The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Trayvon had been a white child and Zimmerman a Black man he would have been charged immediately and the would have been found guilty of first degree premeditated murder with special circumstances because he was a child and he would have got the death sentence.

If the media's account of the incident had been accurate Zimmerman would be sitting in jail right now.

"Many people are stalked and the DOJ isn't involved, I can't think of one case where that has happened. Profiling, Zimmerman was not profiled, that has been proven.
Denying a person a right to life is another huge stretch.
The Martin family could certainly sue based on these laws but the government really has no case and could be at risk of violating double jeopardy laws.

----------------------------------

Really? Stay tuned son .... The DOJ indicted the criminals in the lynchings of blacks in Madison FL and Groveland FL in the '40's
Well before the Civil Rights Act of 1964

:)[/QUOTE]

the difference being those Republicans bringing charges against Drmocrats that really do the lynchings

Before any of you libtards go off on strawman arguments, there were people on both sides of the issue and both sides of the political spectrum who thought there would be violence. NOBODY that I know stated as a fact that there would be. Police forces all over the country were prepared, the NSA was prepared, the MSM speculated on it, and various tweets were publicized saying there would be.

It wasn't just the right wingers.

If Trayvon had been a white child and Zimmerman a Black man he would have been charged immediately and the would have been found guilty of first degree premeditated murder with special circumstances because he was a child and he would have got the death sentence.
Zimmermans's own words and action will convict him of a hate crime. Which he can be charge and tried for.

Bingo!

Enter the Federal Government ....

:)

Last night I realized just how brilliant Stamina and his partner Wild (West) truly are:

They managed to completely and perfectly work both the courtroom and the court of public opinion. By their motions regarding the discovery violations, et al, and their fight over the text messages and toxicology report, etc., they exposed everything for the public to see. And they placed it on the record without sullying themselves or their client in front of the jury. Nor did they sully the reputation of Trayvon Martin. I don't think they ever intended to use the tox report in front of the jury because that would have been seen as disrespectful. But the fact it is on the record is enough. Now that's the essence of class, IMHO.

Absolutely brilliant lawyering. I am sure attorneys here can better appreciate and explain the strategy, much more than I can. But in years to come this case will be looked at as a great example of superb defense work.

:clap:

Last edited:
It's time for young black men to sober up, get off the weed, and stop jumping adults in the middle of the night who are carrying a concealed weapon - precisely for that reason.

Double jeopardy would apply though only if the DOJ went after Zimmerman on a wrongful death charge. They wouldn't. They would go after him on a civil rights violation. And the way this administration bends whatever rules they wish to accomplish whatever they want to do, I guarantee you they will do that if they think there is political capital to be gained. I'm sure they are conducting public opinion information as we speak. If enough of their constituency approves of them proceeding, then they will. And if you go by most of our more leftists friends here--you know the current administration's constituency--well. . . . .

How is that humanly possible when they interviewed over 30 people and closed the investigation as unfounded - even in their world how is that possible?

I believe that a federal prosecution on civil rights charges is not going to happen... oops lets edit that :

oops lets edit that to this:

If Holder brings a Civil Rights action against GZ, he should be impeached
.... oops lets edit that to this:

If Holder brings a Civil Rights action against GZ, he should be tarred and feathered.

[MENTION=43021]legaleagle_45[/MENTION]

Can I watch?

oops let's edit that to this:
Can I help?

I support anyone arming themselves, legally.

Reagan didn't.

Neither does Obama ... but Defiant does and so do I. Weird

Oh please..

Federal Eye - National Parks Gun Law Takes Effect in February

This week both the House and Senate approved Sen. Tom Coburn's amendment to the credit card bill. The Oklahoma Republican and a bipartisan coalition of lawmakers has tried for years to get the measure approved, arguing that differences in state and federal firearms restrictions made it difficult for gun owners to travel between state and federal lands. Interior instituted new regulations in the waning weeks of the Bush administration, only to have them rejected by a federal judge in March. The Obama administration refused to appeal the decision and the president signed today's bill with no comment on the gun provisions. Approval of Coburn's bill is yet another of several recent setbacks for gun control advocates.

:rofl: Guest on HLN says the Zimmermans should "just shut up".

That's right, only the race baiters should be allowed to talk now. :cuckoo:

Just watched Zimmerman's brother annihilate the two CNN dunces interrogating him. He made them look like the Dumbed-Down 'White Guilt' buffoons they are. He destroyed them with logic & reason. The man is pretty impressive.

Must have video!

So far, not much ugliness.
The Oakland police dispatch office said about 100 people protested, with some in the crowd breaking windows on businesses and starting small fires in the streets. As the protest wound down with the crowd dispersing, the office said that as of 2 a.m. PDT it had no word of any arrests.

Local media reports said some Oakland marchers vandalized a police squad car and police formed a line to block the protesters' path.

The Oakland Tribune said some windows on the newspaper's downtown offices were broken, and footage from a television helicopter show people attempting to start fires in the street and spray painting anti-police graffiti.

In Southern states.

I am sure most of the pro-gun people would support that.

I support anyone arming themselves, legally.

Reagan didn't.

Generally..I don't think concealed carry is a good idea.

But if you are in the south and black?

It's probably necessary.

Not only do you have to really worry about cops..but also your fellow citizens.

I wouldn't know since I've been a Republican all my adult life, but I've been told no matter how hard one tries it's impossible to completely flush the liberal, democrat stench from one's body and mind.

Ah, yes. Conflicts of Law. I had PTSD after that class! So you MUST understand if I forgot something.

Here's a decent argument against the dual sovereignty thingy, I should say 'doctrine.' It is long but here is the conclusion, with which I whole heartedly agree.

Conclusion
The dual sovereignty doctrine regarding successive state and federal
prosecutions as presently applied is repugnant to the spirit of
the constitutional protections guaranteed by the Double Jeopardy
Clause. The principle of dual sovereignty lacks foundation in the
text, history and structure of the Bill of Rights. Moreover, the policy
rationale and the precedents upon which the Court has upheld
the doctrine have been undermined.

http://ir.lawnet.fordham.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1961&context=ulj

So, can I hope for to get another O'Mara fix anytime soon? If so, I'll put my money on him.

I am a fan of Gene Volokh... UCLA con law prof. Here is a link to a recent blog on the Volokh Conspiracy website concerning this issue:

The Volokh Conspiracy » Cert Petition Asks Court to Overturn ?Dual Sovereignty? Doctrine in Double Jeopardy Law

I would saw you haven't been reading many posts on this trial than. I read countless bs from people saying how happy they were they don't live in a black neighborhood, they were going to cling to their tvs, stocking up on essentials etc etc, and that riots were a given.

Didn't the Zimmtards say that he would be found guilty because they were afraid that a not-guilty verdict would lead to mass riots by angry blacks?

So much for that racist conspiracy theory.

No dumbass.

I have no idea what a Zimmtard is other than a poor use of the English language for the record I thought it would be a hung jury.

You almost gotta laugh. You can't listen to the radio for an hour without hearing government sponsored commercials featuring the voice of "McGruff" the crime dog telling Americans to stalk and confront strangers in the neighborhood.

In Southern states.

I am sure most of the pro-gun people would support that.

Nope.

They should legally arm themselves in ALL the states, both northern and southern.

But the threshold in most states is 21 for CCW.

It is usually illegal for any minor to own a firearm, handguns specifically are illegal for minors to own or possess without adult supervision.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back