The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Zimmerman sues the media out of business. The bastards must pay for this shit.

The only one Zimmy's going to be suing is the prison for not serving him enough beans.

He's serious. That dude's kind of fucking crazy.

You're fucking crazy for taking a mans ability to defend himself way. Your entire case is based on your hatred of ones ability to defend himself.

Maybe when you grow up you can look at the evidence. One day your sorry ass may have to defend yourself...Well, I'll be their defending your right to do so...

Maybe crazy but NOT stupid!:eusa_hand:

Whatever in the world do year-old stories about Zimmermann's former bull$hitting have to do with whether or not he's guilty of anything but self-defense in the Murder Trial currently underway?

The answer, of course, is: nothing.

And none of that is going to factor into the deliberations of the sequestered jury, either.

All the Defense needs is 'Reasonable Doubt'.

And the Prosecution itself has supplied plenty of that, in case ya'll haven't noticed.

Does anyone else smell a good ol' fashioned "Not Guilty" verdict just around the corner?
tongue_smile.gif

Former bullshitting? You mean like lying to a judge about money and passports AFTER he murdered Trayvon Martin? That's why his bail jumped from $150k to $1 million plus forced to wear a GPS ankle bracelet.

The judge imposed numerous restrictions. He said that if released from jail again, Zimmerman must submit to electronic monitoring, remain in Seminole County, stay away from the Orlando-Sanford International Airport, refrain from applying for a passport or opening or maintaining a bank account, avoid alcohol and obey a curfew from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m.

More: Why did a Florida judge set Zimmerman's bond at $1 million? (+video) - CSMonitor.com

No one was stalking. Zimmerman wasn't stalking.

He was stealthfully following the victim. The victim noticed and felt threatened.

Ergo, Zimmerman was stalking.

I asked the question earlier and nobody answered me, what is the legal definition of stalking?

Here's your answer:

Zimmerman did not stalk Martin, he merely followed him for a brief time. Stalking is a crime, whereas following someone is not. Those who use the word “stalking” do not know what the word means. I think people use the word because it sounds sinister wheres using the words “following” or “observing” doesn't sound bad. Here is the Florida Statute pertaining to stalking:

Florida Statute 784.084

(2) Any person who willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follows, harasses, or cyberstalks another person commits the offense of stalking, a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

(3) Any person who willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follows, harasses, or cyberstalks another person, and makes a credible threat with the intent to place that person in reasonable fear of death or bodily injury of the person, or the person’s child, sibling, spouse, parent, or dependent, commits the offense of aggravated stalking, a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

The terms “harass and " as used in the above is defined in Section 1 (a) and (b):

(a) “Harass” means to engage in a course of conduct directed at a specific person that causes substantial emotional distress in such person and serves no legitimate purpose.

(b) “Course of conduct” means a pattern of conduct composed of a series of acts over a period of time, however short, evidencing a continuity of purpose. Constitutionally protected activity is not included within the meaning of “course of conduct.” Such constitutionally protected activity includes picketing or other organized protests.

784.048 - - 2011 Florida Statutes - The Florida Senate

Of course, the word “maliciously” means “having or showing a desire to cause harm to someone.” Therefore, in order for Zimmerman to be convicted of stalking, it must be shown that he had a demonstrated a pattern of following Martin over a period of time with the intent to harm him.

Under the law, Zimmerman did nothing which could possibly be construed as stalking as that term is defined by law. Following someone is not stalking him. People use the word stalking because it makes Zimmerman's conduct sound bad.

In this country, if you deck someone just because he is following you (as Zimmerman was following Martin) you can expect to go to jail. You don't get to pummel someone just because you don't like what they're doing.

You're a liar and a fraud Lakota! A class A one ;)

What will you do when someone breaks into your place and starts beating on you. Answer me that!

What have I lied about? If someone breaks in, they eat a couple .357 slugs rather quickly. But, I won't be out in the dark stalking kids while they're minding their own business.

Do you believe that if you're attacked you have the right to defend yourself? Let's say someone is bashing your head into the ground does that give you a right to use "deadly" force(gun, knife, etc) in order to save your own life.
You have the right to punch back.

Could Zimmerman read Martin's mind? I have no idea, but the fact that Martin reached for the gun shows he knew it was there, however it was he knew.
Fact?

