The Nintendo Switch is my new favorite toy...

The other problem is the flagship game that came with it - MarioKart 8 Deluxe.
Imagine my surprise when I found out a system I bought in Dec. 2019 came with a game made in 2014. 5 years old??
Problems..
1) It is faaar too glitchy for a game that is 5 years old. Communication errors online are too frequent, as high as 1 out of 20 games. Powerups suddenly disappear, your steering goes whacky or the accelerator is not responding, usually only last a second or two..but in this game that can make you lose a couple positions. Also the controller loses connection, not often, but we are only about 7 feet from the unit...no way in 2020 should anything wireless lose it's connection that close.
2) Too many cheats. And by cheats I don't mean cheat codes, I mean speed "cheats" that are built into the game. A few is fine, like the turbo boosts at the beginning if you hold down A when the "2" appears in the countdown. I mean super short cuts that you can't see. Almost every track has one. I kept seeing people disappearing occasionally, also I would be in say 2nd place, and without anyone passing me I am suddenly in 4th. Because they knew about a shortcut cheat that is found on the internet.

The game is mostly fun. But it requires extremely low skill level. I happen to be very good at race games, that skill is useless in this game. It is all about what powerups you get, and what cheats you know.

New Topics

Forum List

Back