The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Trayvon had been a white child and Zimmerman a Black man he would have been charged immediately and the would have been found guilty of first degree premeditated murder with special circumstances because he was a child and he would have got the death sentence.
Zimmermans's own words and action will convict him of a hate crime. Which he can be charge and tried for. Afro-American leader will not let this child death be in vain. There will also be a investigation of Trayvon's civil right be violated by the sheriff department,etc.

Bullshit! Nothing in Zimmerman's past indicated any racism, nothing brought out in the trial indicated that he profiled the race of Martin.

Now, you indicate that black leaders are going to pursue Zimmerman based on revenge.

This is nothing but a witch hunt, time to grow up and move on.

Hundreds of blacks have been killed over the last year, why do we only care about one?

LOL

I jumped into the Borg for a minute. Hole E. Stupidity.

There are so many threats on there it's in sane.

This is my favorite response to one of them:
"NSA is now following you good luck with that"

:rofl: Guest on HLN says the Zimmermans should "just shut up".

That's right, only the race baiters should be allowed to talk now. :cuckoo:

Just watched Zimmerman's brother annihilate the two CNN dunces interrogating him. He made them look like the Dumbed-Down 'White Guilt' buffoons they are. He destroyed them with logic & reason. The man is pretty impressive.

Must have video!

So far, not much ugliness.
The Oakland police dispatch office said about 100 people protested, with some in the crowd breaking windows on businesses and starting small fires in the streets. As the protest wound down with the crowd dispersing, the office said that as of 2 a.m. PDT it had no word of any arrests.

Local media reports said some Oakland marchers vandalized a police squad car and police formed a line to block the protesters' path.

The Oakland Tribune said some windows on the newspaper's downtown offices were broken, and footage from a television helicopter show people attempting to start fires in the street and spray painting anti-police graffiti.

Yeah, the dude surprised me. I think the two CNN dunces were surprised too. They had him 2 against 1, yet he mopped the floor with em. Just goes to show, when Media dunces are forced away from their scripts, they're absolutely useless. They're just lucky their ear-pieces saved em a bit. Someone in the control room bailed em out somewhat. lol.

In Southern states.

I am sure most of the pro-gun people would support that.

Nope.

They should legally arm themselves in ALL the states, both northern and southern.

But the threshold in most states is 21 for CCW.

It is usually illegal for any minor to own a firearm, generally.

Not here.

We are happy with our gun laws.

You guys have different laws.

I think black folks should take advantage of them.

While the courts may not provide the same sort of protection for them if the off a white guy that they think means them harm.

Prison is better then dead.

And if it's legal? You still have a shot.:eek:

Wow - Sunny - watch the Stamina video above.

He so. gets. it.

Has he been reading our thread??

I don't have frickin' sound on my computer. I'll find the youtube and bookmark for when I purchase a new monitor. Mine blitzed out a few weeks ago.

If you have a headphone jack on your computer, you can get a small set of speakers and plug into that.

Much cheaper than a new monitor. :thup:

I have some headphones. I'll hunt them down and check it out.

Wow - Sunny - watch the Stamina video above.

He so. gets. it.

Has he been reading our thread??

I don't have frickin' sound on my computer. I'll find the youtube and bookmark for when I purchase a new monitor. Mine blitzed out a few weeks ago.

In the meantime, you could get some stand-alone speakers.

I have some Creative brand external computer speakers I got from Walmart for $20.

Computer Speakers for Less - Walmart.com

Was just thinking that I prolly have some in my 'computer cemetery.'

The Martin shooting was just that... a shooting... that kicked-up a lot of dust along the way, but, in the final analysis, it was a shooting... one of thousands each year... and this will fade from memory far more quickly than most anti-Zimmerman folk would like to admit in the heat of this particular moment.

Five years from now, if you mention the Zimmerman trial, you'll get blank stares and a pregnant pause before somebody goes: "Uhhhh... oh... yeah... right... I remember that one. Big fuss at the time. That guy went free, didn't he? Yeah. Well, the jury called it as they saw it, I guess. Oh, by the way... speaking about history trivia..."

Garrre-ronnn-teeeed.

In the end, this was nothing more than a high-profile shooting case; prior to bigmouth Al Sharpton, et al, raggin' the local DA's office, nobody'd ever heard of Zimmerman or Martin, and it almost slipped off the scope for lack-of-charges before it even got underway.

Its only long-term value will be as a Case Study or Object Lesson in criminal law - how NOT to prepare or prosecute the State's case.

Last edited:
Obama Satanists?

I have masonic friends who think co-masons are the forces of evil.

Several of the folks in this thread are truly unbalanced. 2nd, quit tipping like that, you will fall over.

More post verdict media coverage:

The NAACP, the Rev. Jesse Jackson and other civil rights activists are calling on the U.S. Department of Justice and Attorney Gen. Eric Holder to press federal civil rights charges against George Zimmerman, the former neighborhood watchman who was acquitted by a Sanford, Fla., jury Saturday in the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

“The most fundamental of civil rights — the right to life — was violated the night George Zimmerman stalked and then took the life of Trayvon Martin," NAACP President Ben Jealous wrote in a letter to Holder shortly after the verdict was announced. "We ask that the Department of Justice file civil rights charges against Mr. Zimmerman for this egregious violation. Please address the travesties of the tragic death of Trayvon Martin by acting today.”