I honestly don't know if Martin was a jive-ass young gangsta who was casing houses on his way home or not, or if he attacked Zimmerman in the way Zimmerman tells it. And I don't know if Zimmerman overplayed the situation and unnecessarily provoked the initial violence when it was avoidable. I have no dog in the fight and I won't be disappointed by the outcome.

I know only what I've read and heard, and the only point I've tried to make in this entire thread is Zimmerman's story is worthy of acquittal except for one glaring exception -- that being the part about Martin "seeing" his well-concealed gun. Unless he has provided an exceptionally credible explanation in support of that highly questionable element in his story, I believe it is sufficient to sway the minds of indecisive jurors who are looking for something to hang their hats on.

You're a liar and a fraud Lakota! A class A one ;)

What will you do when someone breaks into your place and starts beating on you. Answer me that!

What have I lied about?

Ummmm... murdering TM?

We don't know that yet.

We know, so far, that GZ killed him.

But indications are for Self-Defense rather than Murder - along with enough Reasonable Doubt to sink a battleship - much of it actually supplied via the incompetency of the Prosecution and the DA's / SA's office.

Besides, that's up to the jury, and they haven't weighed-in on that yet.

We don't get to call him a Murderer until a jury of his peers judges him to be one.

And that hasn't happened yet.

Innocent until proven guilty.

Last edited:
Among them, “this is a serious charge for which life may be imposed; the evidence against him is strong; he has been charged with one prior crime, for which he went through a pre-trial diversion program, and has had an injunction lodged against him” for domestic violence.

Zimmerman has a dishonorable track record.

Has he been convicted of any crime?

Among them, “this is a serious charge for which life may be imposed; the evidence against him is strong; he has been charged with one prior crime, for which he went through a pre-trial diversion program, and has had an injunction lodged against him” for domestic violence.

One can be dishonorable without having actually been convicted of a crime. BTW, Zimmerman and his wife both lied to a judge (under oath) about money and passports.

Am I the only who has noticed this has nothing to do with what happened the night of the shooting?

It has everything to do with what happened that night - Zimmerman's CREDIBILITY.

Which is why his statements have to be corroborated by evidence to be believable. So what does the evidence show happened?

Is there any evidence to show the prosecution's view?

You're fucking crazy for taking a mans ability to defend himself way. Your entire case is based on your hatred of ones ability to defend himself.

Maybe when you grow up you can look at the evidence. One day your sorry ass may have to defend yourself...Well, I'll be their defending your right to do so...

George Zimmerman is the one who has thrown a monkey wrench into our right to defend ourselves. I keep telling you if he walks, there will be copycats and sooner or later, they'll have to crackdown on it hard, and then you'll really be screaming about your rights. Better to send the message now.

One can be dishonorable without having actually been convicted of a crime. BTW, Zimmerman and his wife both lied to a judge (under oath) about money and passports.

You've lied much more often. Maybe not under oath, but then i dont think you should have to take an oath to tell the truth.

Mudwhistle said:
Zimmerman apparently was justified in responding with whatever he had.

That is a hollow assertion considering Z was the catalyst of the whole affair!

You feel Trayvan had every right to pummel somebody he hated because of his race. What does that say about you?

Race? Who said anything about race? Martin had every right to pummel anyone who behaved the way GZ did that night, regardless of race! What does that say about me?

You know, I used to think most blacks were good people, those in my family and those I've met. Turns out most aren't. They can't let go of their racism. Until they do they'll always be in a constant state of turmoil. All of these years whites have been thinking that blacks think like they do. Now, thanks to the Obama Administration, we know the truth. I don't see the difference between a racist black and a KKK member. They're carbon-copies of each other.

I doubt if you ever thought blacks were good people; otherwise you would never mention it! But you don't stop there do you? You go on and on with anecdotal examples that, in reality, are barometers of your own innate racism. It is you and your ilk who cannot let go of racism... It is people like you who fought every effort to assimilate blacks after manumission. Then, when blacks react to your negativity and derision it in kind, you accuse them of being racist. If some of them are racist our forefathers and millions of contemporaries gave and continue to give them license to be racist!

As usual and as expected, Obama's name always surfaces in a negative way in conversations with bigots. Somehow you want to tie him to your justification for hating all Blacks as if he has anything in common with most of them except his skin color.

In one fell swoop, you put all blacks in one basket and label all of them racist

You've lied much more often. Maybe not under oath, but then i dont think you should have to take an oath to tell the truth.

Please do the Christian thing and tell me when and where I've lied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back