"The Obamacare implosion is worse than you think"

I don't know about IN, DE and CT but NH and CA are often cited as the way not to run a healthcare system.

Don't forget Oregon, and the government maze was so convoluted that even Oracle couldn't figure it out.

Cover Oregon: Feds blast state health insurance exchange and lead contractor, Oracle | OregonLive.com
Didn't MD and some other state also have a state exchange meltdown?

Yes.

Gansler asks O?Malley for independent probe of Maryland health exchange, gets rebuffed - The Washington Post

Md. Audit Released On Health Exchange Problems; State Health Secretary Testifies « CBS Baltimore

I thought I remembered something to that effect. I will get back to you later I'm dealing with a wifely meltdown over buying at the bottom and selling at the top creating a large capital gain. So, I have to go.

it's obvious the democrats plan isn't working and they have no new ideas to offer up. maybe its tme we give the republicans a shot at it

Bobby Jindal Has Smart Ideas to Improve Obamacare - Businessweek
You need to look at the full picture. Ocare was passed by:

A president from IL which was downgraded for bond rating again earlier this year.

A House Speaker from CA which was downgraded last year.

And a senate majority leader from a state whose main source, at least indirectly. of revenues is CA.

Whether consciously or not the main purpose of Ocare was and is to bail out critically important parts of the D machine. that soon to be failure has a much longer shadow than this POS bill.

Reid needs a dose of reality on Obamacare | Las Vegas Review-Journal

“Despite all that good news, there’s plenty of horror stories being told. All of them are untrue, but they’re being told all over America.”

All are untrue? That’s a spectacular lie, and Sen. Reid knew it.

In fact, when he made that statement from the U.S. Senate floor, he knew not “all” of the horror stories were untrue, because he and his staff were working to help a Nevada man fix his own Obamacare horror story.

Last edited:
he has a double digit IQ and a 5th grade education. you expect something different?

I don't think you should be the one talking about anybody's IQ or education, darlin'. :eusa_whistle:

perhaps that's because you aren't very bright.

but i understand when you align yourself with subliterates like "listening", that might give you an inflated view of yourself.

You are the one with an inflated view of yourself, princess. When you align yourself with the Dean's, TDM's, Leftwinger's....you shouldn't be saying anything about anyone not being bright.
But, it is expected of you these days, you've slipped with any quality that you might have possessed in the past..... :eusa_whistle:

I don't think you should be the one talking about anybody's IQ or education, darlin'. :eusa_whistle:

perhaps that's because you aren't very bright.

but i understand when you align yourself with subliterates like "listening", that might give you an inflated view of yourself.

You are the one with an inflated view of yourself, princess. When you align yourself with the Dean's, TDM's, Leftwinger's....you shouldn't be saying anything about anyone not being bright.
But, it is expected of you these days, you've slipped with any quality that you might have possessed in the past..... :eusa_whistle:

I see it as sour grapes. After all, if I had supported Obama, I'd be really depressed and bitter too.

Not that supporting the GOP leaves you feeling much better.

it's obvious the democrats plan isn't working and they have no new ideas to offer up. maybe its tme we give the republicans a shot at it

Why not let Democrats follow up on the system their leaders implemented,
let Republicans have an option or exemption to pay for their proposed system,
the Singlepayers have an option or exemption to go into their system they wanted, etc.

If Amish and other "qualified" religious affiliations get an exemption by "group",
why not consider all such groups willing to cover their members as an exemption.

And let members/taxpayers chose their own option of either buying insurance or paying into one of the systems where they agree to cover the costs of managing it that way?

Clearly we are not all going to agree, so why not leave it open to group options?

Why not let Democrats follow up on the system their leaders implemented,
let Republicans have an option or exemption to pay for their proposed system,
the Singlepayers have an option or exemption to go into their system they wanted, etc.

If Amish and other "qualified" religious affiliations get an exemption by "group",
why not consider all such groups willing to cover their members as an exemption.

And let members/taxpayers chose their own option of either buying insurance or paying into one of the systems where they agree to cover the costs of managing it that way?

Clearly we are not all going to agree, so why not leave it open to group options?

Democrats need to make sure that people are paying for their version. Too many healthy people would bail if they weren't herded toward where Democrats need them to be. Too many healthy people might already be staying out. But more would bail if they had better choices.

The next ObamaCare disasters | New York Post

Obama claimed Friday that 7.5 million people have enrolled in exchange coverage. In fact, perhaps 20 percent haven’t paid their first premium and therefore aren’t covered, according to estimates by RAND Corp. and Goldman Sachs.

The bigger question is how many will keep paying premiums. That’s got the American Medical Association, a chief ObamaCare booster, so worried that it’s sending warnings to its members.

Why the concern? First-time insurance purchasers, especially those living paycheck to paycheck, will be shocked by ObamaCare’s high deductibles, about $3,000 for the silver plan (the most commonly selected) and $5,000 for the bronze plan (the most affordable).

Basically, you’ll have to pay thousands out of pocket for appointments, tests and prescriptions until you reach your deductible.

Millennials who heard Obama say on “Between Two Ferns” that they can buy a health plan for the price of a cellphone contract won’t be laughing when they realize what the $5,000 deductible means. (It’s like a cellphone contract that makes you pay $5 a text for your first thousand texts.) Rather than pay thousands out of pocket for care while also paying premiums, some will quit paying premiums.

That’s why the AMA is worried. Section 1412 of the health law gives consumers a 90-day “grace period” before their subsidized plan is canceled for nonpayment. But insurers only have to keep paying doctors and hospitals for 30 days. The next 60 days of care are on the care provider. The AMA says “it could pose a significant financial risk for medical practices.”

Democrats need to make sure that people are paying for their version. Too many healthy people would bail if they weren't herded toward where Democrats need them to be. Too many healthy people might already be staying out. But more would bail if they had better choices.

Yes since their system of mandates requires full regulation, which other people/groups don't believe in, that is why I believe Democrats or Singlepayers should set up their own networks for registering their members/taxpayers under that system to regulate it themselves.

They can have all the prochoice/prodrug options they want to pay for, and are completely responsible for all consequences and costs of members who believe in following that policy.

If they'd rather pay for health care and education for inmates and low income welfare recipients, they can cover that instead of paying for the death penalty or war they oppose.

With the money they save, they can pay for social costs of health care, education, etc. under the public systems they believe in. Without costing money to taxpayers who don't.

Forum List

Back