The North Carolina House has approved a bill mandating background checks for welfare

This is the second of two threads bigrebnc has posted tonight, and his evidence in both blows the threads up as fail.

He destroys his own stuff all the time. I am amazed that Koch Brothers keep him on the blog payroll.

How do background checks prevent shootings?

Be specific.

What is this? Are you trolling your own thread? Are we talking welfare or guns?

Or.....are you about to admit that this dopey bill is nothing but a "nanner-nanner" proposed by a butt-hurt gun nut.

Is that a failed attempt to keep dipshit doc from answering the question?

I already did. Pay attention.

How would background checks prevent people from using the system for their own gain?

Be specific.

Be specific.

Have I ever claimed that they do?

Can you for once have an intelligent response?

You think I have to have experience getting welfare in order to know that the process involves identification and approval processes?

You do sound as if you are experienced. So tell us what is the process that would prevent criminals from getting welfare?

http://www.life123.com/career-money/insurance/welfare/how-to-apply-for-welfare.shtml

You think I have to have experience getting welfare in order to know that the process involves identification and approval processes?

You do sound as if you are experienced. So tell us what is the process that would prevent criminals from getting welfare?

http://www.life123.com/career-money/insurance/welfare/how-to-apply-for-welfare.shtml

Excuse me but thanks for the link. One thing though I saw nothing about criminal records check.
So how are these background checks done again?

What is this? Are you trolling your own thread? Are we talking welfare or guns?

Or.....are you about to admit that this dopey bill is nothing but a "nanner-nanner" proposed by a butt-hurt gun nut.

Is that a failed attempt to keep dipshit doc from answering the question?

Be specific.

Have I ever claimed that they do?

Well do you support this new bill for background checks?

Excuse me but thanks for the link. One thing though I saw nothing about criminal records check.

You are boring me. An application process....which requires a person to positively identify oneself and demonstrate need......serves as a background check.

Now...please change the subject to guns again. Everything is related to guns, after all.

You are boring me. An application process....which requires a person to positively identify oneself and demonstrate need......serves as a background check.

Now...please change the subject to guns again. Everything is related to guns, after all.

That link is the application process it's not what you claimed it was earlier. Where does it say anything about background checks?

No, I do not.

Are you done derailing your own thread? This thread is about welfare, not guns.

No derailing on my part if you noticed the first page. But I do notice how fast you want to get away from the background checks for firearms.
So you're saying you don't support new firearms background checks?

Last edited:

No, I do not.

No derailing on my part if you noticed the first page. But I do notice how fast you want to get away from the background checks for firearms.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. How many times would you like me to repeat it?

No, I do not.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. How many times would you like me to repeat it?

Thanks I'll watch and see how true this is.

What background checks? Do you think I said welfare recipients undergo background checks? Try again, dummy.

Thanks I'll watch and see how true this is.

Now that we've jumped through all your repetitive hoops, would you like to address the posts of mine that you were attempting to derail?

What exactly do you think the law in the OP will do to prevent welfare fraud?

This is a good thing

The bill that passed 106-6 Thursday requires all social services employees to perform background checks to bar applicants and recipients with outstanding warrants or other active violations from welfare and food stamp programs. Employees would have to report them to law enforcement.

Bill sponsor Rep. Dean Arp, a Republican from Monroe, noted the federal government already prohibits giving public assistance to fleeing felons and others with active violations.

Arp appeased many opponents after providing assurances that county offices won't shoulder additional costs. Some Democrats previously expressed concern about creating new burdens for social services employees and the perception that the bill unfairly singles out poor people for distrust.

The bill now heads to the Senate.

News-Talk 1110 WBT| News:

now that is a progressive action. hopefully more will follow

Forum List

Back