The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I agree. A chance to walk not taken is a major factor.

Consider it like this.
I see you, walking alone at night, and I follow you, and demand to know what you are doing. You are frightened, and ignore me, trying to get away.
I continue to follow you, and you feel more threatened, like your life might be in danger.
In self defense, you turn around and hit me, and tell me to leave you alone. I pull out my gun and shoot you, and claim that my life was in danger, and therefore I had the right to shoot.

But if I hadn't followed you in the first place, the incidence wouldn't have occurred.

The situation with George and Trayvon could have been prevented - George didn't have to follow, but he chose to.

Being able to have made a better decsion does not make you criminally liable for the results, unless the results are criminal. Also, according to the evidence in the trial so far, zimmerman had given up his pursuit. At that point Martin becomes the pursuer.

An altercation starts when "fighting words" are used, or physical force is initiated. You dont have the right to pop someone following you unless you feel in iminent danger.

Exactly. Martin was home free, but decided he was so angry that he went back and confronted GZ.

If I were in a neighbor hood watch program, I would not try forcible detainer if told by police not to do so.

You must adhere strictly to the rules if you are in the neighborhood watch:

If you are watching in a GATED FUCKING COMMUNITY, members of a race with special privileges , can enter as if they were in the Cabrini projects. Say an emphatic hello and give them the master key to every house.

Take pictures of yourself hugging him and email them to Angela Corey. Afterwards give him your cell phone. That's what homies do.

NOW you're just being ridiculous.

I think I agree. A chance to walk not taken is a major factor.

Consider it like this.
I see you, walking alone at night, and I follow you, and demand to know what you are doing. You are frightened, and ignore me, trying to get away.
I continue to follow you, and you feel more threatened, like your life might be in danger.
In self defense, you turn around and hit me, and tell me to leave you alone. I pull out my gun and shoot you, and claim that my life was in danger, and therefore I had the right to shoot.

But if I hadn't followed you in the first place, the incidence wouldn't have occurred.

The situation with George and Trayvon could have been prevented - George didn't have to follow, but he chose to.

Punching someone because you are paranoid is not self defense. Trayvon wasn't scared. Trayvon walked right up to George's truck. You'll find this out when the jury brings back it's verdict.

I wouldn't be so sure. I don't have faith in a jury in cases like this. I feel that they will look for something, anything to charge him with.

Question, why hasn't the judge dismissed the case yet due to Obama/Holder/DOJ sticking their noses in this dilemma? She is aware of this, isn't she?

The judge isn't going to dismiss the case. She wants the albatross around someone else's neck when he walks away a free man. (Either from acquittal or appeal)

Consider it like this.

Punching someone because you are paranoid is not self defense. Trayvon wasn't scared. Trayvon walked right up to George's truck. You'll find this out when the jury brings back it's verdict.

I wouldn't be so sure. I don't have faith in a jury in cases like this. I feel that they will look for something, anything to charge him with.

They may feel like they have to go the manslaughter route just to please the natives.

Am I wrong or did the prosecution LIE during their closing arguments?

The state's attorney told the jury yesterday that as Zimmerman was being handcuffed, he said to his neighbor who was on the phone with Zimmerman's wife, "Tell her I killed someone".

That is a lie.

That neighbor had previously testified that Zimmerman has said "Tell her I shot someone".

Big frickin' difference!

The state basically claimed that the defendant confessed and that he lied to the police when he later claimed he didn't know if TM was dead or alive when he did no such thing! That's outrageous!

I can't believe the defense lawyers didn't object.

Did anyone catch this? Am I missing something?

You are correct.
Maybe defense will use it against the State?

I find that incredible. He should be disbarred for such an outrage! Is there no law preventing state prosecutors from lying in order to obtain a conviction? Are they not under oath to tell the truth just like everyone else?

Shame!

