The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find that incredible. He should be disbarred for such an outrage! Is there no law preventing state prosecutors from lying in order to obtain a conviction? Are they not under oath to tell the truth just like everyone else?

Shame!

the state had several lies and lies by omission as well as hiding evidence favorable to the
defense

plus the judge has erred on several points some serious

which will be reviewed after the conclusion of this trial

Reviewed by who? I don't think anything will come of it. Unless there's something Stamina can file and pursue.

the sanctions are still floating around

if found guilty

there are plenty of issues as well

take the texts for example

the judge can not have it both ways

she originally "authenticated" martins cell phone for the state

then when defense came to bat she claimed the phone not authenticated

i read that this is not only a reversible error

but one that the DCA would acquit zimmerman for

the state had several lies and lies by omission as well as hiding evidence favorable to the
defense

Reviewed by who? I don't think anything will come of it. Unless there's something Stamina can file and pursue.

The judiciary polices its own. They are taught in baby judge school when they don't know something to bluster and blow and fake it, so I don't think the judiciary will take her on. The voters might though.

im not sure of that the DCA intervened on her already

defense

if found guilty

If it goes to DCA it will be a different story, I agree, and there's plenty to support that. If it goes the other way with verdict we'll have to be satisfied with that justice because it will end there.

Is she ruling on the sanctions when the jury is out or when?

The judiciary polices its own. They are taught in baby judge school when they don't know something to bluster and blow and fake it, so I don't think the judiciary will take her on. The voters might though.

Sunshine is absolutely right. Read back our posts.

Something would have to be filed with dca for any action.

if found guilty

If it goes to DCA it will be a different story, I agree, and there's plenty to support that. If it goes the other way with verdict we'll have to be satisfied with that justice because it will end there.

i dont think so but maybe

i dont think west is going to let it go

Sunshine is absolutely right. Read back our posts.

Something would have to be filed with dca for any action.

no not really

if zimmerman is found not guilty

the bar would be the next step

if found guilty

And he shouldn't. She said they would take it back up later in trial.

defense

if found guilty

He can file an appeal based on 'abuse of discretion' by the judge. Happens all the time. Few are acquitted. Only if the decision would have changed the outcome of the case. Not as punishment for the judge.

And he shouldn't. She said they would take it back up later in trial.

i did get to see wests reaction to the state

attempting to add another charge

--LOL

You mean that is what might have happened. But as I've mentioned it seems very odd Martin first runs away, but then comes out of nowhere and attacks him? That doesn't seem very weird to you given Marten has no history of violence?
OK. So we know that Martin ran away, because Zimmerman said so. I think there was testimony to that effect as well.
So how did the two end up encountering each other again?
1) Zimmerman ran after Martin and caught up to him and confronted him. Unlikely given the physical disparity.
2) Zimmerman laid in wait for martin and confronted him when he re-appeared. Unlikely. Zimmerman had no idea where Martin was going or whether he would be back that way.
3) Martin doubled back to confront Zimmerman. The official story. Seems the most likely. Why? To teach Zimmerman a lesson. To cover his tracks because he was n fact casing the house. To intimidate Zimmerman so he wouldn't finger Martin in a later break in. To get even with Zimmerman because he dissed him by looking at him. Lots of possibilities here. But all of them point to Martin initiating the second fatal contact.

I agree he probably ran away. What Zimmerman said pre shooting is probably true. Now what he said post shooting that is questionable.
1.) Your assuming this is a race and Martin ran away as fast as he could. I would argue he may have just jogged off until he was around the corner then walked. I see no reason Zimmerman couldn't have caught up to him if he wanted.
2.) I agree it is unlikely Zimmerman would expect Martin to come back.
3.) To me it seems like Martin would have a long record of batteries if he was so easily offended. But he doesn't and that's why I see this option as unlikely.

One interesting thing I've read is that Zimmerman didn't have any of Martin's blood on him? He shot somebody who was on top of him in the heart and had no blood on him?

So Martin jogs off around the corner and Zimmerman comes running up after him and Martin doesn't hear any of this, even though he's alerted to Zimmerman's presence earlier? No, I dont think so.
Martin was only 17 so it is easy to imagine he didnt have a long record.

The dna evidence was clearly screwed up by both the rain and the police at the scene. We've had testimony to that effect.

question

did anyone count how many times

the bernster said

F ing punks

Yes I did.

He said f'n punks 10 times, and also played it on tape once, and put it in his power point twice.

Also he said assholes 11 times, on tape twice and on screen 3 times.

M'fer was said once by Bernie and once on tape.

Last edited:
There is no evidence to suggest that either initiated the confrontation. All we know is that at some point TM was on top of GZ bashing his head into the ground and the GZ shot TM. None of that suggests either initiated things. Nobody will ever know besides GZ what happened.
There is evidence. Zimmernan's own statement. If you want to say it isn't reliable you will need to provide counter evidence. And tehre is none.
Tracy Martin was put on the stand as Trayvon's father. Everyone assumes he is Trayvon's father. But no one has produced a DNA test that proves that. Capiche?

So.. the one person who has the most to loose is who is telling the truth? Wow

I realize now that since you're black you aren't the brightest bulb. But unless you have some kind of conflicting evidence there is no reason to doubt Zimmerman's story. If you bring something to contradict it we can talk. But you have nothing.

There is no evidence to suggest that either initiated the confrontation. All we know is that at some point TM was on top of GZ bashing his head into the ground and the GZ shot TM. None of that suggests either initiated things. Nobody will ever know besides GZ what happened.
There is evidence. Zimmernan's own statement. If you want to say it isn't reliable you will need to provide counter evidence. And tehre is none.
Tracy Martin was put on the stand as Trayvon's father. Everyone assumes he is Trayvon's father. But no one has produced a DNA test that proves that. Capiche?

Zimmerman is known liar, he lied at his bond hearing about his finances. He cannot be trusted to tell the truth.

As to your second point, that is a bunch of nonsense. Was a DNA test provided to prove Gladys Zimmerman and Jose Meza are George's mother and uncle?
He is hardly a "known liar" any more than you are. Actually less.
Good point on the DNA test for Zimmerman's side. Maybe they really aren't his mother and uncle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back