The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no problem if you carry a concealed weapon legally. Does that clear it up?

LOL...not really! You're OK for me to "buy" a firearm...and you've got no problem if I "carry" a firearm...but what's your stand on my right to use that firearm if someone is threatening me?

A man shot another man stealing his car here, I agreed with the man who shot the car thief.
In the Martin case if Zimmerman had been defending himself on his property and had Martin committed a crime that posed a danger to Zimmerman on Zimmerman's property then I would be on Zimmerman's side.
I don't agree with someone using his gun when he followed a innocent boy playing wannabe cop. I also don't think he should spend 20 years in prison. I believe he should receive some jail time for his part in causing the incident to happen. Yes Martin probably attacked him, but it would have never happened if he had not followed a boy who had committed no crime.

Once again, you've lost me...

You seem to think it's OK for George Zimmerman to shoot Trayvon Martin if Martin attacked him on Zimmerman's property but that Zimmerman somehow loses that right if he's just in his neighborhood? Does that really make sense to you?

You have no sympathy for a boy who was unarmed and followed for no reason? That's cool.

oh come on... this was no wimp scared kid we are talking about... its a wanna be gang banger...

i have no sympathy for a punk kid trying to turn the tables and beat the shit out of someone when he had.... gotten away.

The state of Florida would have if he had killed Zimmerman.

and we shall see what the state of florida has to say.

as far as the texts... in my opinion they should be admissible.

You have no sympathy for a boy who was unarmed and followed for no reason? That's cool.

oh come on... this was no wimp scared kid we are talking about... its a wanna be gang banger...

i have no sympathy for a punk kid trying to turn the tables and beat the shit out of someone when he had.... gotten away.

but you don't get---he FUCKED UP. Now you want Zimmerman to pay. Such typical liberal BS

but you don't get---he FUCKED UP. Now you want Zimmerman to pay. Such typical liberal BS

Zimmerman fucked up too, typical Con BS.

I think only the texts from the time of the incident, Martin committed no crime.

So it's against the law to wear a hood, look at houses and walk down a street?
And if he looked suspicious he should have called the cops and nothing more.

its not against the law to follow people either.
Zimmerman should have called the police, he caused the incident to happen. No getting around that fact. If someone was following me at night I would see that as a threat.

I'd have to disagree with you, Luissa. The "incident" as you refer to it was caused by a lack of communication between two people. Zimmerman is at fault for not informing Martin that he was asking about him because he was part of the Neighborhood Watch. Martin is at fault for not telling Zimmerman that he was staying with someone FROM the neighborhood.

Zimmerman DID call the Police. Martin did NOT. Yes, Zimmerman followed Martin but it was Martin attacking Zimmerman that caused the fatal shooting.

I think only the texts from the time of the incident, Martin committed no crime.

that is not so cut and dry. I say travon did commit a crime and died in the process of committing that crime.

you see it differently....

Once again...you seem confused, Luissa.

You state that you think it's probable that Martin attacked Zimmerman...which is assault and battery...yet you're adamant that Martin committed no crime. I'm not seeing how you rationalize that.

Plus if we are going to believe Martin a known liar why not believe the girlfriend? According to her original statement Zimmerman followed Martin two different times.

According to Florida law 776.012 Use of force in defense of person.—A person is justified in using force, except deadly force, against another when and to the extent that the person reasonably believes that such conduct is necessary to defend himself or herself or another against the other’s imminent use of unlawful force. However, a person is justified in the use of deadly force and does not have a duty to retreat if:
(1) He or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony; or
(2) Under those circumstances permitted pursuant to s. 776.013.
History.—s. 13, ch. 74-383; s. 1188, ch. 97-102; s. 2, ch. 2005-27.

So kindly explain to me how Florida law would excuse Martin from being charged with a crime? Did Zimmerman threaten him verbally? Did he brandish a handgun when he questioned Martin? Did he get within a threatening "range" of Martin? What is it that Zimmerman did BESIDE following Martin AT A DISTANCE that you think provides Martin with an excuse for assault and battery?

This notion that because Zimmerman "followed" Martin that the teenager is therefore entitled to commit assault and battery against him has always mystified me.

I will say this, I might have a future stalker on my hands. I will for sure retreat and call 911. But I am a wimp. Lol

This notion that because Zimmerman "followed" Martin that the teenager is therefore entitled to commit assault and battery against him has always mystified me.

Did you look up cases that have been dropped under the Florida law?

I mean I'm sorry...but that just isn't a legal reason to beat the shit out of someone.

And what are the legal reasons for following someone who committed no crime while armed?

you dont have to have "legal reasons" to watch someone who looks suspicious. I caught a bank robber that way.

If said suspicious person runs.... there is no law that says you cannot follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back