The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
..."in the anals of history next to Medgar Evers and Emmett Till"

Agenda acknowledged at 2:47

Last edited by a moderator:
How can you sue free speech the cornerstone of the media?

The defamation suit against NBC/Universal is based on the editing of the 911 call to make out Z to be a racist.

Zimmerman’s suit stated that “NBC created this false and defamatory misimpression using the oldest form of yellow journalism: manipulating Zimmerman’s own words, splicing together disparate parts of the recording to create the illusion of statements that Zimmerman never actually made.”

NBC News apologized to viewers for the incident, but after the suit was filed it vowed to “vigorously defend our position in court.” Zimmerman’s legal team contend that the network never apologized to him.

“There was no intent to portray Mr. Zimmerman unfairly,” the network said. In a legal response, the network noted how other news outlets were reporting on the issue of race and that they, too, were forced to edit the 911 call.

Two defendants in the defamation suit, reporter Lilia Rodriguez Luciano and producer Jeff Burnside, were terminated in spring, 2012, after stories surfaced about the editing of the calls.

George Zimmerman Verdict Gives New Wrinkle to Libel Case Against NBC | Variety

Wasn't that just an isolated incident mistakenly done by a handful of people? And how does one story out of many thousands show there was malice? One story when everyone is working on that same thing shouldn't convince anyone.

Jesse Jackson, once again, proves he is a racist sexist.

"JACKSON: Well, it was a stretch, trying to avoid the obvious. There was no--you speak of jury of your peers: there was no man on the jury—Trayvon was a black boy—there was no man, no black on the jury. So at least the idea of jury of your peers was a stretch all the while."

The jury is for Zimmerman first of all not trayvon.
"there was no man, no black on the jury". So fucking what Jesse. Are white women incapable of understanding the law?

Nope.

They should legally arm themselves in ALL the states, both northern and southern.

But the threshold in most states is 21 for CCW.

It is usually illegal for any minor to own a firearm, generally.

Not here.

We are happy with our gun laws.

You guys have different laws.

I think black folks should take advantage of them.

While the courts may not provide the same sort of protection for them if the off a white guy that they think means them harm.

Prison is better then dead.

And if it's legal? You still have a shot.:eek:

If a Hispanic guy is beating the crap out of a black guy they should get to shoot them all day long. Same if its a white, asian, whatever. I don't see the problem.

It seems the legal system doesn't share your views.

Florida woman sentenced to 20 years in controversial warning shot case - CNN.com

In Southern states.

I am sure most of the pro-gun people would support that.

they are already armed in Chicago...Oh legally? would that matter?

72 Shot in Chicago in Wave of Holiday Weekend Violence

72 Shot in Chicago in Wave of Holiday Weekend Violence | NBC Chicago

and, since stats show what, over 80% of gun violence involving blacks is, with another black, yes they need to defend themselves Sallow, you've outdone yourself, you got right to the nub of the matter.

I am all for the right to return fire when fired upon.... yup that sounds like a great 'Progressive' move...... :rolleyes:

For three weeks I watched the George Zimmerman trial, I researched case law, and picked the brains of other posters qualified in the law. From the moment Zimmerman was arrested, I knew he was a political target. And then from that moment on, I knew he wasn't guilty of anything.

From the moment he was arrested you knew he wasn't guilty of anything?

lol, this from the same guy who insisted obsessively that I had to PROVE Obama wasn't guilty in the IRS affair,

or I'd lost the argument.

You people are funny.

I can guarantee that he also 'knew' OJ was guilty from the moment he heard anything about the incident.

I bet you would much rather troll than speak. Speaking requires actual thought. Thought is an ability you have yet to master.

More post verdict media coverage:

The NAACP, the Rev. Jesse Jackson and other civil rights activists are calling on the U.S. Department of Justice and Attorney Gen. Eric Holder to press federal civil rights charges against George Zimmerman, the former neighborhood watchman who was acquitted by a Sanford, Fla., jury Saturday in the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

“The most fundamental of civil rights — the right to life — was violated the night George Zimmerman stalked and then took the life of Trayvon Martin," NAACP President Ben Jealous wrote in a letter to Holder shortly after the verdict was announced. "We ask that the Department of Justice file civil rights charges against Mr. Zimmerman for this egregious violation. Please address the travesties of the tragic death of Trayvon Martin by acting today.”

“This verdict represents a tragic miscarriage of justice," Barbara Arnwine, president of the Washington, D.C.-based Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law, said in a statement. "Yet, there is still the potential for justice to be served through a civil suit brought about by Trayvon Martin’s surviving family members, and also through civil rights charges being brought against Mr. Zimmerman by the Department of Justice."

The Justice Dept. launched a probe of the Zimmerman case earlier this year, but has yet to comment on Zimmerman's acquittal.
“If we find evidence of a potential federal criminal civil rights crime, we will take appropriate action," Holder said in April during a keynote speech to Al Sharpton's National Action Network convention. "And at every step, the facts and law will guide us forward.”
DOJ urged to press civil rights charges against Zimmerman

This is C.R.A.Z.Y.

Don't they have an economy to fix or something?

Yep, but they don't know how to do that. But they do know how to race bait and stir up emotional responses and keep the public focused on a racist George Zimmerman. It is a way to keep media coverage off of more embarrassing things. And they have a mostly surrogate media quite willing to aid and abet them in that strategy.

In Southern states.