According to the Code of Professional Ethics a lawyer must 'fervently' represent his client. However, perpetrating a fraud upon the court is against the rules. They are not sworn in at each trial, but rather must take the Admission Oath when they are admitted to their state Bar. Here is Florida's:

Oath of Admission to the Florida Bar:

“I do solemnly swear:

“I will support the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State of Florida;

“I will maintain the respect due to courts of justice and judicial officers;

“I will not counsel or maintain any suit or proceedings which shall appear to me to be unjust, nor any defense except such as I believe to be honestly debatable under the law of the land;

“I will employ, for the purpose of maintaining the causes confided in me such means only as are consistent with truth and honor, and will never seek to mislead the judge or jury by any artifice or false statement of fact or law;

“I will maintain the confidence and preserve inviolate the secrets of my clients, and will accept no compensation in connection with their business except from them or with their knowledge and approval;

“To opposing parties and their counsel, I pledge fairness, integrity, and civility, not only in court, but also in all written and oral communications;

“I will abstain from all offensive personality and advance no fact prejudicial to the honor or reputation of a party or witness, unless required by the justice of the cause with which I am charged;

“I will never reject, from any consideration personal to myself, the cause of the defenseless or oppressed, or delay anyone’s cause for lucre or malice. So help me God.”

Florida Bar Oath | jacksonville.com

Do you believe that if you're attacked you have the right to defend yourself? Let's say someone is bashing your head into the ground does that give you a right to use "deadly" force(gun, knife, etc) in order to save your own life.

Is it your opinion then, that any participant in a fist fight has the right to shoot or stab any other participant?

Do you feel also that when someone is shot and dies, and the shooter is the only living witness... That we should accept the shooter's recollection of events as absolute? :confused:

People keep trying to make this about race. It's not. This is a case of gun nuts propping up gun nuts.

You are correct.

I find that incredible. He should be disbarred for such an outrage! Is there no law preventing state prosecutors from lying in order to obtain a conviction? Are they not under oath to tell the truth just like everyone else?

Shame!

the state had several lies and lies by omission as well as hiding evidence favorable to the
defense

plus the judge has erred on several points some serious

which will be reviewed after the conclusion of this trial

Bernie ( may God take his voice away ) based his entire closing on the insinuations that Zimmerman lied and was therefor guilty. Mr. Stamina knows this and will surgical point out the lies that B committed while calling George a liar.

You are correct.

Shame!

According to the Code of Professional Ethics a lawyer must 'fervently' represent his client. However, perpetrating a fraud upon the court is against the rules. They are not sworn in at each trial, but rather must take the Admission Oath when they are admitted to their state Bar. Here is Florida's:

“I do solemnly swear:

“I will support the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State of Florida;

“I will not counsel or maintain any suit or proceedings which shall appear to me to be unjust, nor any defense except such as I believe to be honestly debatable under the law of the land;

“I will employ, for the purpose of maintaining the causes confided in me such means only as are consistent with truth and honor, and will never seek to mislead the judge or jury by any artifice or false statement of fact or law;

“I will maintain the confidence and preserve inviolate the secrets of my clients, and will accept no compensation in connection with their business except from them or with their knowledge and approval;

“To opposing parties and their counsel, I pledge fairness, integrity, and civility, not only in court, but also in all written and oral communications;

“I will abstain from all offensive personality and advance no fact prejudicial to the honor or reputation of a party or witness, unless required by the justice of the cause with which I am charged;

“I will never reject, from any consideration personal to myself, the cause of the defenseless or oppressed, or delay anyone’s cause for lucre or malice. So help me God.”

That prosecutor should therefore be disbarred.

Shame!

the state had several lies and lies by omission as well as hiding evidence favorable to the
defense

plus the judge has erred on several points some serious

which will be reviewed after the conclusion of this trial

Bernie ( may God take his voice away ) based his entire closing on the insinuations that Zimmerman lied and was therefor guilty. Mr. Stamina knows this and will surgical point out the lies that B committed while calling George a liar.

yes after omara finishes today

there will be sad angry faces on cnn and hln

--LOL

Shame!

“I do solemnly swear:

I agree. Anyone may write the Florida bar about him. Even you, if you so choose.

Shame!

“I do solemnly swear:

as a minimum

I believe if attacked you have the right to defend yourself. I don't think if you provoke a fight that you have the right to shoot the person your fighting when you start losing.

Shame!

“I do solemnly swear:

They should also nail him with...

I will abstain from all offensive personality

... for his repetitive screaming of the curse words George used. Once or twice should have been enough, not the 31 times Bernie did it.

I believe if attacked you have the right to defend yourself. I don't think if you provoke a fight that you have the right to shoot the person your fighting when you start losing.

Following someone is not provoking fight. If it were I could legitimately beat the shit out of everyone standing behind me in a checkout line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back