“This verdict represents a tragic miscarriage of justice," Barbara Arnwine, president of the Washington, D.C.-based Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law, said in a statement. "Yet, there is still the potential for justice to be served through a civil suit brought about by Trayvon Martin’s surviving family members, and also through civil rights charges being brought against Mr. Zimmerman by the Department of Justice."

The Justice Dept. launched a probe of the Zimmerman case earlier this year, but has yet to comment on Zimmerman's acquittal.
“If we find evidence of a potential federal criminal civil rights crime, we will take appropriate action," Holder said in April during a keynote speech to Al Sharpton's National Action Network convention. "And at every step, the facts and law will guide us forward.”
DOJ urged to press civil rights charges against Zimmerman

Didn't the Zimmtards say that he would be found guilty because they were afraid that a not-guilty verdict would lead to mass riots by angry blacks?

So much for that racist conspiracy theory.

Don't get you way and now go to name calling. My kids did that and then they turned six, when do you turn six?

I suppose the neighborhood watch dude who raped a woman in my town will just be let go, too. It's been two years and nobody knows anything. Like the matter has just been dropped. Shoved under the rug. I've tried to find out some information to no avail. And I'm afraid if I keep pushing the issue I'll become a target of some kind.

That's interesting.

Do you have a link to that story?

From the information given it's hard to tell what happened. The dude will be let go. That gives the impression that the dude is in custody, otherwise he can't be let go. Then there's a comment that its been two years and no one knows anything. This indicates that they have no idea who committed the crime, no one is in custody and no one to let go.

Ah, yes. Conflicts of Law. I had PTSD after that class! So you MUST understand if I forgot something.

Here's a decent argument against the dual sovereignty thingy, I should say 'doctrine.' It is long but here is the conclusion, with which I whole heartedly agree.

Conclusion
The dual sovereignty doctrine regarding successive state and federal
prosecutions as presently applied is repugnant to the spirit of
the constitutional protections guaranteed by the Double Jeopardy
Clause. The principle of dual sovereignty lacks foundation in the
text, history and structure of the Bill of Rights. Moreover, the policy
rationale and the precedents upon which the Court has upheld
the doctrine have been undermined.

http://ir.lawnet.fordham.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1961&context=ulj

So, can I hope for to get another O'Mara fix anytime soon? If so, I'll put my money on him.

I am a fan of Gene Volokh... UCLA con law prof. Here is a link to a recent blog on the Volokh Conspiracy website concerning this issue:

The Volokh Conspiracy » Cert Petition Asks Court to Overturn ?Dual Sovereignty? Doctrine in Double Jeopardy Law

Thanks Le_45!

[MENTION=43021]legaleagle_45[/MENTION]

Another site bookmarked.

Last edited:
More post verdict media coverage:

The NAACP, the Rev. Jesse Jackson and other civil rights activists are calling on the U.S. Department of Justice and Attorney Gen. Eric Holder to press federal civil rights charges against George Zimmerman, the former neighborhood watchman who was acquitted by a Sanford, Fla., jury Saturday in the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

“The most fundamental of civil rights — the right to life — was violated the night George Zimmerman stalked and then took the life of Trayvon Martin," NAACP President Ben Jealous wrote in a letter to Holder shortly after the verdict was announced. "We ask that the Department of Justice file civil rights charges against Mr. Zimmerman for this egregious violation. Please address the travesties of the tragic death of Trayvon Martin by acting today.”

“This verdict represents a tragic miscarriage of justice," Barbara Arnwine, president of the Washington, D.C.-based Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law, said in a statement. "Yet, there is still the potential for justice to be served through a civil suit brought about by Trayvon Martin’s surviving family members, and also through civil rights charges being brought against Mr. Zimmerman by the Department of Justice."

The Justice Dept. launched a probe of the Zimmerman case earlier this year, but has yet to comment on Zimmerman's acquittal.
“If we find evidence of a potential federal criminal civil rights crime, we will take appropriate action," Holder said in April during a keynote speech to Al Sharpton's National Action Network convention. "And at every step, the facts and law will guide us forward.”
DOJ urged to press civil rights charges against Zimmerman

This is C.R.A.Z.Y.

Don't they have an economy to fix or something?

Ah, yes. Conflicts of Law. I had PTSD after that class! So you MUST understand if I forgot something.

Here's a decent argument against the dual sovereignty thingy, I should say 'doctrine.' It is long but here is the conclusion, with which I whole heartedly agree.

http://ir.lawnet.fordham.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1961&context=ulj

So, can I hope for to get another O'Mara fix anytime soon? If so, I'll put my money on him.

I am a fan of Gene Volokh... UCLA con law prof. Here is a link to a recent blog on the Volokh Conspiracy website concerning this issue:

The Volokh Conspiracy » Cert Petition Asks Court to Overturn ?Dual Sovereignty? Doctrine in Double Jeopardy Law

Thanks Le_45!

You guys do realize that you are using sanity in your positions. This does not settle well with those on a witch hunt and are letting emotions rule and not law.

Thanks Le_45!

You guys do realize that you are using sanity in your positions. This does not settle well with those on a witch hunt and are letting emotions rule and not law.

We've been battling witch hunters for a couple months. We're professionals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back