They do already.
More American's need to exercise their 2nd amendment rights, be they Black, Brown, Yellow or White.
30% of Blacks legally own guns compared to 43% White.
This is not a racial issue. It is a 2nd amendment right for all Americans to legally own a gun.

An armed society is a polite society. If we were all armed, Trayvon Martin would be alive today.

Of course they should be armed. Especially in black areas. Thugs like Trayvon Martin would just be using a perceived right to do drive bys.

For three weeks I watched the George Zimmerman trial, I researched case law, and picked the brains of other posters qualified in the law. From the moment Zimmerman was arrested, I knew he was a political target. And then from that moment on, I knew he wasn't guilty of anything. This man was used and vilified by a good many people here. To those I say, you were wrong. To those who thought this was some sort of game: You were wrong. As for those who chose to exploit the pain and grief of a mother and father who lost their child in all of this, you were wrong as well.

You were wrong for making assumptions without base about a man you hardly ever knew. This issue was filled with the disease of racism and politics. Not only did we dishonor the memory of the fallen in doing so, we disrespected the family of the survivor. This entire thing reeked of hatred. Now I must ask you: What if you were the one being falsely accused for defending yourself? What if you became a political target for ruthless persecution and vilification? What does it matter who followed who? To lose a child, you must know pain on a personal level nobody else can imagine.

Throughout this trial, the idiocy of the charges brought against George Zimmerman were clearly revealed. The motivations behind them were made clearer. Yet some of us chose to succumb to the disinformation fed to them by the media and by their party. But now I hope, since Zimmerman has been found not guilty by the due diligence of a jury of his peers and his attorneys, that this serves a lesson to some. Politics can never get in the way of justice. For those of us who thought this was an issue of race. You were wrong. Justice will always prevail.

Zimmerman should never have been charged. The exculpatory evidence was overwhelming. Had it not been for attention whore politicians and media personalities intervening and brushing aside what was a thorough local police investigation that had also found Zimmerman not guilty, this circus would never have happened.

Of course we know that the president and the left in general will never miss an opportunity to divide Americans along racial and economic lines, in order to reap the benefits.

And now they are cheapening the memory of famed civil rights leaders like Dr Martin Luther King Jr by invoking their names in a case that had absolutely nothing to do about race.

Someone should remind them the children's story about a boy that cried wolf.

Angela Corey was put in place after her predecessor wisely chose not to arrest him for lack of evidence. There was widespread corruption and submission to political pressure all around. The media hyped this thing up and turned it into a drumhead trial. They all but ruined the man's life, all because they wanted a target for their faux outrage.

Last edited:
How can you sue free speech the cornerstone of the media?

The defamation suit against NBC/Universal is based on the editing of the 911 call to make out Z to be a racist.

Zimmerman’s suit stated that “NBC created this false and defamatory misimpression using the oldest form of yellow journalism: manipulating Zimmerman’s own words, splicing together disparate parts of the recording to create the illusion of statements that Zimmerman never actually made.”

NBC News apologized to viewers for the incident, but after the suit was filed it vowed to “vigorously defend our position in court.” Zimmerman’s legal team contend that the network never apologized to him.

“There was no intent to portray Mr. Zimmerman unfairly,” the network said. In a legal response, the network noted how other news outlets were reporting on the issue of race and that they, too, were forced to edit the 911 call.

Two defendants in the defamation suit, reporter Lilia Rodriguez Luciano and producer Jeff Burnside, were terminated in spring, 2012, after stories surfaced about the editing of the calls.

George Zimmerman Verdict Gives New Wrinkle to Libel Case Against NBC | Variety

Wasn't that just an isolated incident mistakenly done by a handful of people? And how does one story out of many thousands show there was malice? One story when everyone is working on that same thing shouldn't convince anyone.

I agree that there is probably no libel case. But you say "mistakenly"?

You really think it was "mistakenly"? It was deliberate and manufactured to gain sympathy and viewership.

In Southern states.

Nope.

They should legally arm themselves in ALL the states, both northern and southern.

Not here.

While the courts may not provide the same sort of protection for them if the off a white guy that they think means them harm.

links please?

And what may make a tragedy even more tragic is that this likely isn't over for Zimmerman.

The story now is that the DOJ will likely bring violation of civil rights charges against Zimmerman and, because of presumed wrongful death, that could include prison time up to and including life imprisonment or even the death penalty. The NAACP is pushing for that.

And, the Martins have allegedly received over a million dollars in contributions for the purpose of going after Zimmerman on their own civil wrongful death suit that could drain him of every asset he owns.

The only ace in the hole Zimmerman holds is an innocent verdict in the the criminal trial and that the evidence the judge wouldn't allow in the trial would be fair game from now on--the photos, the text messages and tweets, the marijuana and women's jewelry, the whole nine yards. If the Martins really want to preserve the reputation of their son, they will ask everybody to now drop it and move on.

qft

A lot of people still think Zimmerman killed a cherub.

Each new legal action is a chance to show who it was Zimmerman was actually dealing with.

p.s. I thought I'd heard that the feds already did an investigation for civil rights violations and found no grounds to charge him. Did I hear that wrong?

Last edited:
Nope.

Not here.

I hate to be the one to burst your bubble, but New York, New Jersey, and Massachusetts do not constitute the entirety of the Northern States.

And Maryland as much as we loathe to admit it, is a Southern State.

Rtc2.gif

File:Rtc2.gif - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pwned!!!!

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back