Mitchell-USA TODAY Sports (file photo) The St. Louis Rams' selection of defensive end Michael Sam in the 2014 draft apparently involved backroom discussions with the NFL.Almost two years ago, the St. Louis Rams selected defensive end Michael Sam in the seventh round of the NFL Draft.

At the time, the Rams were hailed for being progressive by drafting the first openly gay player in the National Football League. It turns out, according to multiple sources, that the league agreed not to ask the Rams to appear that year on HBO's yearly summer series, "Hard Knocks," if they drafted Sam.

Shortly after his college career at Missouri ended, Sam came put publicly, acknowledging he is gay. The Southeastern Conference Co-Defensive Player of the Year in 2013, Sam was considered a fifth-round pick at best. However, as the draft proceeded on the final day, it appeared he might not be drafted at all.

It is believed the NFL didn't want to face questions about that eventuality, and the Rams were viewed as the ideal spot because of St. Louis' proximity to the Missouri campus in Columbia, 90 miles away, and head coach Jeff Fisher's ability to deal with whatever distractions there might be

What a bunch of shit....

BBqQJRo.img
© Steve Mitchell-USA TODAY Sports (file photo) The St. Louis Rams' selection of defensive end Michael Sam in the 2014 draft apparently involved backroom discussions with the NFL.Almost two years ago, the St. Louis Rams selected defensive end Michael Sam in the seventh round of the NFL Draft.

At the time, the Rams were hailed for being progressive by drafting the first openly gay player in the National Football League. It turns out, according to multiple sources, that the league agreed not to ask the Rams to appear that year on HBO's yearly summer series, "Hard Knocks," if they drafted Sam.

Shortly after his college career at Missouri ended, Sam came put publicly, acknowledging he is gay. The Southeastern Conference Co-Defensive Player of the Year in 2013, Sam was considered a fifth-round pick at best. However, as the draft proceeded on the final day, it appeared he might not be drafted at all.

It is believed the NFL didn't want to face questions about that eventuality, and the Rams were viewed as the ideal spot because of St. Louis' proximity to the Missouri campus in Columbia, 90 miles away, and head coach Jeff Fisher's ability to deal with whatever distractions there might be

Political correctness

What a bunch of crap. Drafting someone just because he is a homo.

What a bunch of shit....

BBqQJRo.img

And telling Atlanta they won't get the Super Bowl if the State passes a law letting religious institutions determine what ceremonies they will conduct.

What a bunch of shit....

BBqQJRo.img

Political correctness

Just another PC failure.

And by doing so the League avoided the planned attacks, boycotts, and grotesque homo behavior outside NFL stadiums.....I'd call the move adroit and successful. Of course Sam claimed he was eventually cut because he's a queer but by then he was old news.....well done.

Wow. Clear discrimination. He took the spot of a more qualified heterosexual player or gay player who chose to remain in the closet. Pretty disgusting if true.

Wow. Clear discrimination. He took the spot of a more qualified heterosexual player or gay player who chose to remain in the closet. Pretty disgusting if true.

What's disgusting is that when he was cut, his first, last, and only excuse was because he is homo.

And by doing so the League avoided the planned attacks, boycotts, and grotesque homo behavior outside NFL stadiums.....I'd call the move adroit and successful. Of course Sam claimed he was eventually cut because he's a queer but by then he was old news.....well done.

The fool couldn't even make it in the Canadian League

Did he blame getting cut there on being a homo or is he "man" enough to admit he isn't good enough?

Did he blame getting cut there on being a homo or is he "man" enough to admit he isn't good enough?

IDK, I saw the headline and smirked....and moved on

The reason I asked was that was his excuse for getting cut in the NFL.

The reason I asked was that was his excuse for getting cut in the NFL.

Yeah I remember that part. It was something about taking time off to deal with personal issues and he just faded away....hopefully he stays faded away

Never thought I'd see the day affirmative action struck the NFL.

Jesse Jackson extorted a MILLION DOLLARS off NASCAR a few years back and there's still no black drivers. Just pay up and the Revrund disappears.

Forum List

Back