The North Carolina House has approved a bill mandating background checks for welfare

Republicans want the middle class to hate the poor, so they won't notice the rich walking away with all the money.

ya ok, there are no poor republicans or rich dems.

My Yellow Lab has better logical reasoning abilities.

This is a good thing

The bill that passed 106-6 Thursday requires all social services employees to perform background checks to bar applicants and recipients with outstanding warrants or other active violations from welfare and food stamp programs. Employees would have to report them to law enforcement.

Bill sponsor Rep. Dean Arp, a Republican from Monroe, noted the federal government already prohibits giving public assistance to fleeing felons and others with active violations.

Arp appeased many opponents after providing assurances that county offices won't shoulder additional costs. Some Democrats previously expressed concern about creating new burdens for social services employees and the perception that the bill unfairly singles out poor people for distrust.

The bill now heads to the Senate.

News-Talk 1110 WBT| News:

And if passed it will be struck down as un-Constitution, just as the failed Florida law requiring drug tests for public assistance applicants.

The law will be invalidated on 14th Amendment grounds, in that it denies access to public assistance law of a particular class of persons absent a rational basis or legitimate legislative end, there is no evidence that those who apply for public assistance are any more likely to have a criminal record than the general population, consequently the proposed law is motivated solely by animus toward those who seek only assistance from the government.

The ‘presumption of guilt’ with regard to public assistance applicants clearly violates the Due Process Clause of the 5th and 14th Amendments, and the Equal Protection Clause of the 14th Amendment.

This is yet another example of the ignorance and hate of the reactionary, delusional right.

What is it you don't understand about outstanding warrants or active violations? Has nothing to do with a criminal record.

Nutters, like all primates, seek to battle those who are weaker and struggling........rather than risk upsetting more dominant members of the group.

Realizing that they posess neither the strength nor the determination to do battle with those who control them ( the 1%, multinationals, ) they turn their attention to those who are below them on the economic food chain. Thus, the welfare recipient.....who leads a subsistence level existence.....becomes the primary target of their vitriol.

Like a chimp who has been beaten down by the dominant chimp in the pen.....and then looks for a weaker foe. They never....ever...return for another beating.

I just want to ask a question to anyone that thinks this is a bad idea. If wanting background checks to people on welfare is bad than what is the solution to people who use the system for their own gain. That's all I hope that this post doesn't make me an evil Liberal or conservative I'm just a guy just asking a question.

I'll bump your post so that someone who may oppose this bill might give you their opinion.

This is a good thing

The bill that passed 106-6 Thursday requires all social services employees to perform background checks to bar applicants and recipients with outstanding warrants or other active violations from welfare and food stamp programs. Employees would have to report them to law enforcement.

Bill sponsor Rep. Dean Arp, a Republican from Monroe, noted the federal government already prohibits giving public assistance to fleeing felons and others with active violations.

Arp appeased many opponents after providing assurances that county offices won't shoulder additional costs. Some Democrats previously expressed concern about creating new burdens for social services employees and the perception that the bill unfairly singles out poor people for distrust.

And if passed it will be struck down as un-Constitution, just as the failed Florida law requiring drug tests for public assistance applicants.

The law will be invalidated on 14th Amendment grounds, in that it denies access to public assistance law of a particular class of persons absent a rational basis or legitimate legislative end, there is no evidence that those who apply for public assistance are any more likely to have a criminal record than the general population, consequently the proposed law is motivated solely by animus toward those who seek only assistance from the government.

The ‘presumption of guilt’ with regard to public assistance applicants clearly violates the Due Process Clause of the 5th and 14th Amendments, and the Equal Protection Clause of the 14th Amendment.

This is yet another example of the ignorance and hate of the reactionary, delusional right.

So, how do you feel about background checks for firearms purchases?

Nutters, like all primates, seek to battle those who are weaker and struggling........rather than risk upsetting more dominant members of the group.

Realizing that they posess neither the strength nor the determination to do battle with those who control them ( the 1%, multinationals, ) they turn their attention to those who are below them on the economic food chain. Thus, the welfare recipient.....who leads a subsistence level existence.....becomes the primary target of their vitriol.

Like a chimp who has been beaten down by the dominant chimp in the pen.....and then looks for a weaker foe. They never....ever...return for another beating.

However you always seem to find your way to a thread that I start. I see you came back for your daily ass beating.

I just want to ask a question to anyone that thinks this is a bad idea. If wanting background checks to people on welfare is bad than what is the solution to people who use the system for their own gain. That's all I hope that this post doesn't make me an evil Liberal or conservative I'm just a guy just asking a question.

How would background checks prevent people from using the system for their own gain?

Be specific.

Welfare recipients are already required to go through approval processes. This bill is GRANDSTANDING. Period.

How would background checks prevent people from using the system for their own gain?

Be specific.

How do background checks prevent shootings?

Be specific.

Be specific.

Be specific.

Have I ever claimed that they do?

Welfare recipients are already required to go through approval processes. This bill is GRANDSTANDING. Period.

Unless you are on welfare how do you know what the process is?

LBJ's "war on poverty" was the democrats finest hour. It actually made the federal plantation part of society. Black families would be torn apart and trailer trash whites would vote themselves a democrat just to make sure they had enough money for beer and pizza. Black conservatives who escaped the plantation and got an education would be and still are ridiculed by the democrat establishment and taught to toe the line.

Unless you are on welfare how do you know what the process is?

Do you think that you just asked an intelligent question?

This is a good thing

The problem with the Florida law is it was an unconstitutional search. Want to explain how background checks are unconstitutional searches if they are applied to welfare recipients, but not if they are applied to gun buyers?

Last edited:

Be specific.

Be specific.

What is this? Are you trolling your own thread? Are we talking welfare or guns?

Or.....are you about to admit that this dopey bill is nothing but a "nanner-nanner" proposed by a butt-hurt gun nut.

Be specific.

Be specific.

What is this? Are you trolling your own thread? Are we talking welfare or guns?

Or.....are you about to admit that this dopey bill is nothing but a "nanner-nanner" proposed by a butt-hurt gun nut.

Is that a failed attempt to keep dipshit doc from answering the question?

Forum List

Back